Home Forums News What This Bike Needs… Is $1500 Mudguards?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • What This Bike Needs… Is $1500 Mudguards?
  • stwhannah

Ok, it never really stopped raining, but let’s pretend this is a seasonal moment. Your thoughts turn to keeping the puddles off your posterior and the …

By stwhannah

Get the full story here:

What This Bike Needs… Is $1500 Mudguards?

racefaceec90

R

thepurist

For posterity could you amend the thread title to “These mudguards?  Why yes, yes they are”

tall_martin

For that money I’ll have a butler to cycle next to me with an umbrella every time it rains. Might only get 1/4 year for 15,000 but it would be money well spent  ;  )

leffeboy

They are not even pretty.  I’m guessing the point is to get people talking about the company and bump up the seo of the company a bit.

ThruntonThrasher

Alright, can we stop having threads like this? When I was growing up in my village there was a bench full of OAPs who sat there having conversations like this and I wouldn’t want Singletrack to degenerate into that.

Yes they are expensive. So what?

DrP

Gravel: 25mm height x 25mm radius. Recommended tire size up to 35mm 

So..”road” still…

DrP

nwgiles

@tall_martin

Sorry but a proper butler is going to cost you more than 1.5k

sirromj

How much for the gold plated version, asking for a friend.

ossify

a bench full of OAPs who sat there having conversations like this and I wouldn’t want Singletrack to degenerate into that.

You’re way too late ;-)

a11y

And to think I baulked at spending 12% of my hack bike’s cost on a set of £35 SKS Edge AL mudguards.

matt_outandabout

Errrrm.
    No.

tthew

Not a bad design with the stays running outside the guard TBF. Run them nice and close to the tyre and/or less protrusions to cause a build up of mud and leaf mulch jamming them up.

Now if you make them about the same price as the SKF AL’s, (about a 97% discount!) and to fit an actual gravel tyre I’ll be all over them like a tramp on chips. Thanks.

comet

If these chancers charge $1,500 for mudguards, how much does a frame cost?

kimbers

Was the title not referencing Mrs Armitage on Wheels?

stwhannah

Full internet points to @Kimbers Very well done indeed. Glad my obscurity is not lost on everyone!

jameso

Cost aside … colour-matched Ti guards might be the nicest bike accessory I’ve seen in a while. More road and gravel bikes should have colour-matched guards.

(I’d take carbon versions from Velo Duo, ~£250, and get them painted with the frame)

tthew

If these chancers charge $1,500 for mudguards, how much does a frame cost?

According to Road CC, start at £5200, ($6900). Shop must have big windows.

tthew

22 must be having a right marketing splurge because the YouTube Everything’s been done channel has just put a review up on one of their bikes.

I found your next dream bike. Hmm, not sure I would want a £10k ego chariot even if I could justify it. Let’s see.

Kahurangi

Mrs Armitage wouldn’t waste her money on something like that’s she’d knock something together out of drainpipe, no. 8 wire, and and string.

reeksy

Sorry but a proper butler is going to cost you more than 1.5k

Since the gig economy you can get some great rates on as you need them butlers. A great way to impress house guests…or other cyclists.

matt_outandabout

Cost aside … colour-matched Ti guards might be the nicest bike accessory I’ve seen in a while. More road and gravel bikes should have colour-matched guards.

I’m tempted to get the rattle cans out. One two cans of a metallic Ford Tonic blue…

Loch Sween near Tayvallich

chaos

sirromjFull Member
    How much for the gold plated version, asking for a friend.

How is Remco?  Everyone sitting on his wheel might appreciate them

kimbers

I have a theory about Mrs Armitage’s dog

Im fairly sure that Breakspear suffers a spinal injury in her last crash and is paralysed from the waist down, if you you look at the last picture, hes now being carried in the bag

I never shared those thoughts with my kids though.

tjagain

a bench full of OAPs who sat there having conversations like this and I wouldn’t want Singletrack to degenerate into that.

Oi – I resemble that remark!

desperatebicycle

“enhancing the visual aesthetic of your winter workhouse”

Ah that explains it. They’re for indoor self pleasure rather than going out riding.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.