Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 274 total)
  • WC DH 2021
  • chakaping
    Free Member

I thought I had a bloody good team but now I’m second guessing myself because of the mud.

Just makes it such a lottery.

dannyh
    Free Member

UK riders have just shortened their odds IMO – now the rain has appeared.

Reece Wilson looked more at ease than most last year and wasn’t moaning about the track.

matt_outandabout

Looks like a vaseline coated jelly to ride on….

The best riders in the world struggling to stay on thier bikes. Amazing.

Cathro is back. 👍

sharkattack

I’m having trouble identifying the riders in the footage. Too many teams running identical kits with matching bikes. Now that Laurie has a Red Bull helmet I can’t tell him apart from Brook.

chakaping
    Free Member

Has Vali looked to be handling the mud well?

snotrag

I’m in.

I am way, way more excited about Leogang than I am about the eurosoccerball on at the same time, amd I’m not remotely one of those anti football guys!

I’ve got a full team of Brits too, picked just for a laugh a while back but now the rains back, maybe a good choice!

It could have completely dusted out by race runs though if the sun comes out.

nickc

Erm, difficult to say really, I think very few have handled it “well” I think even the Scots are struggling…BUT it was only practice, and not timed runs (that mean anything) Most rides just seemed to be puzzling it out.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

She looked pretty tentative compared to Miriam Nicole.

snotrag

I’ve just realised that the DH finals are on Saturday, not Sunday, as its a double header with the XC. Wooohoo!

colp

Got a couple of my lad’s friends racing in the junior men’s, we should have been out there cheering them on with a crate of beer on the hill.

mark88

I always look out for the home riders so Jamie Edmonson and Mikayla in the seniors . Also young William Brodie and Ryan brannen in the under 23’s.

No under 23s in DH – straight into the big league after Juniors. I’m looking forward to seeing how Jamie follows up after an exceptional end to last year. Also keeping my eye on Dan Slack as a first year senior coming in slightly under the radar.

I’m trying to ignore timed training and not second guess my fantasy team. Gone for more value picks in the men as I think it’s going to be too tight to blow my budget on the established top 5. I expect Vali to dominate once she picks up her first win.

chakaping
    Free Member

Well in contrast, I’ve caved and had a reshuffle influenced by timed training and my instinct about wet riding.

May go back to plan A for the next round though.

nickc

Well in contrast, I’ve caved and had a reshuffle

me too! Haha

reluctantjumper

I may have made wholesale changes to my team after watching the practice videos, definitely going to favour certain riders!

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

I’m in 😎

daviek

I just watching the live timings and im excited, pity im working for the finals though, will have to avoid the results until i can sit down and watch it tomorrow evening

cleetonator

Vali has taken a comfortable lead in the qualifiers. 2.2 seconds over Myriam Nicole. Pulling nearly 3 seconds back after the final split! Looks like a mistake in section 3 cost Vali a couple of seconds, and a mistake in section 4 cost Nicole a couple of seconds.

Tomorrow is going to be nail biting.

moonsaballoon

Anyone got Flo Payet?

Blimey 😳

ossify

Really gives new meaning to the phrase “going balls-out”. Ow

daviek

I wish I hadn’t read that …..

ayjaydoubleyou

Elite Men (After the top 60 riders)

Troy by 6 seconds!!! (the next 4 within a seconad an a half of eachother)

Is anyone decent not top 60 from missing last year due to Covid/injury?

Paul-B
    nickc

What happened to matt Walker, going well until split 4. Crash?

mark88

Daprela was far quicker for the first 3 splits, but Troy has destroyed everyone last 2. Pierron looks to have made a mistake in sector 2 but finished well.

Walker (GB) was pretty steady throughout – there just isn’t much separation in the top splits. Reece the same, hopefully just banking solid qualifiers without the pressure of #1 plate and rainbows getting to them.

Ronan Dunne in 22nd is an outstanding ride.

I think it’s a full roster with exception of Moir and Maes prioritising enduro for now.

identitizombie

https://singletrackworld.com/2021/06/video-qualifying-highlights-leogang-world-cup-2021/

I am EXCITED! Feels like a real season this year even with the changes and cancellation of Fort Bill. I will endeavour to post all the good stuff over the weekend.

Really looking forward to having Tracey’s perspective when commentating on the women’s racing.

stanfree
    Free Member

Juniors was interesting with Jackson Goldstone 2nd and the borders William Brodie 9th. The tree stump section looks horrendous as ever, I don’t think its the best track for TV but probably a hard test for the worlds best.
    Hoping for a Scottish win but would love to see Brosnan do it.

alpin
    Free Member

Who’s that bird with the microphone alongside Jackson doing the qualifying vid?

She’s annoying.

In fact, I find Jackson with his girly, overly enthusiastic laugh annoying, too.

kerley
    Free Member

Who’s that bird

Hello 1970

matt_outandabout

I’m not so convinced about Brosnan – I’m wondering if more than a few held back and didn’t risk injury yesterday. Noticeable how many were saying they were having minor offs in the top and wood section – and a lack of confidence in the track.

A drying track could see a few out the gate putting everything on the line, and a bit more confidence that the lines will support you.

weeksy

Based upon XC short track it was deffo drying lots in the afternoon, but the DH course had deep deep mud that’ll take longer to dry.

onehundredthidiot

A few years ago I did a “what do you want to do when you leave school?” Phoebe Gale put down “Be world champion” 8th in junior quali given she crashed and finished with only 1 working brake. Her and William Brodie were playing around at our pumptrack last week.

stanfree
    Free Member

Young William has looked like a pro for years , My son raced a few Borders mini and did well to get within 7 secs of him years ago. I’d imagine he wont be the last we see racing world cups from the borders / edinburgh area in the coming years. The UK and Scotland in particular has some young talent coming through.

richwales

In fact, I find Jackson with his girly, overly enthusiastic laugh annoying, too.

I’m with you on that – wish they’d tell him to tone it down.

alpin
    Free Member

No Claudio?

scruff
    Free Member

What times the men’s showing on RB tv?

reluctantjumper

Argh, Valli 😫

twistedpencil

That was a tough watch, poor Vali, that top section was mental from her!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 274 total)

The topic ‘WC DH 2021’ is closed to new replies.