Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 274 total)
  • WC DH 2021
  • sharkattack

All the footage so far is very promising. It looks like a wild ride.

It’s going to be much better than watching the 20th visit to a hard packed, one line motorway.

Trimix
    Free Member

Wide taping, fresh cut, roots = all amounts to lots of line chose. That means bigger time gaps and a much greater opportunity for errors.

chakaping
    Free Member

I have more excitement for this race than any since Danny was on his winning streak back in 2016.

I even have more excitement for the quali results than for most races.

Not looking to belittle anyone else’s opinion, but it’ll be so good to see a technical course which gives so much opportunity for creativity and interpretation – and which will favour the best bike handlers.

If only Sam Hill was making his DH comeback here.

weeksy

I’m going to miss it…

Happily that’s because i’m at Afan and BPW for the weekend…

So will catch up on Sunday evening 🙂

oikeith

Still I’m wondering what is under the cover on Bruni’s bike and if its so good, why does Finn and Chris not have it on theirs?

ayjaydoubleyou

Bring on the random rough tracks. I wont be able to watch live, but I’m sure I’ll be glued to every run, even if I accidently see a spoiler before I can watch it.
    Here’s hoping the camera locations are actually on the key bits.

Was 2019 Les Gets the race where we got to see the full run due to it being a sub 3 minute track?

ossify
    grum
    Free Member

You all just want to see loads of crashes, admit it 😛

It will be good as a spectacle but there’s already a lot of riders out injured, I’m not keen to see more.

Anyway I’m just arguing for the sake of it now really, I’m sure it will be grand.

keefezza
    Free Member

Cabirou has updated on her Instagram page, no broken bones just bruised heavily. No racing for her this weekend.
    Front wheel slipped out on take off at the big road gap and she went straight to the right side of the berm. Ouch.

sharkattack

Was 2019 Les Gets the race where we got to see the full run due to it being a sub 3 minute track?

Pretty much.

It’s worth reminding yourself how wild the winning run was…

chakaping
    Free Member

what is under the cover on Bruni’s bike and if its so good, why does Finn and Chris not have it on theirs

If it’s some kind of remote lockout, as speculated, I can’t see it adding a lot of value for this event.

But generally, perhaps Loic doesn’t want Finn to have it?

ayjaydoubleyou

But generally, perhaps Loic doesn’t want Finn to have it?

I’ve never quite got the spesh team dynamic. Is there some bad blood between them? You’re more likely to see Loic hanging with Loris – or am I getting the wrong impression from the coverage.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve never quite got the spesh team dynamic. Is there some bad blood between them? You’re more likely to see Loic hanging with Loris – or am I getting the wrong impression from the coverage.

Dunno, but perhaps Loic thinks Finn is an arrogant little shit with ideas above his station.

Just ‘cos that’s the vibe I’ve got from Finn in the past.

😀

weeksy

Marine Cabirou Pulls Out of Les Gets World Cup Following Road Gap Crash

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/marine-cabirou-pulls-out-of-les-gets-world-cup-following-road-gap-crash.html

frogstomp

Sounds like they took some of the roots out before the road gap to make it easier, but still causing issues..

alpin
    Free Member

You all just want to see loads of crashes, admit it

There’ll be crashes for sure, but I like the idea of different line choices and a more natural track.

Finn does come across a little jumped up at times.

ayjaydoubleyou

Just ‘cos that’s the vibe I’ve got from Finn in the past.

Glad its not just me. I would have excused it in the past when he was winning in the Juniors, but this is his 3rd? mens season, and he’s still acting like a 15 year old.

Of course he’s Mr Whistler, so his fan base is going to be bigger than purely race results would suggest.

oikeith

Is there some bad blood between them? You’re more likely to see Loic hanging with Loris – or am I getting the wrong impression from the coverage.

I don’t think bad blood, I think its more Finn is a team mate and Loris is actaully Loics friend, they’ve been buddies for years, sure I saw something showing pics of them being really young and riding bikes together.

Paul-B

I don’t think bad blood, I think its more Finn is a team mate and Loris is actaully Loics friend, they’ve been buddies for years, sure I saw something showing pics of them being really young and riding bikes together.

I was going to say aren’t Loic & Loris really good mates. Are the Specialized team all on the same suspension (should have looked it up)? It could just be that Finn doesn’t want to run whatever it is and Loic likes tinkering to wring every second he can out…who knows?

malv173
    Free Member

@chakaping we chatted with Finn at Fort Bill after the race a couple of years ago. In no way did he seem arrogant. He was very polite, very friendly. His folks were with him, and they were also lovely.

ayjaydoubleyou

For sure they are best mates, but on track/practicing I would have thought team/job trumps this unless there is an issue between them.

Was it Gwin and Mulally at YT that had a falling out and wouldn’t practise together?

Northwind

I don’t like the big fast grass ending, and it could do with a few horrible massive rocks, but it still looks ace to me. Hopefully it works out as lots of options rather than it being more about finding the superior ones. Some bits look like they properly separate the geniuses from the merely brilliant…

I guess the two risks are that with it being so unbuilt, the track could change a lot over the race day, especially if there’s weather- could easily have earlier riders on lines that don’t exist by the later ones, you can already see that in practice. And it might not look the best on camera, especially if the directors go with the easy wide shots and don’t have much focus on the steep woods. But as a rider’s race it looks damn fine.

bubs

Myriam was the only woman to do the road gap in quali’s … should have had her in my team! The men’s race is going to be super tight unless the weather messes things up. I need Danny to do the business to get me some decent points but this could be a French masterclass.

alpin
    Free Member

Is it me (or the Augustiner), but does Wyn Masters look really stiff on the bike?

And screw me, but I find Elliot Jackson’s voice seriously grating.

davosaurusrex

Have a listen to the Bruni interview on the Downtimw podcast to get Loic’s thoughts on Iles – “I think why does ee act like zat? Ah yes, because ee is a reetard!”

Apologies for the terrible allo allo take off….. Bruni is actually much less self confident and more considered than I would have expected for a multiple world champion, I really like him

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Is the race today? What time does coverage start?

nickc

Elite women’s finals start at 12.30 CET and mens’ at 13.30 CET. (they’re an hour ahead of the UK)

squirrelking
    Free Member

Bugger, guess I’ll be watching on the road (wife driving)

alpin
    Free Member

Seagrave lost quite a lot of time in the last section. But it’s raining. Will it be enough?

Could a interesting fit the men’s race.

Might work the the Brits favour.

sharkattack

Weather forecast doesn’t look good. Hopefully we get a level playing field. It’s crap when the track falls apart half way through the race.

daviek

Forgot how dodgy the redbull site could be. Worked fine at the start of the race now 3 browsers cant get it to load up again :/

got it going on the phone now though.

alpin
    Free Member

Is Vali cursed?

daviek

oooft, poor lass thats going to do her confidence no favours at all

keefezza
    Free Member

Red bull app on the PS4 for me works flawlessly. Might be able to get it on smart TVs?

Gutted for Nicole she would have won if it wasn’t for the early crash

BoardinBob

I’ve got the Red Bull app on my Sky Q box and the live feed for the men’s race was just a constant loop of the post race analysis from the women’s race🙄

Working fine on my Xbox though

nickc

Track getting slicker

sharkattack

I really regret taking Daprela out of my fantasy team. I foolishly thought a massive head injury and biting his own tongue off might slow him down a little.

razorrazoo

You and me both!

nickc

I know right? Nails, that lad

razorrazoo

Think this one is done and dusted with the rain coming in now, I know from personal experience how slick that mud gets.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 274 total)

The topic ‘WC DH 2021’ is closed to new replies.