Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 274 total)
  • WC DH 2021
  • brant
    Free Member

Premier Icon
    alpin
    Free Member

No Claudio?

Sadly yes. Because Tracey was brilliant in the first race.
    Why they have dropped her for the second race is crackers. Claudio is at best a washed up old timer with no real results.

nickc

The drone shots are brilliant!

kelvin

Pierron’s run was the best to watch (so far) for me… had me cheering.

chriscubed

Really enjoying the men’s DH. It’s won/lost in the short wooded section. Commentary good too.

colp

Gutted, my friends are sat in the finishline bar.

kelvin

I was going to say Hatton has that “look slow, go fast” thing going on… but then…

kelvin

WOW!

chriscubed

Wow, Daprela’s run was insane

kelvin

It was. Just how?!?

colp

Get in!!

chriscubed

That was good. I love the camaraderie between the competing riders

kelvin

Loved that.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Happy with that. So many times last season you thought he had taken it, and today he really took it.

twistedpencil

Yep that was a good return for DH. Danny needs to spend more time pedalling in training though 🙂

BruceWee

Great to watch and it’s awesome to see Brosnan win.

It looks to me that the race was won and lost in a section just prior to the woods that wasn’t really covered by the split times. It made it pretty confusing to watch.

keefezza
    Free Member

Properly enjoyed that.
    Be good if there could be a gathering of folk in some sort of drinking establishment to watch this in future

kelvin

Now that would be great!

maxtorque

I thought TracyH did a great job in the commentary box, not always easy with things changing so fast and Warner in full swing with you 🙂

martinhutch

Great race. Lots to get excited about for the rest of the season.

Claudio is at best a washed up old timer with no real results.

Does that really matter? Him and Warner work well as a commentary team. Enjoyed the RB coverage.

stanfree
    Free Member

Great race , Chuffed for Reece and Brosnan. Gutted for Brook he could have won that withoout his double washout. I think Reece was as happy for troy as Troy was for him at the world champs.

keefezza
    Free Member

Bulldog’s little dance over his bike was absolutely comical to watch, not great for him but made me fully laugh out loud

fingerbang
    Free Member

Just watched the replay, one of the best men’s races I remember seeing!. I was cheering on duprela and it looked like the winning run, he was on the edge throughout, that boosted double before the wall ride was nuts, little mistake in the woods

Brosnan, youd have bet your house on him losing after the motorway section, but then the technical sections, wow! Really enjoyed that race

clubby

So happy Reece proved the worlds win wasn’t just a one off fluke run.

LD
    Free Member

Brook’s jump onto the wallride – that is all.

colp

I’ve been riding there all summer for 10 years and just about got my front wheel onto the wall ride from that hump, he landed 1/4 way around! Nuts.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Obviously pretty much everyone in my fantasty team crashed. Sorry to all those riders.

cracking race. stoked on the result, but would have loved to see daprela win (got a thing for the frenchies).

squirrelking
    Free Member

Claudio is at best a washed up old timer with no real results.

Yeah, they should be getting in a real personality like Nico… 🙄

robo89
    Free Member

Personally I find Tracey’s voice a tad whiney so prefer the familiar voice of Claudio regardless of his results, plus if everyone applauds red bull for their equality they’ll be looking for a female version of Rob next and half his wages, heaven forbid.
    Shouldn’t the OP have put this in the bike forum.

fooman

Indeed that was a double take moment, also Pierron’s speed into the woods raised a cheer.

There was a blink and you’ll miss it moment on Daprela’s run only just caught by drone, at the end of the stumpy section where it turns to the high speed jumps – most riders pick their way through the stumps but Daprela rode the whole lot like a high speed burm and was 3 seconds into the green on that corner alone.

alpin
    Free Member

voice of Claudio Kermit

chrismac

What a great race. I thought Tracey was a great addition to the commentary team for the ladies race, knew her stuff and was able to handle Rob despite her lack of experience so far

dannyh
    Free Member

I reckon Brook is just happy to be back shredding it. Legend.

weeksy

I thought TracyH did a great job in the commentary box, not always easy with things changing so fast and Warner in full swing with you

Unbelievable!!!

Everything, absolutely everything was unbelievable to her. I think she said it 100+ times.

Other than that she did well

dannyh
    Free Member

Tracey Hannah doesn’t come across as the sharpest tool in the box and she isn’t ‘quick’ enough with a quip to cover it up like Warner. But she is new to the media bullshit, so she probably needs a bit of time. Elliot Jackson’s contributions on the tech side of the track are really good, just wish he’d reign the giggling in by a bit – not completely, just a bit.

Shouldn’t they be looking at retired riders who have a bit about them conversationally? Some of the older Aussies might be pretty good (Bryn Atkinson maybe). Andrew Neethling perhaps?

chakaping
    Free Member

Does that really matter? Him and Warner work well as a commentary team. Enjoyed the RB coverage.

I wouldn’t be as nasty about him as Brant, but there’s a lot of room for improvement in their double act IMO.

Annoying that they seemed to forget Daprela had gained 3s at the top, then stalled in the woods

So when Troy was only 1.5s behind him before the woods it was obvious he could win. But they were talking like he had time to make up.

Rob won’t be going anywhere so I’m interested to see if Eliot Jackson can do a better job of co-commentating at Les Gets next month, and pick up on more stuff like that

Also they need to provide a bit more background on the lesser known riders and their teams IMO.

I’m quite clued up but I still don’t know about some of the smaller teams and they could fill some of the repetitive earlier runs with that kind of info

Anyway, great racing and I’m stoked to sneak onto the podium in the fantasy DH League.

grum
    Free Member

Well, I’m not last in the fantasy DH League, so could be worse!

DezB
    Free Member

Bulldog’s little dance over his bike was absolutely comical to watch, not great for him but made me fully laugh out loud

I think that showed how damn steep it was on the Shimano corner, something that TV coverage can’t convey. I’m just glad I watched “The Road Back” after I saw his crash(es), that’s for sure.

sharkattack

Check this video of Cathro climbing up the section where Brook and Valli crashed. Much steeper than it looks from the overhead camera on the live feed.

There’s no real berm, just a small groove with a little support. Go outside of that and it’s easy to see how your front wheel would fly away. And yes, the bit where Brook tried to quickly jump back on is still a hell of a slope.

DezB
    Free Member

^^ superb, confirms what I thought!

brant
    Free Member

I wouldn’t be as nasty about him as Brant, but there’s a lot of room for improvement in their double act IMO.

Annoying that they seemed to forget Daprela had gained 3s at the top, then stalled in the woods

So when Troy was only 1.5s behind him before the woods it was obvious he could win. But they were talking like he had time to make up.

tbf, Claudio does a very good job commentating in a second language. But Tracey’s actual relevant racer input was superb, and clearly made the commentary box a lot less like a lads party.

Tracey spotted crashes way before Rob, and was so on the ball.
    And yeah – the stall in the woods meant that the timing sums were obvious to most people except, well, anyhow.

Rob’s come on a lot as a commentator. Him and Pagey on Danny’s run clearly was a drunken work of art. I was really blown away with Tracey’s incredibly educated and FAST commentary – I really thought she was a right mardy character as a racer, so was happy to be wrong about that!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 274 total)

The topic ‘WC DH 2021’ is closed to new replies.