Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 274 total)
  • WC DH 2021
  • cleetonator

Is anyone else really looking forward to watching some WC racing this weekend?

The other site (PB) have the fantasy league up now, i’ve set us up a league “SingletrackWorld” for anyone interested in participating. Password is “louise”

There seems to be plenty of the pre-race video footage going up now, I’m looking forward to seeing who they replace Loris with on Dialed over the next few days.

dusterbenny
    Free Member

Just joined the league, I’m buzzing the the WC to start again, especially to see how Vali goes in the womens. Who’s everyone’s money on this year?

Simwit

@cleetonator cheers for setting this up. Joined as Psythepie. Bring on the racing 🙂

pandhandj
    Free Member

Just joined up.

I’m top of the league… 🙂

weeksy

will join later but it’s pretty tough to build a team with a top rider in either class isn’t it !!!!

moonsaballoon

I’m in . Matt walker at 375k seems quite cheap considering he’s current World Cup champion , maybe because he’s not won a race yet but even so .

looking at that list of riders it’s just so open this year , so many riders capable of winning In both the men’s and women’s. Can’t wait !

sillyoldman

In – can’t wait for this!

Cheers for setting up.

weeksy

I’m in…. my young lad will be joining tonight.

Trimix
    Free Member

I’m very much looking forward to this years events.

I think the late and very limited / wet season we had last year means there is little to no chance of predicting this years winners. Practice, training and race experience was all messed up last year. Even this year we may see the effects of Covid messing with some riders travel / race plans.

chakaping
    Free Member

Can you join more than one league this year?

Obviously I’d like to give you all a good hiding, but I have to prioritise thrashing my mates.

ossify

Getting very hyped for this!

A bit distracted by Dean Lucas’ hair though 😲
    Hope he has that as a wig on top of his helmet when racing 🤣

nickc

Got a Team. It appears to be full of Frenchies.

flyingmonkeycorps

Well excited for this, hoping for a proper good season this year. I’ll set up my (no doubt losing) team tonight.

Then I can get the Mrs back for all the cooking / dancing / sewing / house shows we watch for the rest of the year…

reluctantjumper

I’m in. Having lots of riders fully fit and also race-rusty should lead to mixed results, would be very easy for someone to have a run of a lifetime or even make some basic mistakes.

chakaping
    Free Member

Update – seems you can compete in two leagues this year.

😀

flyingmonkeycorps

In. Also quite a French looking team.

matt_outandabout

Is this the thread for virtual teams or discussion about real world DH?

sharkattack

Choose carefully. There’s lots of riders on those lists that won’t be racing. Some of them I’m not sure if they even ride anymore.

docrobster
    Free Member

Ok when is the racing? I need to plan my weekend….

cleetonator

Is this the thread for virtual teams or discussion about real world DH?

I presumed it would start as the virtual teams but swiftly evolve into the general World Cup DH chat.

I think the late and very limited / wet season we had last year means there is little to no chance of predicting this years winners. Practice, training and race experience was all messed up last year. Even this year we may see the effects of Covid messing with some riders travel / race plans

I agree that it’s wide open this year, in both the men’s and womens fields, it’s anyone’s guess at this stage who’ll be taking the first few wins. I think vali is going to give the ‘old guard’ a run for their money in the womens races. In the men’s, who knows? Matt Walker should be coming into the season on a confidence high, so should do well. However all of the frenchies will be hungry for it and riding hard this year.

nickc

Interesting that Marshy is back and working for Scott? I thought he’d retired.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Going camping for brother in laws birthday this weekend. Gutted.
    That no social media or Singletrack or PB for me until at least Monday night to avoid the spoilers.
    Great venue to kick it all off though. Super excited.

oikeith

Interesting that Marshy is back and working for Scott? I thought he’d retired.

Wasn’t he at Pivot last year?

mrhoppy

I think vali is going to give the ‘old guard’ a run for their money in the womens races.

She was smoking everyone up to the point she broke herself at WC last year (caveated that a lot of the old hands were crocked). But I can see a similar trend as old hands didn’t get much running last season either so a lot of riders coming in after a looong time out of the tapes.

fingerbang
    Free Member

I’m disappointed with Pinkbike coverage cos my favourite WC bits are the photo splurge track walk and then Cathro vids.

I don’t like track walk videos cos its full of riders trying to be funny and you can’t check out the shots properly. Photos!!

The tech photos are good though. Reece Wilson’s bike is looking spunktastic

Ok when is the racing? I need to plan my weekend….

the news is on pinkbike I believe men elites are racing from 12.30 saturday

fingerbang
    Free Member

its CET

Thursday June 10

• 08:15-17:00 // Official Downhill Training

Friday June 11
    • 08:30-11:45 // Official Downhill Training
    • 12:15 // Seeding Run – Junior Women
    • 12:30 // Qualifying Round – Junior Men
    • 13:30 // Qualifying Round – Elite Women
    • 14:00 // Qualifying Round – Elite Men

Saturday June 12
    • 08:15-09:15 // Official Downhill Training
    • 09:45 // Final – Junior Men
    • 10:30 // Final – Junior Women
    • 10:50-12:05 // Official Downhill Training Elite Men and Women
    • 12:30 // Final – Elite Women
    • 13:30 // Final – Elite Men
    • Awards to follow

Note: All times are local and subject to change by the event organizer.

fingerbang
    Free Member

Just watched Duprela’s POV cam on Pinkbike. I say watched. He got a splodge of mud on the camera right at the top and it stayed on throughout! proper mud fest. For some stupid reason I was expecting it to be dry as high Austrian alps would mirror our weather.

ayjaydoubleyou

Timed training:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/timed-training-results-leogang-world-cup-dh-2021.html

Which the women clearly do not take seriously, and I guess just use it as further practise.

iolo
    Free Member

I´m in Leogang on Sunday doing an MTB guiding course if someone facies a beer

bubs

In and ranked no.1 😎

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

What’s CET in GMT? My viewing plans may have run into a problem…

pandhandj
    Free Member

@bubs

this is a fix!

Im down to 28th already! :):):)

reluctantjumper

What’s CET in GMT? My viewing plans may have run into a problem…

Redbull.tv says their coverage starts at 11.30 GMT for the ladies, men follow at 12.45.

colp

@iolo

If you can hang on until some time in August I’ll buy you a Stiegl

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Thanks @reluctantjumper 👍

keefezza
    Free Member

Vital raw is up on YouTube.
    Rain has arrived and looking like a repeat of the mud bath of last year. Will make for some interesting riding again but can’t help but think something could have been done to reduce the impact rain has on the bottom section.

Yak

I’m in.

malv173
    Free Member

I’m in! Much scanning of timed training times to tweak my team. Because timed training is everything, right? 😄

But, I cannot wait for the race. I think it’s going to be a great one. The talent in both elite fields is of very high quality! Fast af.

Yak

Ah, only 2 leagues allowed. I am out unfortunately.

stanfree
    Free Member

Cant wait , Would love to see Reece smash it again in Leogang. I always look out for the home riders so Jamie Edmonson and Mikayla in the seniors . Also young William Brodie and Ryan brannen in the under 23’s.
    Realistically can see Amaury , Loris and Loic vying for no 1.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 274 total)

The topic ‘WC DH 2021’ is closed to new replies.