Viewing 40 posts - 2,121 through 2,160 (of 8,695 total)
  • Watches N+1…
  • Futureboy77

Happy with how this mod worked out. I did plan to do more, but pleased I kept it simple. Dagaz knurled bezel and insert (photos don’t do the insert justice, is a lovely midnight blue). Crystal times low dome blue AR crystal, brushed chapter ring and “S” engraved crown. Just the look I was after.

jamiep
    Free Member

Kryton57
    Subscriber
    Jamie p I notice the parnis Daytona in your pic – how do you find it?

To me, it’s an elegant design that can be worn
    dressy or sporty. No complaints with the build quality. Nice brushing. Screwed links. Crystal glass. Bezel and dial looks good. Don’t like the clasp although it has a divers’/sweaty arm bracelet extension. Small dials hard to see in light. Pleasing chrono button press click and chrono hand snap back. No date window, bah. Keeps perfect time (battery, not manual/automatic). Really good value for the £50-5-ish cost.

Well, this evening I also bought a Parnis GMT Batman on jubilee bracelet to go with it
    …A day remaining on the current AliExpress sale and a few quid off further with coupons: £54, I think

Futureboy77

Happy first wrist shot!

Kato

Was just about to buy that green Alkin when some late night eBaying dug up a bargain!

Wasn’t really looking at the white faced one but couldn’t ignore it for £100!

CountZero

Not sure if I posted a photo of my Heimdallr SKX007/MM300 homage with the vintage Bond NATO strap, but it doesn’t look over-large on my very skinny wrist, and the single-pass thin nylon lets it sit close to my wrist as well. I absolutely love it to bits, the only amendment I’m thinking of making is a coin-edge bezel with full lumed ceramic insert.

dakuan
    Free Member

that Alkin is a smashing deal! You must be stoked

dakuan
    Free Member

null

Here’s my cheapo collection

Kato

Everyone should own an SKX!

Futureboy77

A bit of colour to brighten up a Sunday.

Just ordered a case, case back and a dial for the next project!

penguinni

johnners
    Free Member

Everyone should own an SKX!

I quite agree.

dakuan
    Free Member

Just ordered a case, case back and a dial for the next project!

Wotcha building?

I’m temped to do an explorer 2 type thing, but never seen quite the right white dial

Futureboy77

@dakuan An SKX body with a Dagaz Fifty Five Fathoms dial. I’m not doing a Fifty Fathoms homage, just fancy putting a watch together that I like.
    Will be ordering a ceramic bezel insert and a double dome crystal soon. I have an spare NH36 movement and some hands at the ready.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

@Futureboy77, I like that – did you do it yourself or get someone to do it for you? More details either way, please!

edit: oh, just saw some details further up, apols.

irc

I blame this thread. After seeing it here I got an Alkin Model 1 – my first automatic watch. Now, still very much at the budget end a cheapo Seiko 5 diver style.

At $150, This Seiko Dive Watch is a Ton of Value for the Money

Ordered at £132 from Amazon UK. Could have got it a few quid cheap from international sites but buying from Amazon UK (not 3rd party seller) will mean no quibble return in the event it develops any fault or I don’t like it in the flesh. A check on Camelcamelcamel suggests this is the lowest he price has been on Amazon UK.

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Seiko-Analogue-Automatic-Watch-Silicone/product/B00SCPUXNO?context=search

johnners
    Free Member

Ordered at £132

Looks decent value for a Seiko, especially since it looks like the 5KXs are still £200 and above. Nice looking but a bit big for my taste – I like the hand set though.*

*see Gen 1 Monster above!

Kryton57

Those Seiko 5s are and wear much smaller than skx.  I have one on a bracelet and am coming around to the smaller sizing.

frankconway

Time to re-name thread as it’s now about little other than Seiko.
    Other watch brands are available.

irc

Nice looking but a bit big for my taste

Yes. I gave the size a bit of thought. It’s 4mm wider than my Alkin . My wrist is probably a bit bigger than average at 19cm/7.5″ so hopefully I’ll get away with it.

dakuan
    Free Member

ah in that case you might as well get on with the 45mm monsters 😀

johnners
    Free Member

Those Seiko 5s are and wear much smaller than skx

Are you sure? I’ve no experience of how they wear but everything I’ve seen has the SRP605 at 44mm diameter vs the SKX007 at 42.5. If you meant the SRPDs (5KX) then they’re practically identical in diameter and lug-lug.

Kato

Alkin

New arrival for £100! Mint and wears smaller than the photo indicates. Very pleased

irc

New arrival for £100!

Bargain. I bought an identical one – white face, stainless steel, brown strap at full price!

Pleased with it. Very comfortable once the strap breaks in. Runing accurate to about 5s a day after 3 months.

johnners
    Free Member

New arrival for £100!

Absolute bargain, they’re decent value even at full price. I do like those hands.

Futureboy77

Nice watch @kato The hands are lovely. A bargain too!

neilnevill
    Free Member

whoop whoop! I’ve picked up a gorgeous Tissot visodate, auto. traded my Steinhart ocean one so N still=N but I’m rather pleased!

Kato

Excellent choice they’re beautiful things! Which one did you get?

neilnevill
    Free Member

Cheers, yes I’ve admired them for years every since a mate I got into watches bought himself one. I picked up a white dialed steel case auto. The auto is day-date, ETA movement, the quartz are date only I believe. I realised my small collection (planet Ocean, pelagos, green sumo, Ocean one) was diver heavy and missing a white dial. Although the PO and the sumo look smart, particularly the po, a white dialed non sport/tool dressier watch seemed a good addition. Plus since getting the Sumo it was pushing the Steinhart out of place as the cheaper beater to wear on holiday, mowing the lawn, washing the car etc. So when an opportunity came to swap the Steinhart for a visodate I was very pleased indeed!

penguinni

Well I got this today. Took a few years but finally indulged myself. Its rather nice.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Very nice. I’m a rubber strap kind of guy but that is pretty sweet.

Kryton57

That is nice.  Ive been looking hard at second hand Seamasters.

nicko74

Oooh, very nice. More pics/ details?

Futureboy77

Happy new Speedy @penguinni Very nice it is too! They are lovely watches to wear.

My old Ti one is badly needing a service and a tidy up/valet. I’ve been quoted £280 by a local independent (Rolex trained) which I thought wasn’t too bad (although much more than my car service!). It cost more and was away for over 6 months at Omega/Swatch the last time!

neilnevill
    Free Member

Speedy!??

Nice SMP. I think they are fabulous value. Enjoy.

Photo for you, particularly Kato (if it works!)

Futureboy77

Speedy!??

Soz, was reading a quote for work on a Seamaster and Speedmaster whilst typing!

Kato

@neilnevill. Exactly the same as mine. Exceptional taste!

plyphon
    Free Member

Does anyone know of any watch stands? I have a watch box but end up leaving the two I wear most just on the top of the box, and then naturally any flat surface becomes a collection point for clutter (paperwork I need to file, mostly.)

I quite like these:
    https://thewatchstand.com/

But refuse to spend that much on a metal rod, some cheap leather and a slab of marble. I also would like one that can old two watches comfortably.

I’ve also seen this on Instagram but no details as to what it actually is:

dakuan
    Free Member

‘merica

nicko74

plyphon, thought that was your pic at first. Was going to comment on the Patek…

w00dster

Here’s some of mine, apologies for some rubbish pics…and hope the links work…
    Should be my Rolex Explorer II, Breitling Super Ocean, Oris TT Chrono Ceramic, Seiko, Bell and Ross.
    I have a few others but no photos (Omega Seamaster and Panerai Luminor 1950, after the father in law had a break in and a nightmare with the insurance company, the expensive watches are now kept in a family safe)

I probably wear the Seiko the most, I have another Seiko Divers somewhere, the blue one in the pic was a present from the wife so have to wear it, but I do quite like it. The Bell and Ross Was also a present from the wife so wear that for dinner/evenings out. The Oris is probably my personal favourite. The Panerai I really like, mainly because I wanted one for years, saved up for a long time to be able to afford it (and sold a bike!). The Rolex I got at a relatively good price due to previously living abroad and no VAT.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hrcS8XCT4docmY4U6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UtkzygMF8hPF5rbV6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KfDKabiVvz6HzSTD8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KfDKabiVvz6HzSTD8

Will be getting a new nice watch within the next year, just haven’t really seen much that takes my fancy within my budget.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,121 through 2,160 (of 8,695 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.