Viewing 21 posts - 8,681 through 8,701 (of 8,701 total)
  • Watches N+1…
  • Kato

Yeah I had a Save The Ocean Turtle the Manta Ray one.   Lovely watch, I’d have another.   Don’t be put off by the case size as they wear smaller than the figures would have you believe.

If you get one with a bezel that lines up and a cyclops that isn’t wonky then you’ve won the lottery!

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Kryton, that Seiko Lagoon looks 👌

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

@kato I think that’s why I’m drawn to the Prospex. I like the larger case with the machined bezel.

I’ve always had a soft spot for a Seiko after lusting for an Arctura and luckily getting one for my 30th.

23 years later and I’m slowly moving from having a smart watch to wanting another Seiko. This thread is to blame as there’s been some stunning watches.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Steer clear of the “black sand” dial versions.  The Super Compressor texted is infamously off centre.   I sent mine back for that reason but never replaced it.  Once you see it you can’t unsee it.

you say that, but I have a black sand and it bothers me not one bit that the text I can barely see is slightly off centre.

JAG

it bothers me not one bit

I’m not sure I would have noticed this issue if Kato hadn’t mentioned it. I can imagine that I might have bought one and never realised :o)

JAG

I have a king Samurai

I also have the King Samurai – I’m a sucker for Seiko. The bezel is perfectly aligned and the cyclops looks fine.

I think that Seiko Prospex watches provide great value for money and look very pretty.

Kryton57

The bezel is perfectly aligned and the cyclops looks fine.

Mine too, I’m happy to provide an out of focus pic if needed.

Kryton57

A screen shot from the Watchgecko review, the new Chris Ward 12X:

IMG_0051

https://www.christopherward.com/twelve-x-landing-page.html

gifferkev

Not sure about that to be honest. The thing I liked about the twelves was the dials. £4k too, oof that’s a hefty jump

johnners
    Free Member

That’s an absolute horror of a thing.

Or to put it more accurately, it’s not really to my personal taste. These things are subjective after all!

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I actually quite like it, but I’m never going to be paying 4 grand for a CW.

IHN

Yeah, it’s definitely from the more is more school of design, which ain’t my bag.

In a slight question resurrection, any recommendations for replacement leather straps for a dress watch?

neilnevill
    Free Member

No.  Its like a cheap looking take on an (ugly) Zenith defy.

I don’t mind cw homaging/ taking inspiration from others designs.  I like the numerous c60 that look very seamaster.  I don’t like the defy and like that cw even less.

If you like it,  they will be available for around £2k used,  maybe less,  worlds would be my guess.

kilo

@IHN

Hirsch for replacement straps.

neilnevill
    Free Member

https://images.app.goo.gl/8kiMeiSUcqsD6Vfd7

The cw is cheap by comparison….but tbf the wireless quality in the zenith would be several levels above even though cw are very very good these days.

Kryton57

So I spent the change from a recent bathroom renovation on the appropriate CW bracelet for the C65.  Thoughts?   I like it, but thing the mix of radial brushing on the watch and linear on the bracelet can look at odds in the wrong light:

IMG_5478

CountZero

I redid the lume on the black G-Shock, with some white, and instead of using the little applicator spatula thing, I very carefully painted the indices with a very fine brush. Much better results, it’s smoother, and being white matches the hands better. Still glows green, but it’s brighter and more even glow.

JAG

Thoughts?

i thinks it’s a beauty and it looks good whether it’s on a strap or a bracelet.

i personally prefer the bracelet but YMMV :o)

derek_starship
    Free Member

I’m rather taken with the new Bulova Surveyor:

https://www.watch.co.uk/pictures/bulova-96b427-surveyor-15874100.jpg

IHN

Happy NWD to me. As I said somewhere up there ^, I was on the lookout for a watch for my 50th, ideally from 1974. Well, a bit of eBay patience found this NOS beauty, which has the kind of unusualness and retro vibe that I love.

PXL_20240501_125417960

derek_starship
    Free Member

Happy 50th and congratulations on your acquisition. I think that’s very nice.

The style of watch your dad’s cool mate had back in the day. I’m 55 BTW.

Viewing 21 posts - 8,681 through 8,701 (of 8,701 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.