Home Forums Chat Forum UK Election!

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 8,917 total)
  • UK Election!
  • Poopscoop

The Ides of July

Poor old rishi.

ThePinkster

@crazy-legs – spooky!

kelvin

I’ve donated to Labour. Will also pick a LibDem local campaign to donate to in a seat they’re up against an incumbent Tory. Normally donate to Caroline Lucas’ campaign, but with her standing down, would rather switch that to a seat where Greens have a hope of unseating a Tory… is there one?

BillMC

Let’s hope Andrew Feinstein beats Starmer.

binners

447E1B36-ACBA-43D5-A8F7-223B48BBF623

BikePawl
    Free Member

Stolen from another forum but it made me laugh

Richard Hammond will be presenting the election results show

Total Wipeout

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

“OK Labour,  don’t mess up and we should see the tories handed their butts.”

Don’t underestimate Labour’s talent for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!

Proportional representation referendum ASAP, (but keep it under your hats) to ensure we never again have a govt like this one!

susepic

@kelvin

Screenshot 2024-05-22 195738

And for the LDs – Mid Sussex – Alison Bennett (new boundaries) is a very possible as local electorates very yellow and remainer, we lose the awful Andrew Griffith who was parachuted in for the last election and remains in Arundel Southdowns (I think that one has been renamed as well as reboundaried).

binners

It appears that Sunak is basing his election campaign on the world being a scary place and he can defend us against it

Goid luck with that, little fella

Poopscoop

I’m worried for the lil’ guy tonight.

If he kept that suit on and it shrinks he’s basically in a straightjacket.

mattyfez

It does seem strange given the Conservative modus operandi..

Has sunak just flipped out and decided he can’t be arsed with the hassle any more?

doomanic

We can but hope…

MoreCashThanDash

All that against a unified and buoyant Labour party

Have you not seen the Starmer thread?

robertajobb

Maybe Rishi Rich has decided to shaft the nazi right wingers in his dysfunctional party to see most of them ousted.  He defo isn’t in it for the direct £££ and losing his £170k and a couple of free of rent houses is a meaningless chaff to him.

pk13

Vote of no confidence and Boris for PM?

It’s the Tory way😄

somafunk

Let’s hope Andrew Feinstein beats Starmer.

That’d be a well deserved hoof in the nuts for starmer.

Poopscoop

The little chap is holding his first election rally in London right now.

Lots of very unhappy Tories loitering around behind him as he does his usual shirt sleeves rolled up, patronising speech. 😂

crazy-legs

It appears that Sunak is basing his election campaign on the world being a scary place and he can defend us against it

With our one working aircraft carrier, half a Navy, underfunded Army and an air force that can cobble together a few working aircraft for ceremonial flypasts every few months…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68501370

Thanks Rishi, you’re the best!

Drac

@Drac – that is amazing

Wish I could claim it as my work it is very good.

csb
    Free Member

@susiepic @kelvin the incumbent there is Labour and very popular. Very savvy electorate who are totally behind Greens as Councillors but equally loyal to the Labour MP.  I’d be amazed if the Greens got in.

molgrips
    Free Member

Lol – electoral calculus site is very slow…

Poopscoop

I wonder if this will be the first UK general election where tactical voting is proven to have had a large and influential effect on the outcome.

I really think it could. 👍

grahamt1980

Im worried for the lil’ guy tonight.  If he kept that suit on and it shrinks he’s basically in a straightjacket.

If his suits shrink the only thing they will fit is an action man

Drac

IMG_1234

csb
    Free Member

No excuses for not getting a vote in, ignore the nonsense SNP are spouting about holidays  https://www.gov.uk/apply-postal-vote

kelvin

Thanks @susepic … not at all what I said I was looking for though.

martinhutch

He’s just had security manhandle a Sky News team out of one of his events. It really has been a PR masterclass today.

I’m hopeful this will be Sunak’s campaign in a nutshell.

How long till he’s shouting at babies?

Andy

Anyone sweating about being away when postal vote arrives. You can phone your local election office and check when being sent out and if needs get them to send it to a different address.

crazy-legs

Twitter is actually back on form at the moment.

Poopscoop

Joyous watching that vid of Sky News guy being ejected. First day of campaigning and it’s going to shit already! 😂

politecameraaction
    Free Member

Sitting at home thinking “oh they’ll get smashed, I won’t bother to vote”

Brexit – Trump – Sunak 2024?

colournoise

I know Drac already posted something similar, but I appreciate the refinement of this version.

Kramer
    Free Member

The fact that he was allowed to go out and get drenched like that suggests that something is very wrong in number 10. So many bad photo opportunities.

And that’s before the police took their time to stop “Things Can Only Get Better”.

martinhutch

My local Tory MP has posted something nice on Twitter about the Labour member for Halifax who is standing down. He has made no mention of the upcoming election. This was about an hour ago. Read into it what you will, but I suspect that the Tories are going to have to find quite a few new candidates in a hurry.

grahamt1980

And that’s before the police took their time to stop “Things Can Only Get Better”.

I read somewhere that it wasn’t the police,  the rain killed the speaker

reluctantjumper

For all those worrying about being away on the day and not getting a postal vote, don’t forget you can nominate a proxy to vote for you.  As for the house move conundrum: check the rules as it has previously said you voted based on your registered address a certain time before the election date.

matt_outandabout

I’ve just read a short piece suggesting that as NI and Scotland are on school holidays, many of the polling station buildings are closed and most of the (usually council) staff needed to oversee an election have holiday booked. This could cause real issues…

binners

Announcing something that hasn’t been properly thought through?

Surely not?

Flaperon

Anyone sweating about being away when postal vote arrives.

Nope. They don’t need signing for so the postman can just stick it through the letterbox.

jimw
    Free Member

Anyone else relishing ‘chatting’ with any Tory canvassers with the brass neck to knock on their door?

In the 25 years that have lived in this house, we have never had a Tory canvasser,( nor labour or lib dem to be fair) and only rarely any Tory literature. That’s because it was a very safe blue seat  ( 24500 majority) and we live a little out of the main village and I suppose it wasn’t worth their while.
    Since the local elections last year where our ward overwhelmingly voted for a green councillor we have had five or six visits from the local green candidate’s canvassers and if their polling is anywhere near correct then it could be close in the general election. I am expecting visits this year from the tories.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 8,917 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.