Home Forums News This Weekend! GT Bicycles Malverns Classic MTB Festival

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • This Weekend! GT Bicycles Malverns Classic MTB Festival
  • stwhannah

It’s this weekend! Are you coming? Whether you were there in the early days and want to relive the glory of your youth, or you have your own kids now …

By stwhannah

Get the full story here:

This Weekend! GT Bicycles Malverns Classic MTB Festival

jeffl

Went last year, marshalled so got my ticket for free. Was a great event and the weather lush. Can’t make it this year ?

kayak23

We were having a walk through Eastnor deer park on Saturday and saw them setting it all up.

They were working on some huge dirt jumps with a big scaffold roll in and the grassy track on the hill above the site, below the obelisk looks like a lot of fun!

yoshimi

We’re going as a family for the first time.

Only concern is what to do with the bikes – naively thought they had 24hr secure bike storage but only looks to be 8am-10pm in the main area.

Says to lock your bike in your vehicle overnight and not to your rack but they won’t fit.  I’ve got a decent enough lock and chain (But obv aware of their limitations).  Any advice from Malverns regulars?

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

@yoshimi, I have similar concerns. Never been before, though been aware from the start, and my lad wanted to go we are going as a family. I can’t fit bikes inside my vehicle so they will be on the towball rack. Have locks etc.

What is the crime rate like at this event? I’d rather not take my bike than risk some toe rag having it away in the night. Is it just a disclaimer type notice or is there history of bike theft?

stwhannah

I don’t know about any history of bike thefts at the Malverns specifically, but I’ve certainly been at events where bikes have been taken in the night from camping fields. I’d have thought that multiple decent locks (not cable types that can be silently snipped through) and a strategic tent/car/bike arrangement would be reasonably safe though?

yoshimi

@stwhannah – thanks for that, I thought thats what we’d end up doing, nice to hear simialr from someones that been

kayak23

Cheap Amazon motorcycle alarm disc lock that’s set off by movement. Put somewhere on the pile of bikes.

About 25 quid. Loud.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

My mate Tom usually goes – he’s a big retro GT collector. Spent the last couple of years buying up all the decent pre-loved GT’s in a variety of colours and builds – lots of Zaskars, a few Xizang / Lightning’s too (check out his insta gt_retro_tom). Has a few links to some of the old GT crew – Austin Steele who played a big part in some of the colourways, Hans (obvs) and a few other GT collectors across the world. He’s got quite a collection, not jealous in any way but wow. Between him and Daimon (GT Vault) they have some absolute weapons of bikes. Kinda makes me sad though seeing all the bikes in a big garage not getting ridden, I’d love to get a Xizang built up! (To replace my LE / full XTR that got nicked – so not over that!!!)

If you sign up to follow either, tell them Mark_S  sent ya!

jimmy

a great weekend out to round out the summer.

Summer’s been…?

That sounds great, I’d love to go one year.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.