• This topic has 1,231 replies, 200 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by brant.
Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,232 total)
  • The new Aluminium Scandal 29er from on one / planet x
  • mattbee

W4f3rth1n, I think.

akira

Cheers Matt, can’t seem to find that code online………🙄

bish

Finally got it built up.

First ride will have to wait until tomorrow.

damascus
    Free Member

@bigjim

absolute lol look at all the damaged headtube ones. I wonder if they are returns that were send in a wheel box and arrived with a dented head tube like mine, just being flogged again for a few quid less.

You should have complained at the time and asked for £25 knocking off for the dent their poor packaging caused.

Is your headset fitted now and working?

wzzzz
    Free Member

Looks like we might be in luck with the damaged scandal frames

Looks like damage done chipping the rubbish paint when putting the headset in, not shipping damage

Also looks like headset is attached and coming with it….

akira

Mine was later on, where did you find video? Ah Facebook logo…..

blokeuptheroad

Cheers. The one I bought (orange, medium, paint damage on head tube) doesn’t appear in that video. If the damage is like the one in the video then I’m not too worried. I would have preferred a pristine one for £150 and I’ll be a bit miffed if they start doing them again but all in all I’m happy. Fingers crossed all is OK when it turns up. Standby for numpty build questions, not done this before! 😯

wzzzz
    Free Member

What number was yours? All the vids are on their Facebook

It’s going to chip during assembly, and the first ride, I’m just fine with another 25 off

They WILL do them at 150 again, but it could be any random time. Probably be 200 and 350 before then.

blokeuptheroad

No 72, found the vid thanks. Damage looks OK and looks like it comes with a headset 👍

damascus
    Free Member

No warranty and no returns?

Did they put their prices upto £600 just to make these look a bargain?

I get why they are cheaper and why there’s no return but why no warranty? That’s really poor!

I’ve got a bolt up rear axle for sale if anyone needs one

bigjim

Is your headset fitted now and working?

yeah I hammered out the dent and pressed in the headset cup with a 52mm solid drift to bend the head tube not the cup. so now I just have the paint damage at the edge like you see in those…

i should email them about a new mech hanger which was sticking out the box at the opposite end

akira

Hmmm blokeuptheroad I also ordered number 72, showing as picking on the website……hmmmmmm

blokeuptheroad

Hmmm blokeuptheroad I also ordered number 72, showing as picking on the website……hmmmmmm

Hmmm indeed! Wonder what’s going on there? They’ve taken my money and sent me an order confirmation email.

Edit: Also bought the Reba forks from Alltricks off the back of what I thought was a successful Scandal purchase, I’ll be well pissed off if I haven’t got a frame!

akira

Yeah not bought anything else yet but they sent me email etc as well. Guess we’ll see what happens.

wzzzz
    Free Member

It didn’t say anything about warranty or returns on the page I bought from before the video was shown.

I gambled on number 54 top tube chips so no headset for me 😥 ah well not paying £40 for theirs when they can be had for a tenner elsewhere.

Anyone else buy 54?!

blokeuptheroad

It didn’t say anything about warranty or returns on the page I bought from before the video was shown.

True. It wasn’t until I’d seen the video, after I bought the frame that I heard that. If it didn’t state it on the sales webpage, not sure that verbal claim is valid? Got to be some kind of sale of goods act protection at the very least?

wzzzz
    Free Member

I’m not worried about it. I paid with PayPal who always side with buyers.

Anyway unless it’s not as described or damaged in the post it will prob sell on here for the price paid if I change my mind.

akira

Another email to say my order has been fulfilled, still not sure whether my Schrödinger’s Scandal will appear though.

damascus
    Free Member

Take a screen shot of the sales page in case you need a warranty. Also check their T&C to see if it says anything about sale items? Screen shot that too

akira

@Blokeuptheroad I’ve had a dispatch email, might be worth checking your account or contacting them unless you’ve had one as well.

blokeuptheroad

@akira thanks for letting me know. No despatch email here, I’ll call them in the morning. Selling the same frame to two separate customers is some pretty bizarre cock up. Gutted, I may have a unused set of Rockshox Reba 130mm forks for anyone doing a Scandal build. 🙁

akira

Hopefully they sort you out with something, trying to find some Yari or Revs in boost 130 currently.

wzzzz
    Free Member

Got my £125 scandal, gear hanger poking out of box, standard planet x. Looks straight though.

Paid Saturday PM received Monday PM, must be the fastest planet x fulfillment ever.

Frame has more minor damage than 2 chips mentioned. Has had a headset fitted and removed.

Included the rear axle.

blokeuptheroad

Tried to phone them about mine first thing this morning. No phone number, just a web enquiry form. Sent that off with the info from Akira that we both appeared to have bought and paid for the same frame. No answer except a message saying it is taking them much longer than normal to get around to answering queries. This is turning out to be a less than joyous experience.

wzzzz
    Free Member

Well tbh I bought mine on a whim. FOMO a bargain as it were. So if there’s no frame for you I could possibly be persuaded out of mine if I’ve not had the motivation to build it in the next week or two.

Weighed it, size large bare frame without axle but with gear hanger comes in at 1.93kg!

That’s lighter than expected!

damascus
    Free Member

Px have pretty good products but customer service isn’t one of them. But that’s why they are cheap.

I just can’t understand why they are still sending frames out in boxes that aren’t fit for purpose! How many mech hangers and headtubes have to stick out and get damaged before they take some pride in their packaging?

I’m sure I paid £20 postage for mine and the headtube was sticking out.

Do they just not give a shit?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m sure I paid £20 postage for mine and the headtube was sticking out.

Do they just not give a shit?

Presumably it keeps the box under whatever dimension the courier has price break at. They must have sold hundreds of Scandal frames and seems only a handful get damaged (based on the idea that the 99.9% who got a pristine frame haven’t complained). I suppose you could also argue that unless you built masses of padding into the box then a bot of cardboard isn’t going to make much difference anyway.

blokeuptheroad

@wzzzz that is really good of you thanks. Mine was a medium, not sure how I would get on with a large, I’m 5’9½”. May take you up on it though depending on their response if and when they reply, thanks! 🙂

plus-one

My scandal frame came in a really solid box well packaged. Maybe it’s pot luck !

I worked as a courier for 12 years and picked up from many of the larger courier companies and boy did I see boxes launched around or what !!!

akira

If it helps with dealing with planet X my frame is sitting in my lounge, just in case they try and waffle and say it’ll be with you but they’re very busy.

Rod

If buying a new chainset (SLX), does anyone know the best version to get – m7100 (52mm chainline, boost or non-boost) or m7120 (55mm, boost only). I can see the SLX full bike uses the m7120 crank but the GX full bike has a 52mm chainline…

Or does it make no difference? (Not done the boost thing before!) Wheels will be boost hubs.

I can see the chainline for the m7000 boost is 153mm, so the m7100 (52mm chainline) should be ok with 32t round chainring… but I’m just wondering why PX spec the 55mm chainline m7120. Is that just what they had or would it be better?

Just to answer my earlier question on page 19 (in case it helps anyone else) – an SLX M7100 crank won’t fit (not even close – would need 2 spacers on driveside to stop crank arm hitting chainstay, but then there isn’t enough spindle poking through to attach the NDS crank arm). So I’ll have to sell the M7100 crank and get hold of an M7120 (which I assume must fit as PX spec then on the SLX bikes).

damascus
    Free Member

@rod, whats the difference in q factor?

My xtr m9000 wouldn’t fit but m9020 fits fine.

I’m guessing m7100 has a shorter q factor than m7120

Rod

@damascus – yeah, the M7120 is 178mm Q-factor and 55mm chainline. The M7100 is 172mm Q-factor and 52mm chainline.

bigreg
    Free Member

Hi there. Anyone found a lever version of the rear axle to fit the scandal?

The website says it’s one of these

148 BOOST M12 x 1.75, 12mm thread, 169mm

cravensmythe
    Free Member

Well thats an issue. I bought the M7100 groupset with the m7100 crank.

Seems weird you have to by a 2x crankset for it to fit

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Well thats an issue. I bought the M7100 groupset with the m7100 crank.

Seems weird you have to by a 2x crankset for it to fit

M7120 is still a 1x crank/

damascus
    Free Member

@bigreg, I posted about the rear maxle on about page 14 ish which shows pictures side by side.

I bought a ktm one to replace mine and its been spot on. Its slightly longer than the oo rear maxle but it works fine.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223324807576

KTM 12 x 148 mm Boost Through Axle Thru Axle M12 x 1.75 Thread

bikesandboots

Looks like they’ve run out of 35 forks? Complete builds are currently only being offered with Judy Silver TK which seems inferior on every aspect. 30 vs. 35mm, steel vs. aluminium, Solo Air vs. DebonAir, TurnKey vs. Motion Control.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

@blokeuptheroad, there’s a Medium on Classifieds at the moment if you haven’t sorted a frame.

blokeuptheroad

@hamishthecat thanks for the heads up. Still waiting on the final word from PX but I have another frame lined up ta 👍

Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.