Home Forums Bike Forum Suspension fork on a gravel bike…Anyone done it?

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Suspension fork on a gravel bike…Anyone done it?
  • downhillfast
    Free Member

I’m guessing you’ve tried double wrapping the bar tape for extra comfort ? And gloves with gel pads in them? That combined with bigger tyres at lower pressures really helped me.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Please can people listen to NaeBeer. Seriously. He’s the only person in this thread making sense.

All this guff.

I don’t want a mountain bike, I want a road bike.

With biger tyres

And wide rims

And more relaxed angles

And a more forgiving frame

And lower gears

And wider bars

And disk brakes

And suspension

NO, I DON’T WANT A MOUNTAIN BIKE. WEREN’T YOU LISTENING TO ME. I WANT A ROAD BIKE. LIKE I JUST SAID.

eh🙄

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Horacio Hufnagel Member
    Has anyone ever used an old 26″ fork? Must be a few old 63mm travel SID forks around, should be enough clearance for 700*25 or 650 * 47 etc?

Posted 7 hours ago REPLY | REPORT

Yes with a set of Judy TTs and the cx tyre 700x32c wouldn’t clear.

I’ve a set of Rock Shox Paragon trekking forks that may end up on the Raleigh winter bike/everything bike.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

But but but thegeneralist, drop bars make a bike at least 25% faster!…🙈

Had a chuckle when the grinduro came to Arran, first and second place? That’s right, MTBs!

And a lovely, flowing Clifftop descent that’s a joy to ride was described by riders as ‘carnage’ by many. One of the noodly barred fashionistas  (a brand rep no less) managed to near half his leg in two on it…

They all looked spiffingly hipsterish though! 😊

epicyclo

13thfloor monk

Upon Epicyclo’s  recommendation will attempt to source some of these:

The beauty of those is you can use mtb controls.

If you want to use road levers, eg you have cantis, then these are rather nice.

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/HBNIB130/nitto-b130-classic-english-handelbar

Where most people go wrong with dropbars for general offroad use (ie not racing) is they have them too low.

It’s difficult not to have them low because you need a lot of steerer sticking up to raise an ordinary dropbar high enough for comfort and practicality.

That’s where bars with a short drop come in handy (ie like those bars above).

jonnyrockymountain

Loving my lauf’s

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Now I want Lauffs again.

dmorts

Suspension fork on a gravel bike? You’re having a Lauf mate

Don’t worry folks, my coat is on and I’m on my way out already as my taxi is here

kelron
    Free Member

Turns out most of us want bikes we enjoy riding, that may be different from bikes that different people enjoy riding in different places.

But only if we look fashionable doing it. Flat bars are so last season.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Suspension fork on a gravel bike…Anyone done it?’ is closed to new replies.