Home Forums Bike Forum sonder frontier v2

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • sonder frontier v2
  • subduedsupernova
    Free Member

Looking at changing to a flatbar commuter that can also be used for some light mountain biking when required.

Seems to tick alot of boxes – mudguard mounts, boost thru axle etc

I was thinking it would be good to have MTB based commuter instead of road based as most parts will be swappable between the full suspension bike if needed and cut down on spares

The frame set seems better value than the full builds In my head but I haven’t worked it out properly

Does anyone have one and how do they find it? Can only find reviews of the v1 model

mrwhyte
    Free Member

I have one. Went for the fully rigid for bikepacking. I’ve only ridden it locally on roads and bridleways in my area of Devon. The only thing I’d change really are the stock wheels, they are pretty heavy. It’s a fun bike to ride on the trails and climbs well.

acidchunks

yep, bought one for commuting, local mincing and maybe a spot of bike packing

fully rigid SX, I got upgraded DUB cranks though.

Had it a week but only done one ride because the weather has been shocking. first impressions are its awesome to ride but only had it on flat xc

Killed the WTB rear tyre after one ride (a replacement is in the post) but i’ve swapped out for spesh tyres now anyway.

gearing is nice. not a sram fan but the SX shifts well and the range is decent. brakes are better than expected.

I’m less convinced on the wheels. from what i can tell they down spec’d them recently from their own brand love mud to sonder nova (although I think more spendy builds get better wheels). rims aren’t tubeless compatible and they don’t look to be the most robust. tbh I’m pretty mean to rear wheels having gone through 4 in 5 years. only a halo freedom survived the ordeal so i’m expecting to be replacing within a year.

finishing kit is nice for the price but i’ve swapped out saddle & grips for stuff I prefer. bars are kinda wide for commuting @800mm so i’ll be cutting down or changing for something less likely to remove side mirrors from precious motor vehicles.

looking forward to getting out on it again soon. :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘sonder frontier v2’ is closed to new replies.