Viewing 40 posts - 2,161 through 2,200 (of 3,015 total)
  • soccerball 22/23, the WC hump season
  • trailmonkey

There was absolutely no comparison with Bruno and Mitrovic

I clearly saw Fernandez shove an official.

I’d say that was a direct comparison. The only difference I can see is that one went totally unpunished and one will (rightfully) be dealt with.

gobuchul
    Free Member

There was absolutely no comparison with Bruno and Mitrovic

I agree that Mitrovic was a lot more aggressive than Fernandes,(there is only one Bruno), however, that doesn’t take away from the fact that it should of been a straight red.

binners

Did you not read what I posted?

I agree with you completely that Bruno should have been sent off. It wa s a straight red, no question.

However, he did it because he was deliberately trying to get himself sent off by doing something silly, rather than aggressive.

The ref could obviiously see what he was doing and decided that instead of giving him what he wanted by sending him off, a greater punishment would be to leave him on the pitch to endure his humiliation.

Thats the way I saw it at the time anyway

gobuchul
    Free Member

The ref could obviiously see what he was doing and decided that instead of giving him what he wanted by sending him off, a greater punishment would be to leave him on the pitch to endure his humiliation.

That’s quite a stretch! More like didn’t want Man Utd to go down to 10 and ship double figures!

binners

Like it’d have made any difference?

Whatevs. I’m not going to argue with you. Bruno should have been off for it, without a doubt

But what he did was daft, not aggressive. Mitrovic on Saturday was on a completely different level. He was up in the refs face being really aggressive, then shoved him and then after his red he got even more aggressive, rather than back off. It was a sustained verbal and physical assault and its going to no doubt get him a lengthy ban

gobuchul
    Free Member

I agree with everything you said apart from not sending him off was a punishment.

Caher

I think Mitrovic needs to be locked in a room with Big Dunc for some reeducation and deportment. That was Di Canio level ref pushing.

binners

Fair play to Kane. Playing for Spurs he must love Engerland games where he occasionally gets the chance to play in the oppositions half and maybe even have a shot on goal.

More importantly: did Joe Cole get dressed in the dark? What’s he come as? Eastbourne pensioner chic?

hightensionline

He’s borrowed Alexei Sayle’s suit, going by those cuffs.

theotherjonv

**** hell Harry Maguire is a donkey

Caher

As Grealish fell over for the upteempth time Channel 4 advertised it’s next show Rise and Fall.

binners

**** hell Harry Maguire is a donkey

I may have made similar comments over the last few seasons. He’s a howler just waiting to happen.

He’s presently fifth choice at United who only gets a game when absolutely everyone else is injured. Ten Hag has played Shaw out of position rather than start Maguire

Why on earth is he in the Engerland squad?

The same question could be asked of Pickford. I can think of at least 3 keepers who, on form this season, would be automatic first choice before him

theotherjonv

This is a really ugly game now, all the shithousery from both sides but Italy are not a very likeable side.

Caher

As a neutral I’d say they’re both unlikable.

ransos
    Free Member

They’ve beaten Italy away so everyone should stop moaning.

theotherjonv

As a neutral I’d say they’re both unlikable.

Fair comment, but watching a guy run 50 yards to wave an imaginary card in the ref’s face really boils my piss.

MoreCashThanDash

Had to hang on, not a pretty game, but an impressive result.

What were we saying the other day about harassing referees….?

theotherjonv

For sure, as a fan of course we love it when you win like England in Munich or against Holland in Euro 96. But there’s a lot of satisfaction in a dirty away win with 10 men somewhere where we haven’t won in 60 years.

Caher

watching a guy run 50 yards to wave an imaginary card in the ref’s face really boils my piss.

Yea me too. That itself should be a booking.

theotherjonv

I’d have my hand up signalling stop when he’s 20 yards away, hand in pocket at 10 yards and if he’s still coming at five yards away card out as a greeting.

binners

watching a guy run 50 yards to wave an imaginary card in the ref’s face really boils my piss

Italians be Italianin’

What about Mancini stood on the touch line shouting and waving cards at the ref? ****!

Caher

Was quite funny watching Mancini tutoring Stones.

johndoh
    Free Member

I think the Leeds fans skewed the BBC ratings poll – giving Gnonto MOTM.

trailmonkey

Haters gonna hate.

Great result and performance from England.

binners

According to todays Guardian, after the latest farcical developments at Old Trafford, it looks like this whole ‘sale’ of Man Yoo is a ruse by the Glazers to drive the valuation up so they can refinance it, load more debt on to the club and take even more money out!

Well I never saw that coming, said absolutely nobody 🙄

They really are just ****ing parasites!!!

trailmonkey

Does this mean they’ll all have the Norwich scarves on again next home game?

dander

Lol!!!
    Not a shock really is it? They, and many of the other foreign owners are in it to make money. And the Glazers, if they get anything near what they seem to want, will have done it very well.
    Everton referred regarding FFP – how can you break the lax rules and still be so rubbish?!

binners

Looking at the present Everton squad, then looking at the amount they’ve spent, the only logical conclusion you can reach is that the whole set up is a sophisticated money-laundering operation for the Colombian cartels, that has enabled them to rinse hundreds of millions of pounds in plain sight

Does this mean they’ll all have the Norwich scarves on again next home game?

They never went away, or the ‘Glazers Out’ banners, but if they pull this stunt, as it looks like they’re going to, then there could be Lynch mobs if any of them dare to go near OT

ElShalimo

Everton are a basket case. I met one of their senior accountants during the Koeman period. I’ve never see a bloke in his 30s look so stressed and unhealthy. Poor guy. I often wonder if he survived

Klunk
    Free Member
    Caher

Poch next?

dander

Nagelsman maybe – just been sacked by Bayern.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Nagelsmann.

Thanks Antonio for some great games but ultimately, it’s been a poor fit. The guy has had a really hard year, his outburst I think shows he is very stressed. Unexpected deaths of 2 close friends and a serious illness yourself will be hard on anyone.

binners

binners

MSP

Realistically spurs manager is a very good job, it just isn’t one of the top 8 jobs in the world that virtually guarantee trophy’s. Levy being in charge hasn’t made the job worse in that reality, in fact without looking it up, I suspect they have done pretty well in terms of league position in the past decade or so compared with much of their history.

MoreCashThanDash

Apparently in one weekend Nagelsmann got sacked, split with his other half and got linked with Spurs.

It truly comes in threes…..

Caher

Apparently in one weekend Nagelsmann got sacked, split with his other half and got linked with Spurs.

Poor guy, fancy being linked with spuds.

MoreCashThanDash

Poor guy, fancy being linked with spuds.

If you have to explain the joke….

Caher

If you have to explain the joke….

Yeah, I got the joke the first time but it was worth repeating.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,161 through 2,200 (of 3,015 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.