Viewing 40 posts - 2,921 through 2,960 (of 3,015 total)
  • soccerball 22/23, the WC hump season
  • binners

@woody2000 – sod neutral! Go and watch it in a reds pub! We always do the White Lion on (ironically) Liverpool Street, across from the Air and Space museum

It’ll be great in there today, and nice to sit outside before kick off

You could nip down the road to the Sawyers Arms for the second half in a full on Blues pub

I’m up in Keswick so will be finding a suitable boozer to watch it with my ABU wife.

woody2000

Well, I suppose I’m technically a Red, paid up member so I can get the odd match ticket for my Utd mad mini Red 😁

Can I wear my Bradford city shirt? 😉

Caher

Will be in Manchester this afternoon, can anyone recommend a “neutral” pub to watch the game? Probably a big ask I guess

Manchester Piccadilly?

ElShalimo

As long as United lose I’ll be happy

ABU

MSP

for my Utd mad mini Red

I blame the parents!

Watty

Ah! Anyone But United. Gotcha.
    I’m no lover of the 10 Hags, but **** Citey and their dodgy sports-washing wealth. Up the reds.

binners

@woody2000 I’ve recounted the story before about a man mountain of a gooner who used to stroll into the White Lion in his Arsenal top and plonk himself down in front of the telly in the White Lion for the United Arsenal games (at the height of the rivalry

Never got any grief as it takes some stones to do that!

woody2000

I blame the parents!

He’s made that decision all by himself 😁

midlifecrashes

Faster than Di Matteo?

martinhutch

Is that the quickest ever? GET IN!!!!

gobuchul
    Free Member

5 touches, including the kick off.

Caher

Oh dear. How can that be given?

argee

Not been in the game, but Varchester United are back in the game 😂

gobuchul
    Free Member

The handball law needs looking at.

How is he meant be jumping and turning like that with his arms by his sides?

Caher

Yep look at any activity that needs a jump, you have to throw your arms up to get leverage.
    Laws made by non footballers.

binners

I wasn’t expecting that half-time scoreline after the first minutes. Some finish, that, by Gundogan

I can’t comment on the penalty because the handball rule seems to change by the week, so who knows? It’s literally anyones guess? Why not just toss a coin to see whether it is or not?

Caher

Ah well. Long trudge back to the home counties.

binners

When that first goal went in I thought ‘oh Christ! here we go again…’ so I’m just glad we gave them a game and it wasn’t an embarrassing scoreline

Like most United fans, I had pretty low expectations of us getting anything today

But overall it’s still been a good season though, so I’ll take that over the shambolic mess that was the end of last season

theotherjonv

Yep look at any activity that needs a jump, you have to throw your arms up to get leverage.

A decade of pogoing punks begs to differ

Caher

A decade of pogoing punks begs to differ

When was the last time a pogoing punk high jumper won an Olympic medal?

theotherjonv

You didn’t say to Olympic standard, you said any activity that involves jumping has to use arms for leverage. It would be a shit technique for trying to clear a bar 8 feet off the ground, equally Fosbury flopping onto a phlegm covered floor at the 100 Club would get funny looks

Horses for courses, innit?

Caher

Wind your neck in I was joking. However if you ever played football you’d know right well to steady yourself and gain leverage you use your arms.

theotherjonv

you too fella, I’m taking the piss as well.

If you ever played football……

about 30 years at various levels up to very low level semi-pro, and then when my knee got too **** to kick any more did almost 10 years in the middle too. I know exactly what you mean and I also think I’d have a pretty good idea of what constitutes artificial arms raised vs what is necessary to actually jump properly. I have sympathy as an ex-ref, we don’t write the laws, just apply them, and as soon as people start using “judgement” then there will be complaints about lack of consistency. Can’t win either way. Personally I think the law is rubbish, but that’s what it says and the officials therefore got the decision ‘right’ today.

Caher

Yep I have similar pedigree. Top local sides around Reading, at school trained with the Reading team. First team at University including beating Stoke city one year at our annual friendly. On a Thursday night.
    Then switched to rugby.

theotherjonv

where were you then to be playing Stoke? Keele?

Caher

Yep, Keele. Annual game.

theotherjonv

So you know Nello?

Caher

Yes I do. I commented on this a while back, the film kinda missed out on the fact he made some of the female students a little nervous.. sometimes. Not quite creepy but one notch down. This was the 90s so probably would be more relevant now.
    He remembered me last time I was there about. 10 years ago.

argee

Spurs sign Postecoglu, another reason for me to dislike them, lets hope he gets them playing better and staying on their feet a little more than usual.

binners

This really tickled me…

😂

He’ll have money to spend when Kane goes to Real. I do hope he maintains the Spurs tradition of spaffing the lot on a selection of absolute donkeys

EDIT: the latest is that they’re after Maguire, so that’s an excellent start!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

selection of absolute donkeys

Nah, he won’t sign anybody from Sevco.

dander

Big Ange likes hard running, energetic, attacking football. At least Spurs should have an identity back.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

It’ll be interesting to see which,if any, Celtic players he tries to take with him.

argee

Hopefully none, i know there’s rumours of Kyogo, but he’s not at that level if Kane goes, Jota will always be mentioned and i think he’d do well, Hatate is that willing runner in midfield he likes, but lets hope he goes with another set of players, he’ll know who he’s after.

Caher

Will Kane go to Real though – he’s in sight of Shearer’s record now?

binners

That’s his dilemma innit? He knows he’ll never win owt with Spurs, whoever the manager is.

Like United, the problems run far far deeper than who’s in the dugout, shouting at the players, as Conte helpfully pointed out.

I’m just hoping that with a more no-nonsense manager, every Spurs game might look a bit less like this…

Caher

Well if the picture was truly Spursey, one of them would bellyflop.

binners

Fair play to the Celtic fans. They’ve been very amusing on Twitter

theotherjonv

Fair play to the Irons! European champions!

bigdaddy

Yeah well done West Ham! A shame the fans had to spoil their biggest night though, idiots…

Viewing 40 posts - 2,921 through 2,960 (of 3,015 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.