Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 3,015 total)
  • soccerball 22/23, the WC hump season
  • MSP

So here we are again, it’s come around so quick, maybe too quick, the season opener at the kings power stadium is later today.

City have brought in the worlds most sought after striker Haaland, plus Alvarez and Phillips. While shipping out Sterling, Jesus and Zinchenko. And still don’t have an official first team left back yet. And DeBruyne looks fit and ready which he hasn’t done for the start of the past couple of seasons

Liverpool have brought in Nunez and shipped out Mane, with Diaz joining in jan they still look stronger even without Mane, and the young lad from Fulham looks good but probably still too young to put too much pressure on.

Spurs and the arsenal both looked to have done decent work in the transfer market, Jesus has looked particularly sharp pre season for the gooners.

United probably now have the 3rd best manager in the league (while having less historic success than Conte, I think he probably has a brighter future) while the slow motion train wreck continues with Ronaldo wanting to leave, and high profile targets not wanting to come in, they don’t seam to understand that no means no.

weeksy

Just in time today before men’s Elite DH from snowshoe.

2-1 for Liverpool please

binners

I ‘look forward’ to the season with even more than the usual sense of dread. Nothing has changed. The farcical transfer dealings (same old, same old….) show the club is still a total shambles and my expectations are absolutely zero other than a lot of swearing and blood pressure medication

Its going to be the two teams playing today that are going to be fighting for the title and my money is on Citeh again

dc1988

I’m not sure I’m ready for it all, it just feels far too soon. I’m certainly not looking forward to the WC mid season. I’ve enjoyed England womens far more than I ever have the men.

I agree on City winning again, Liverpool 2nd but Arsenal and Spurs to put up a better fight this season

binners

I’m certainly not looking forward to the WC mid season

I think the Daily Mash perfectly summed up most peoples sentiment about that

Caher

Haaland is some unit. Wonder if he’ll climb into the commentary gantry and have a word with Roy for picking on his Dad.

binners

Got to be worth a punt as highest scorer in the league this season

*fires up betting app*

I’ve just had a look and he’s the favourite at 3/1

MSP

I could see both city and Liverpool scoring over 100 premier league goals this season, perhaps both breaking the previous goals record for a season, what would the odds be on that?

A little touch of class from Ian Rush shaking all the mascots hands.

Caher

Oh I’ve missed this, top class game so far, but would have preferred not to start until late August.

argee

Ah, too early in the season to take anything from that game, except that Liverpool looked sharp, should be these two battling again, with maybe another one coming through from Arsenal/Tottenham/ManU, Chelsea is just an unknown just now.

Think just from what i saw today you can see how important it was for Liverpool to keep Salah, the guy is just world class, Thiago is showing his worth as well, really controls the middle, Liverpool probably have the strongest spine of a team with Allison/Van Dijk/Thiago/Salah, but Man City aren’t far behind, they just have to work out what the final jigsaw looks like with all their players vying for positions.

neilnevill
    Free Member

This will be a strange season and one of two halves. There will be injuries at the world cup and very very tired players after. If ever a strong and deep squad were important is this season. I also think January’s transfer dealings could be very very important. For those reasons, it is harder to predict. That said, citeh win the prem but as usual fall at the quarters or semis in cl. Liverpool 2nd, bit further in cl. Chelsea…3rd and better then let season but not really closing the gap.

I shall likely be proven wrong pretty quick but I must think ten hag could be out of his depth in the prem, and add others have already said the rest of the club looks broken still.

Gooners, Jesus is a good other but I hope they are still very flawed elsewhere.

Obviously I’m pleased spurs have done some good work signing players. It’s not enough to challenge the top 2 I feel but I’d love to take 6 off citeh again. Hopefully we can be pushing Chelsea. Hopefully we can off load the half dozen we need to (rodon and tanganga could be gone, ndombele we can’t give away and interest in winks seems to have dried up) to my it mind we also still need to buy several defenders, I have faith though. I’m going to hope for some August arrivals and a couple of important January signings, maybe snatch 3rd from Chelsea and a cl run. Silverware…hmm… Conte has me believing in him but…. Hmmmt, doubt it

Leicester and wolves to do well. Hopefully not West ham.

argee

I just can’t see ManU being worse than they were last season, Ten Hag won’t need to do that much to get them playing better, the likes of Sancho, Rashford, Van De Beek, Varane, etc all had stinkers of a season, i can see Sancho and Rashford doing well due to World Cup and being a bit more ready after the preseason.

Think Arsenal could fighting for that third/fourth position this year, they’ve missed that forward like Jesus, Zinchenko gives them strength on the left and Vieira more fight in attack, they’ll have Tomiyasu and Tierney back from injury as well, and Saliba back in the mix, it’s that central area that’s their issue, can Xhaka and Partey play like they should do, i’ll not mention Pepe as that must be the worst signing the EPL has ever seen!

binners

I just can’t see ManU being worse than they were last season

To be fair, most pub sides would be hard pushed to be worse than we were last season

neilnevill
    Free Member

Lol!

Tbf, man u have some incredible players, I’d love rashford and Sancho at spurs. They don’t seem to be a team though.

dander

United will be better, for sure. ETH actually coaches and they will at least have a coherent plan and playing style. I’m not sure that’s enough for top four though. Hope Ronaldo sticks around chucking his toys out the pram.

Amazed City sold Sterling to be honest. Yes he misses chances but he changes games – I’d have him over Grealish/Mahrez everyday. Fascinating to see if Haaland can adapt to City’s style as well.

Caher

Meanwhile back at the coalface Reading lost to Blackpool. It’s going to be a long joyless season yet again.

binners

Burnley looked good on Friday night. Looks like Kompany has really got them playing. The 1-0 score line didn’t reflect the match at all.

I was fearing the worst for them, but that managerial appointment is looking pretty shrewd if they carry on playing like that

neilnevill
    Free Member

So we are underway! Can Fulham hold on to this lead!?

argee

So we are underway! Can Fulham hold on to this lead!?

Must be time for the first dodgy decision of the season when a favourite is losing to a minnow.

neilnevill
    Free Member

It’s not anfield though

scratch
    Free Member

C’mon you reds! 🙂

neilnevill
    Free Member

4-1 win and top of the league 🤣. I’m happy. Can we end the season early? 😂

Klunk
    Free Member

LOL the “random” fixture generator throws you a home banker for your first game, only to throw a fit! and blow it! Binners hoping for the half time team talk bounce.

argee

LOL the “random” fixture generator throws you a home banker for your first game, only to throw a fit! and blow it! Binners hoping for the half time team talk bounce.

Gary Nevilles just run downstairs at old trafford to grab Ronaldo’s car keys 😂

Klunk
    Free Member

🙂

martinhutch

Binners hoping for the half time team talk bounce.

I think Binners is well past the ‘hope’ stage by now.

Ten Aaargh must be looking at the team sheet with the growing realisation that he needs replacements in virtually every position. Anyone decent coming through the academy, or has Ed Woodward shut that down now?

Klunk
    Free Member

I think Binners is well past the ‘hope’ stage by now.

I know I just didn’t want to be “calling the win” @ half time 😉

argee

Is there a direct correlation between ManU being behind and the amount of time that Fernandes spends on the ground 😂

binners

I think Binners is well past the ‘hope’ stage by now

About 5-6 years ago.

It’s the hope that kills you

I was being optimistic today and bet on a draw. I went into this season with zero expectations, so losing to Brighton at home was pretty much what I expected to be seeing

We’re a pub side

We were a pub side last season and I saw absolutely no reason whatsoever to think this one was going to start any differently

argee

To be fair Binners, Maguire and Martinez look a good partnership.

binners

Good enough to ship two goals, at home, to a Brighton side that have lost some key players and not replaced them?

Mrs Binners bet on a Brighton win, obviously 🙄

She’s forty quid up, so she’s getting the beers in while she mocks me

martinhutch

If you just waited to see her predicted result and stuck your money on that, you’d be minted in no time.

What’s her call on City/West Ham? 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

what no pogba rant 😉

binners

What’s her call on City/West Ham? 🙂

She said she’s not bothered betting on that, as she only bets on certainties like Man Yoo losing at home to Brighton

martinhutch

Brutal stuff. I’m actually thinking 2-2. Wouldn’t do to not be level pegging with Liverpool for most of the season like normal.

theotherjonv

Meanwhile back at the coalface Reading lost to Blackpool. It’s going to be a long joyless season yet again.

Well done Caher, that prediction saw us good this week 😉

dander

Can’t write Utd and ETH off after one game! Reactionary 6-0-6 nonsense!

He seems more of a coach than the previous managers. Let’s see if he can get his ideas across……although the transfer policy seems as muddled as ever. Four left backs on the books now, two poor right backs, no replacement for McFred……or Ronaldo. Can’t see Bruno and Eriksen working in the same team, especially both playing so far forward. Seem to be hoping de Jong feels sorry for them and signs up. So yeah, ETH has got his work cut out!

binners

Can’t write Utd and ETH off after one game! Reactionary 6-0-6 nonsense

I don’t doubt he’s a great manager but he’s joined a basket case of a club

At the end of the day we’ve still got McFred in midfield, no centre forward, a massive selection of shit defenders and Bruno has seemingly become the new Deli Ali

You can’t polish a turd. The club is a shambles. We needed a complete rebuild, we’ve got nothing like

Europa Conference League

At best

We’ve just lost 2-1 to Brighton at home FFS!

The top sides (and probably everybody) are going to be rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of coming to OT and picking up the easiest 3 points they’ll get all season

Fulham looked ten times better than us this weekend. At least they’ve got someone who knows where the back of the net is

dander

Kinda what I was saying. Let’s see if he can garner an improvement from the current lot to attract some new players. But given how Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea have strengthened I cannot see them making the top four.

binners

Not a chance of top four

This club is seeing the results of 15 years of ownership by parasitic shysters who know nothing about football and are only interested in money

Ten Hag will fail, as everyone before him has, because the people who own and run the club are absolutely clueless about what actually takes place on the pitch, but the real problem is that they’re not even interested. They couldn’t give a ****! They’re just milking it for all they can get out of it

I watched that shite this afternoon, which is no improvement on the dross we were served up last season, with a mate who thinks that if that’s now the acceptable standard at Old Trafford then we’ll be in a relegation scrap at the end of the season. I’d love to argue with home, but didn’t because for a diehard United fan to say that it Just shows how far we’ve fallen under these ****s!

And they are utter ****s!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 3,015 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.