Viewing 40 posts - 1,681 through 1,720 (of 3,015 total)
  • soccerball 22/23, the WC hump season
  • MoreCashThanDash

A solid 7.8 on the Yeboah index

*goes off to search YouTube for Yeboah*

binners

Surely you mean the Scholes Scale? 😉

argee

Arsenal looking great first half, and tough second half, amazing to think that this is more down to players starting to play like they should, like Partey, Odegaard, Saliba and many others, even the tweaking like sticking White at right back is working, they are certainly looking like they could be in this title race until the end.

binners

Richarlison really is a total bell end. What the hell was he up to at the end with Ramsdale?

That scoreline flattered Spurs in the end. That was all comfortably done and dusted by half time. The second half was game management and Arsenal did it superbly

That definitely looks like a potential title-winning side.

Next week should be interesting. A proper retro-style Arsenal v United ding dong. It’s been a while 😃

dazh

Great day for the toon 😀

argee

Yeah, Richarlison was acting a bit OTT, the push on Gabriel, then Gabriel got a yellow for something resulting from that, then the shove in the face to Ramsdale just caused that crap at the end, with that fan smacking Ramsdale, didn’t look much, but you have to think it was a what if moment again, luckily Arteta calmed it down, yep, weird saying that!

Caher

So, if Sir Jim Ratliffe buys ManU will he campaign to get them out of Europe?

dander

And why would he as a self professed boyhood United fan try and buy Chelsea last year?

theotherjonv

absolute screamer at the Wolves – Liverpool game.

Caher

Looks like Leeds have found their new Tony Yaboah with Gnonto. Similar movement.

binners

Keep this up second half and we’re up to second. Palace are giving us a game though, as expected

Zaha spends even less time on his feet than Harry Kane

argee

United got a nose bleed there being above Man City for the first time in about 15 years for about 30 minutes, thank god McFred were on the field to stop that 😂

binners

Tough game that. That was some strike for the equaliser

Biggest downer of the night is Casemiro’s card meaning he misses Sundays game against Arsenal. We’re going to miss him. We might have to resort to … *shudders*… McFred. Or one of them at least

I’d take a point on Sunday, but I’m not optimistic

dander

Didn’t see the game – what was Antony like? For the money I’d be expecting a lot more from him, in the games I’ve seen him play. Early days I guess.

johndoh
    Free Member

Looks like Leeds have found their new Tony Yaboah with Gnonto. Similar movement.

agreed – he he soooo similar in his movement, body shape etc. if he carries on like this he’ll have been an absolute steal.

binners

Didn’t see the game – what was Antony like?

He does seem to be a bit of a one-trick pony at the moment. With the cutting in and getting the ball on his left foot to try and bend it into the top corner, but having said that, his pace when he puts the afterburners on is crazy. He is seriously quick! It’s just his final ball needs to be better and resist the urge to cut in all the time

spacemonkey

Didn’t see the game – what was Antony like? For the money I’d be expecting a lot more from him, in the games I’ve seen him play. Early days I guess.

His usual one-footed, scarper down the wing, drag it back, step inside, pass it back self.

He’s had some good moments since arriving, but he’s nothing like the player he was in that farmers league. Give him time and he may adapt.

Garnacho is much livelier and direct.

Don’t get how the pen wasn’t properly reviewed and given. Some BS about not being a clear and obvious error.

spacemonkey

his pace when he puts the afterburners on is crazy. He is seriously quick!

I disagree. He showed a bit of pace tonight when ran down the wing old skool style and tried to get in front of the tracker before the ball went out. But he rarely loses his marker in a foot race because he always slows down to come inside on his left foot. I’ve never known a player more one-footed. Ridiculous.

binners

Particularly as he’s a left footer playing on the right

He likes a bit of a ruck too. Not afraid to get up in defenders faces. I have to say, I do quite like him. Same with Martinez. And Casimero. A bit of steel in the side from players who like to get stuck in has made a hell of a difference

argee

Man City fall apart with two bad goals at the end of the 1st half, looks bad, they are now back at 2-2 within 8 minutes of the break with two goals in two minutes, you never struggle for entertainment from them 😂

theotherjonv

Spurs being Spursey again, should be 3-2 up

argee

Spursy, very Spursy 😂

binners

It couldn’t possibly have been more Spursey

Oh hang on a minute… we once put 5 past them when they were 3 nil up at half time

That was probably peak Spurs 😂

ElShalimo

That Man Utd has long since left the building and will never return under the current ownership. Which is sad for Man U fans but hilarious for everyone else

🙃

dazh
    PrinceJohn

Bit late to the Partey – but that lad does like a longshot…

binners

I did find it quite ironic that booing the team off at half time is probably the loudest noise ever heard in the Emptyad 😂

ElShalimo

Not really, since Kompany left they’ve not got a strong figurehead to lead them. In recent months they do seem to have lapses that can be very costly.

My brother goes to every home game and some of the fans are sadly getting a bit “Unitedy” in that they now expect to win every game all the time in style. The older fans don’t forget the past, the glory days of late 60s and early 70s, the Swales era of great promise ending in abject failure etc. Many were at Wembley when Paul Dickov scores against Gillngham – they’ve come along way since then.

The comments about Spurs being Spursey …. well City have always been like that.  They’re the only team I know of that if they were 4-0 up at 85mins the fans would still be worried about throwing it all away (until recently).  The Real Madrid game showed that although they’re not the team they used to be, they can still emulate their alumni

argee

The comments about Spurs being Spursey …. well City have always been like that. They’re the only team I know of that if they were 4-0 up at 85mins the fans would still be worried about throwing it all away (until recently). The Real Madrid game showed that although they’re not the team they used to be, they can still emulate their alumni

To be fair, Spurs invented it, when they went in a 2-0 up, the wind knocked out City’s sails, you still felt they’d do something to lose it, and they did it proper, they fell apart to go 2-2, then they fluffed a chance to make it 3-2, before City then go up the pitch and get the third, the fourth was just a pure cherry on the top for Conte, he must be close to developing a twitch with that defence and his style of play!

ElShalimo

To be fair, Spurs invented it

If they’ve been doing it for over 50 years then I’ll agree with you

dander

Did you see City’s bench last night? Unbelievable. Fully fit squad. Wouldn’t be surprised to see that second half be the catalyst for a 12-15 game winning run.

Caher

No real spark in this Chelsea Liverpool game. A bit like a pair of has-beens grappling.

binners

#midtableobscurity

Caher

Well a 4-0 mauling on a cold, dry day in Stoke doesn’t set us too well for the expected win at the theatre of dreams. Still I believe it’s all a ruse.

binners

You trying to lull us into a false ense of security?

Actually… it’d be just like us to beat Arsenal tomorrow, then lose to Reading

Former United players always get a good reception when they come back to OT. I’ve only ever seen one exception to this…. Paul Ince.

He got dogs abuse for 90 minutes. But then he did commit the cardinal sin

Caher

Yea, I get that. Would be a little like if Trevor Senior had joined Swindon instead of Watford. But I suppose with Ince the northern rivalry is lost on an east end bloke.

binners

That was a cracking first half. Nobody is messing about. Don’t know if you can keep this pace up for another 45?

I wouldn’t fancy being a defender and having either Rashford or Saka running at you, the form they’re both on.

martinhutch

I wouldn’t fancy being a defender and having either Rashford or Saka running at you

Or shooting from distance, for that matter… 🙂

binners

Indeed. Neither of them are too shabby at that either

We’ve got McFred on now. Always a worry

A cracking match this though

argee

Good game, Arsenal were worthy of the win, but they had to prove they could fight for it, which will worry Man City, they look like they’ve got the ability, fight and a couple of new reinforcements and Jesus coming back.

ManU also showed they’re up for the fight this season and next if they continue, probably just a couple of players away from competing throughout the season.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,681 through 1,720 (of 3,015 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.