Home Forums Bike Forum Sick bikes have had just a new bike delivery…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Sick bikes have had just a new bike delivery…
  • DrP

Eek..

I guess if anyone local (Worthing) knows anything, it might help them…

DrP

martinhutch

Hope the biker is OK.

scuttler

He’s prioritising leads so living the law enforcement fantasy now.

matt_outandabout

Well that really was a “drop” of a bike.

trail_rat
    Free Member

well if 2020 had any upsides at all……

davosaurusrex

“It’s already been a tough year.”

Bless.

v7fmp

I Live in Worthing (well just outside), unfortunately I have no info, but I wish I did. Just so I wouldn’t share it with them.

Wouldn’t it have been amazing if the cause of the smashed window was in fact someone returning a sick frame. express delivery!

Sui
    Free Member

7fmp
    Free Member
    I Live in Worthing (well just outside), unfortunately I have no info, but I wish I did. Just so I wouldn’t share it with them.

that made me LOL more than it should have. agree though, no sympathy for them.

chakaping

Ah come on guys, ’tis the season of goodwill.

I actually do have footage of the incident and I think it’s only right to share it with them…

chakaping

someone returning a sick frame

Sadly, they’d have to have delivered a few more for this to be at all likely.

hooli

I’d happily take a deposit for a replacement window from them, I have no intention of supplying one but I think they would be ok with that business model. I may also produce a t-shirt range…

DrP

I actually do have footage of the incident and I think it’s only right to share it with them…

Lol!

DrP

dannyh
    Free Member

I’d happily take a deposit for a replacement window from them, I have no intention of supplying one but I think they would be ok with that business model. I may also produce a t-shirt range…

I imagine someone will suggest something similar to them in 5..4..3..2….

andybrad

oh dear.

i hope its a hells angel or similar that theyve upset.

easily
    Free Member

I miss the Sick bikes thread. I liked that it used to disappear for a couple of weeks, then bob up to the surface again.

Maybe this thread can help keep us informed of their work.

rascal
    Free Member

I didn’t really follow the Sick thread. Please enlighten me.
    Guessing they were arseholes that took money but didn’t deliver? (in a nutshell)

matt_outandabout

Guessing they were arseholes that took money but didn’t deliver?

You could have saved hundreds of pages of sh*te being posted.

(They also argued back, put themselves in the press and promised much, delivered so little)

DrP

The thread is on here somewhere.. It’s a real roller coaster..

Cool new bike brand…. funky bikes… some followers order… more funky bikes on insta….no bikes in real life… shite bikes in real life…more bikes on insta…anger… returned anger…. insult the customers…sell a t-shirt….. more anger… radio silence…. more bikes on insta… etc etc

DrP

trail_rat
    Free Member

Guessing they were arseholes that took money but didn’t deliver? (in a nutshell)

then denied any wrong doing , blamed everyone else and ran off into the sunset

thols2

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/unhappy-sick-bicycles-customers-beware/

I have that and the Rich Energy thread tangled together in my mind, keep forgetting there were two bunches of ****s pulling similar scams.

Bizarre logo coincidence? Rich Energy and Whyte Bikes

Blackflag
    Free Member

The chap on the motorbike was called Dave. He just popped in to say hello.

sharkattack

Clueless muppets start bike brand and fail spectacularly leaving lots of people out of pocket including manufacturers.

The whole thing was made much worse by their attitudes. They got a shocking amount of publicity for a couple of poseurs who had never produced anything. Quotes like “If you insult us on the internet we will fight you” etc, etc. The media lapped it up and fed their considerable ego.

Then there was the periodic press releases where they had an opportunity to clear the air but passed the buck and blamed the ‘haters’. The even came on here to tell everyone not to buy their bikes.

Absolute self-pitying cry babies. The whole thing was a circus from start to finish.

What have I missed out?

funkrodent

Thinking about it, and if I recollect correctly, the timing of the whole Sick! thing really starting to kick off correlates somewhat with the pandemic kicking in. Coincidence? I’m not so sure..

I mean I can’t lay the blame entirely at their door, but equally, like the GOP I can’t rule it out either.

Surely they should be dropping some Make Sick! Great Again hats in time for Xmas?

Unfortunately unable to help re the window. But if whoever did it is reading this then maybe give it 6 weeks before helping them have a smashing start to 2021

dannyh
    Free Member

What have I missed out?

They also tasked a few people who definitely weren’t their mates to come on here and troll to get people banned.

Ultimately they are just a bunch of bullshitting conmen who promote ‘style’ over substance to people who are taken in enough to part with some cash. Then get all snowflakey if someone dares call them out. Despite trying to look all ‘ard at the same time.

Rubber_Buccaneer

The media lapped it up

I lapped it up too, it was like a soap opera and I couldn’t stop watching.  Laugh? I bought one 😀

matt_outandabout

The chap on the motorbike was called Dave. He just popped in to say hello.

I lol’d.

Tom-B
    Free Member

You have to hand it to those guys…..they’ve already had enough cash donated to them to more than cover the costs of the repair!

I forget what the link between the tattoo shop and SICK bikes was? Was it one of the tattoo guys involved in SICK and SICK was registered at the same premises as the tattoo shop?

matt_outandabout

What have I missed out?

That when they flounced, they immediately set about ripping more folk off through more ‘businesses’ and seem to attract the same sycophantic following on Insta ongoing.

DrP

I forget what the link between the tattoo shop and SICK bikes was? Was it one of the tattoo guys involved in SICK and SICK was registered at the same premises as the tattoo shop?

Tattoo shop owners = SICK! bikes = Jordan and wassisface = Tattoo shop

DrP

Rubber_Buccaneer

Wassisface is (was?) just a friend/hangeron/back up not linked to the shop other than as a customer

5lab
    Free Member

What have I missed out?

on-one bought the frames that eventually came into the uk and flogged them under their own brand? they were decently cheap for a while, too

Rubber_Buccaneer

on-one bought the frames

Oh yes, the three pigs sub plot.  I quite miss the whole debacle

I’m not even kidding, it left a hole in my life so big I’ve even watched every episode of the Pinkbike Academy

renton
    Free Member

Trolling them a little bit 😂

tthew

What have I missed out?

Vegan Cheese.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Haha!

dannyh
    Free Member

I’m not even kidding, it left a hole in my life so big I’ve even watched every episode of the Pinkbike Academy

Ha!

Totally agree about Pinkbike Academy.

“The online mtb reality show that is so bad, it is a bit good”.

kimbers

The sick bike lot are muppets and they ripped off a lot of people, but they do have young kids so Im sure this must have been pretty crap for them!

Rubber_Buccaneer

^ It was the shop front rather than house and sounds accidental not malicious so a bummer for sure but not a family tragedy

mashr

Did anyone mention the incredible Pinkbike fluff piece yet?

I lapped it up too, it was like a soap opera and I couldn’t stop watching. Laugh? I bought one 😀

Was yours the one that had chainstays 10cm longer than they were meant to be?

v7fmp

Now one of them is involved with ‘mash gang’, making alcohol free craft beer.

And moved/moving to north wales. I suspect to make friends with the Athertons and give them bike manufacturing advice.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Sick bikes have had just a new bike delivery…’ is closed to new replies.