Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,842 total)
  • Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
  • qtip

Well that didn’t take long!

As much as Sick Bicycles seem like a bunch of chancers who I wouldn’t give a single penny, I don’t see the point of just linking to a thread post from a different forum, especially when there’s just been a long thread about them on here that was closed.

Would you link to other threads on other forums without any form of comment?

longmover
    Free Member

Are you one of the #haterz?

jamesoz

Should probably have PSA in the title.

qtip

Your only contribution to this forum too OP! Did you sign up just for this?

njee20
    Free Member

Yes, I presume he did. He’s trying to warn people on bike forums that Sick are dodgy as hell, the context is in his link.

That there’s been a long running thread on here that is now locked isn’t really relevant. I’ve no issue with what he’s doing, seems quite reasonable to me.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Would you link to other threads on other forums without any form of comment?

Judging from their posting history the op may never have used a forum before, or more likely isn’t willing to post this from their normal user account because they’re aware its out of order.

Yes, I presume he did. He’s trying to warn people on bike forums that Sick are dodgy as hell, the context is in his link.

Warning people is one thing, spamming out links with no context to propagate a limited number of horror stories (if only limited by virtue of the fact they’ve not actually sold supplied many bikes) in order to make them seem more prevalent and hiding behind a new login to do so isn’t warning people it’s cowardly and a vendetta.

martinhutch

Did you sign up just for this?

I expect so. Can’t be too critical of him though. If I’d been forced to go through small claims to get 2K back for a non-existent frame while this bunch are still swanning around presumably taking yet more pre-order cash, then I’d consider it a public service to spread the word as widely as possible.

Mods should just sticky the latest warning thread and be done with it.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

#haterz

mickmcd
    Free Member

Don’t reckon this one will get 15 pages

But crap really as predictions for flounce or ban are low

Didn’t Evil once have a shitload of every single frame broke once upon a time but came out of it OK

qtip

That there’s been a long running thread on here that is now locked isn’t really relevant. I’ve no issue with what he’s doing, seems quite reasonable to me.

So either (s)he’s new to the forum and couldn’t be bothered to check if there was a similar post, or (s)he’s well aware that there has just been a long Sick-bashing thread. Either way, this adds nothing to the forum, especially as they didn’t add any personal opinion or comment.

scotroutes

or he’s well aware that there has just been a long Sick-bashing thread.

Which has now been closed.

Either way, this adds nothing to the forum

Well, it adds a new, not-closed thread for folk to update and read.

njee20
    Free Member

Yes, exactly. Struggling to see why anyone thinks this is a problem. You’re free to ignore it, but it may mean someone who didn’t see the massive thread is now aware that Sick are a bit rubbish.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Fairplay to the OP, he’s been ripped off and is spreading the word.

DezB
    Free Member

So that’s where hora got to!

scuttler

On the positive side, there’s a bloke on there that looks like Freddy Mercury who goes by the name Horacek. Now I’m sure I’ve seen that name somewhere before…

Blackflag
    Free Member

I think this is a valid post.

He may not want to pass comment on here as people have a tendency to pull apart anything that is said.

bedmaker

Seems like a perfectly reasonable PSA to me.
    It’s well worth keeping folk aware who they may be dealing with if they stumble across Sick and decide to sign up to non-thing.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Which has now been closed.

Odd, really. Bad words can be, and usually are, edited out of a thread without the need to shut down the conversation.

Anyway, anyone got any popcorn?

qtip

Okay, I’m clearly in a minority then.

I’m off to find some threads on other forums relating to closed topics on this forum, so that I can restart the same argument without having to add anything original myself.

tomhoward

Didn’t Evil once have a shitload of every single frame broke once upon a time but came out of it OK

At least customers got them to be able to break them.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’m off to find some threads

Can I interest you in a T-shirt?

qtip

Can I interest you in a T-shirt?

Only if it’s Gnarpoon related

julians
    Free Member

this thread should be a PSA and be stickied at the top of the page IMO.

duckman

qtip

Okay, I’m clearly in a minority then.

I’m off to find some threads on other forums relating to closed topics on this forum, so that I can restart the same argument without having to add anything original myself.

Flounce airlines, you are cleared for take off.

qtip

It doesn’t take much for the flounce card to be played these days does it!

mickmcd
    Free Member

Flounce airlines, you are cleared for take off.

didnt think it would happen first page wasnt really a proper pro flounce was it

qtip

More of a faux flounce I felt. A flouncette if you will.

AlexSimon

Ooh – at least this gives me a thread to post Gnarpoon t-shirt designs in.
    On second thoughts, I’ll start a new thread. Look out for it in a few mins.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Look out for it in a few mins.

Days passed. Weeks turned to months, months turned to seasons and the years rolled past. Still, nothing came.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Days passed. Weeks turned to months, months turned to seasons and the years rolled past. Still, nothing came.

You wait.

Time passes.

Perchy sits down and starts singing about gold.

AlexSimon

You wait.

Time passes.

Perchy sits down and starts singing about gold.

This had my laughing. God the hours I lost to that game. I even tried it again on the web version and got stuck in the same bit!

Anyway – tee designs are up now – so there. But you old geezers are not worthy of them, so **** off.

duckman

qtip
    It doesn’t take much for the flounce card to be played these days does it!
    Posted 42 minutes ago

About 18 posts in your case. I thought you might have stuck it out longer; maybe seen if you got some support. you just gave up too easily. You have to remember the forum isn’t what it used to be, threads like this would have been 9 pages by now.

singletrackmag
    Free Member

The original Sick Bikes thread was closed by the mods as it had descended into an exchange of insults. It’s not been deleted and is there in the archive.

If you think it should be reopened then we can consider that on the grounds that it’s not going to descend into further witchhuntery insults and general nastiness.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

They were only hunting witches though.
    And that should be a good thing.

qtip

About 18 posts in your case. I thought you might have stuck it out longer; maybe seen if you got some support. you just gave up too easily. You have to remember the forum isn’t what it used to be, threads like this would have been 9 pages by now.

Oh, I’m sorry. Did you want me to keep repeating my point of view endlessly for a few pages and then throw a full blown hissy fit and leave the forum altogether? I thought it better to admit that it doesn’t seem to bother anyone else and, given that I’m not really all that bothered about it, leave it at that (apart from a parting ‘joke’ to further illustrate why criticised the OP in the first place).

If you’d rather, I could aggressively defend my point of view ad nauseam. Perhaps I could even get a temporary ban, stir up a bunch of accusations of cyber bullying from all parties involved, and start a debate about the standards of forum moderation in the process.

tomhoward

If you think it should be reopened then we can consider that on the grounds that it’s not going to descend into further witchhuntery insults and general nastiness.

the thread was originally about someones experience with them. The ‘witchhuntery’ (googling into the owners background) started because no one buying a frame/bike seemed to have had a good experience. If sick want to come and fight their corner/address any inaccuracies, or someone with a positive experience wants to add to it, they should be able to. Though the fact they did have one of their customer service guys posting early on, didn’t seem to do them any favours/allay any fears.

nicko74

further witchhuntery insults and general nastiness.

She’s a witch! Burn her!

colp

If you’d rather, I could aggressively defend my point of view ad nauseam.

Well, it is a thread about Sick.

tomhoward

They’re sort of addressing the lack of trust in the brand on Insta by blaming suppliers, that they are a small growing company, for every unhappy customer there are heaps (their words) of happy ones, STW has always had it in for us/been giving us a month for the last 2 years, ‘Just growing pains’ etc.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,842 total)

The topic ‘Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!’ is closed to new replies.