Home Forums Bike Forum Sick as a dog so, show me you Bivi / Bikepacking / Adventure racing gear…..

• This topic has 2,850 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by NZCol.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,001 through 2,040 (of 2,851 total)
  • Sick as a dog so, show me you Bivi / Bikepacking / Adventure racing gear…..
  • flatfish
    Free Member

Congratulations to Mattie_H for 2000th post. :D

Mattie_H
    Free Member

Missed that completely in my POE mat induced rage Flatfish! Do I get a prize?!

flatfish
    Free Member

Ask Chipps.

Mattie_H
    Free Member

I do need a new sleeping mat…

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Do I get a prize?!

Another bloody hip flask?!?

ontor
    Free Member

i’m well up for that Slugwash!

Tiger6791

Congratulations to Mattie_H for 2000th post.

Gutted! How did I miss that?

On the bright side at least Ian didn’t get it.

instanthit
    Free Member

Slugwash seems like a good idea for the moors, hopefully I’m in.

Shinythings
    Free Member

Was hatching ideas with Slugwash today over coffee regarding a Devon bivvy sortie, we reckon we can come up with a cracker :D

ontor
    Free Member

been exchanging emails too shinythings – let me know what i can do to help.

Shinythings
    Free Member

Superb weather this weekend, to good to waste :-)

Slugwash kindly filtering some water for me with the noisy heronry just visible up in the trees behind

Sneaked up on him and what did I see!!

6am this morning

slugwash
    Free Member

Yeah, that cooking a large gammon steak in a mini Trangia frying pan in the dark’s a faff ^^^^^^

Listen up though folks! These Veetee Indian meals are great camping nosh, 99p each. Just stick ’em in boiling/hot water for a few minutes and then fish ’em out and tuck in :-)

There’s some big trout in that resevoir though. I’ll be taking my fishing rod and a disposible BBQ next time :-)

bloodynora
    Free Member

Yay this is still going!

Great place to bivi by the looks of it and good nosh too :-)

Tiger6791

Very jealous, looks like a great trip

bloodynora
    Free Member

Where did you get the Veetee ready meals from?

o96192083
    Free Member

what a great bump! love this thread!

where do you get the meals from?

BTW I spotted the other day (and bought – yet to try) some Heinz meals, pasta in a pepperoni and tomato sauce, just pour into pan and leave to bubble (imagine this could be heated in the bag as well, as nothing to be undercooked), were about £1.50;

http://www.heinz.co.uk/ourfood/pasta/pasta-pouches/spicy-tomato–pepperoni-sauce-with-fusilli

slugwash
    Free Member

Where did you get the Veetee ready meals from?

I got them from a small independent supermarket (The Happy Apple in Totnes). I haven’t seen them anywhere else and don’t know if any of the big supermarkets do them. They’re made by an Indian foods distributer so small Indian shops might stock them.

HTH.

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

WOOHOO welcome back thread how I’ve missed you! Funny how a bit of sun at the weekend and its back. Bring on the warm nights :D

AlexSimon

Great photos – looks like the perfect morning to wake up to!

pedalhead
    Free Member

Best thread ever! Here’s a brief write-up of our trip from the weekend…

Berwyns bivi trip[/url]

julioflo
    Free Member

Slugwash – Venford? Love it.
    I’m just off to Happy Apple to stock up on those meals!
    Will be doing 1st bivvy outing in a few weeks, very excited.

slugwash
    Free Member

Hi julioflo,

we’re probably doing another one in your neck o’ the woods in a fortnight if you fancy coming along :-)

BTW, you weren’t one of the MTBers I passed on the ride back down into Buckfastleigh on Sunday morning were you?

Mattie_H
    Free Member

There I am! Probably the only view you had of my back all weekend Mark.

Still think that climb up the Lawnt is do-able fully loaded.

julioflo
    Free Member

Hi Slugwash – Keep me posted, that could be my 1st bike bivvy outing! I live in Buckfastleigh so easy to join a ride up from there.
    Wouldn’t have been me on Sunday, unfortunately I didn’t get out on the bike this weekend.
    BTW, Which route out to and down from Venford did you take?

Shinythings
    Free Member

Julioflo, We basically went up the BW from Mitchelcombe on to Holne moor with the intention of bivvying up in the tin workings, but it was very windy hence the drop down to the lake. Down was via Mill leat to Hockmoor.

Houns

I like using these sauces (plus the pasta you can get in same pouches too)

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/groceries/index.jsp?bmUID=1331658434777

pedalhead
    Free Member

There I am! Probably the only view you had of my back all weekend Mark.

Hi Matt. Roger took that picture :wink:

plodtv
    Free Member

Not sure it ever got mentioned on this thread, but the EWE seems to be taking shape: http://www.aidanharding.com/ewe/

faz083
    Free Member

that looks rather intense!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Bivi ride planned for a 4pm ride off on Friday 30th in and around Clocaenog Forest if anyone’s interested.

3 riders confirmed 6 a possiblity.

http://www.bikeandbivi.co.uk/php/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=371

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Anyone been out this weekend?

jameso

Aye – cracking trip. Cleared overnight, frosty bright morning, sunshine all sunday. Happy )

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Pics Report?

jameso

Sorry.. not many pics. Couple of camera ones if I can get flickr working again.
    I’m partial to a solo bivi trip but normally on foot / scrambling etc, done a few brief ones on the bike but this weekend was my first full-weekend solo – got the bike and kit sorted so was out 9am sat, (chilterns loop -) over to wendover and chinnor via all the good bits i know, then onto stokenchurch for lunch and continued weaving around that area finding new stuff and a couple of fave trails, Turville DH, southend, stonor, onto the oxon way to Bix after a bit of route-faff and then back past Nettleden to a bivi spot. Back via a loop round a new area to me, then to Russell’s water, oxon way, then Stokenchurch for coffee and toward W Wickome (sp) and Bradenham trails, then to Wendover and the towpath to Ashridge.
    Really happy with the set-up, about 15lbs complete not inc water and food, trad bikepack set up on a 7-spd steel Jones. 19-20hrs riding in about 30 out, as comfy at the end as the start (saddle maybe less so, but good considering!).
    The start of goodthings for this summer – 500 miles in Spain in May, maybe the GR5 or similar later this summer.

Chew
    Free Member

Was out today testing out my bike loaded with the new frame bag and seat pack i’ve just got.

Planning a 2 night trip in the Lakes over Easter if anyone is interested?

Rik
    Free Member

Great night around Ladybower with the wife, cycle out from Sheffield. Bivi’d low due to the wind, so no views. The new Ti honey wood stove kept us warm big big smiles plus toasted marshmallows and only 112g.
    Ace.
    Woke to mist, drizzle, cold and wind. Still a fun ride back on before anybody else was out of bed. and planning the next.

Rik
    Free Member

This is ace!
    Ti honey stove

rudedog
    Free Member

75 quid – wowsers!

Rik
    Free Member

Yep tis a bit pricey, luckily I got mine a lot cheaper :D

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Bigface0_0 – Member
    Anyone been out this weekend?

A cloudy but dry Clocaenog Forest bivi ride over Friday/Saturday

Viewing 40 posts - 2,001 through 2,040 (of 2,851 total)

The topic ‘Sick as a dog so, show me you Bivi / Bikepacking / Adventure racing gear…..’ is closed to new replies.