Home Forums Bike Forum Sick as a dog so, show me you Bivi / Bikepacking / Adventure racing gear…..

• This topic has 2,850 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by NZCol.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,401 through 1,440 (of 2,851 total)
  • Sick as a dog so, show me you Bivi / Bikepacking / Adventure racing gear…..
  • flatfish
    Free Member

Thats tragic Pete.
    Posting twice to get the 1400th post. :roll:

valleydaddy
    Free Member

:oops: sorry had to do it :lol:

still ok for Friday??

flatfish
    Free Member

Yeah fridays still on.
    Are we now meeting at Ian’s then doing his gap ride?

valleydaddy
    Free Member

great :D

Yes, I think so I will email Ian and copy you in and we’ll confirm things up :wink:

Tiger6791

May get ground clearance for this…… :D

flatfish
    Free Member

YAY!!!!!

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Don’t worry about me fellas … I’ll just stay here working :wink:

IanB
    Free Member

Tiger – I’ve mailed you the details.

Edit – it was all the flat one’s idea, blame him ;)

flatfish
    Free Member

You ride bikes for a living, and you want us to feel sorry for you??? :wink:

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Matt, I did you email you a week ago about this do you not get it?

Weather is looking great for Friday too :D

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Sorry but the forecast I’ve seen says, rain, freezing temps and storm force winds for the whole of Wales the entire weekend!

slugwash
    Free Member

I gave up on making a frame bag as my bikes all had slightly different sized triangles, or none at all. (plus it was too frickin’ difficult for a ham fisted moron like myself!) So when DoctorRad posted the link to the bargain bike frame bags I snapped one up. Cheers Doc :-)

I didn’t pedal my 456 (WRT bike of choice) in to work today so here it is on my tourer after a lunch hour test ride.

With the larger top-tube of the 456 and the cable routing there might be a slight problem with the velcro tabs matching up but I’ll find out this evening. T’was a bargain anyway, shame they’ve all gone now….

Aerial view of bag stuffed with two of them there bargain Planet X LS cycle jerseys…

slugwash
    Free Member

Two hours later….

Yeah, Baby!

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Get that bloody bike washed man :D

slugwash
    Free Member

Get that bloody bike washed man

That reminds me. I meant to say that I don’t think that the bargain bike-frame bag is even slightly waterproof. Sunny weather & clear starlit skies for the WRT if you will my good man ;-)

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Don’t worry, the expensive ones aren’t waterproof either!

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Don’t worry, the expensive ones aren’t waterproof either!

I am awaiting my order of Alpkit 1l drybags in readyness to waterproof everything as well as possible – overkill maybe but I hate wet stuff so depressing.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Not overkill Pete … wet stuff isn’t too bad for a single night but anymore and it’s a touch depressing. No point making stuff worse than it already is :wink:

valleydaddy
    Free Member

what sort of overall weight is everyone’s kit packed including food for one night?

I’ve got mine to just under 5kg which is a quarter of what it was on the Winter bivvy ride 8O

flatfish
    Free Member

Haven’t weighed mine recently but i reckon I’m a tad lighter, but not by too much. Depends if i’m glamping with wine and cheese, etc.
    5 kilo’s is a respectable weight.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

5 kilo’s is a respectable weight.

SUPERB NEWS :D

and the main weighty culprits are sleeping bag and mat, that includes a superfly stove and gas cannister that I could replace for a meths tin can stove I guess.

I may treat myself to an uber light mat as I have just sold some rims which was a nice surprise :lol:

Tiger6791

Chaps gonna have to jib on the weekend, rather ironically I am sick as a dog!

Got tonsillitis and not up for it at all. The antibiotics would weigh 5kg

Tiger6791

Get that bloody bike washed man

And trim and cap the front mech cable, that’s a disgrace.

Bag works well though.

IanB
    Free Member

what sort of overall weight is everyone’s kit packed including food for one night?

Gear 2285g
    Clothing 1330g (scope to reduce this depending on conditions)
    Food 512g

IanB
    Free Member

Tiger – pity you can’t make it. See you at the WRT I guess?

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Get well soon Tiger time to start another long running thread???? :wink:

glad I am in the right ball park with the kit weight, as uber embarrassed last time :oops:

stevemorg2

Pete – you are welcome to borrow my 3/4 multimat if you want -sub 400gm, worked great on the last trip

valleydaddy
    Free Member

cheers Steve but I think I’ll be ok, are you still heading to N.Wales with the family or can you join us???

stevemorg2

heading off to a cottage on Dartmoor with the family – hopefully biking and beaches! Can’t make this one but I’m sure we can sort something out before the WRT

valleydaddy
    Free Member

That would be good we must sort something soon plus a planning evening when Stuart releases the co-ordinates 8O

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Shifting all that weight from your kit will make a massive difference Pete. Even when I’m riding my ‘it only weighs slightly less than I do’ black On One I can still notice a reduction in kit weight.

With regard to a planning evening with the WRT grid references … you might need more than the one evening 8O

flatfish
    Free Member

Last year i spent at least and hour, nearly every evening for the whole month, trying to make it easier. 8O

IanB
    Free Member

Back in the days when I did Polaris regularly, I’d spend about 5-10 mins planning routes of up to 80 miles for the day. You can spend too long looking at maps sometimes :?

pedalhead
    Free Member

Could I just interrupt to say that I got a Western Mountaineering Flash XR jacket for half price today, and most pleased I am too.

As you were…

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

That is inspired MSP – have a few broken old saddlebags to butcher …

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Inspired by MSP also, I have created a saddle dry bag by using fixings off a Lidl saddle bag.

It is still totally waterproof as I have submerged it in the bath as there was nowt in it :D

I will use a bungie to add to the security and will only be putting my sleeping bag and Etobicoke jacket.

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Valleydad, lets have a cheeky pic of it on ya bike then..

valleydaddy
    Free Member

ok you’ve twisted my arm I’ll bag it up – give me 5 mins :wink:

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Thats the way, cant wait for WRT really looking forward to it. Gutted Alpkit have sold out of the Gourdon 20 really wanted one for Wales.. :?
    IF anyone has or knows of someone who wants to sell there give me a shout cheers….

If all goes to plan next week Im heading off a long the Southdowns way to give all me gear a good testing…. cant wait

Viewing 40 posts - 1,401 through 1,440 (of 2,851 total)

The topic ‘Sick as a dog so, show me you Bivi / Bikepacking / Adventure racing gear…..’ is closed to new replies.