Home Forums Bike Forum Shimano M7100 SLX Cassette – What is the Adhesive Ring?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Shimano M7100 SLX Cassette – What is the Adhesive Ring?
  • tdoyle
    Free Member

Installed a new Shimano SLX M7100 cassette too tightly and managed to warp the adhesive ring found behind the cassette. What does it do and should I replace it rather than running without one? Picture:

ring

sillyoldman

Not shown in exploded diagram – sure it’s not part of the packaging??
    https://si.shimano.com/pdfs/ev/EV-CS-M7100-4598.pdf

rascal
    Free Member

Used on the XT version to sit between the hub body and back of the cassette…not sure with SLX.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Not present on my xt. Ive just gone to have a look. Not present on the cassette packaging either.

rascal
    Free Member

Sticky ring ref 😉

endomick
    Free Member

It’s to stop creaking I think, it was already installed on my XT cassette.

tdoyle
    Free Member

Yes the dealers manual on the shimano website states that it is a serviceable item but no mention of part number or what it’s for. I guess I can ride it and see if it creaks!

tdoyle
    Free Member

Right at the bottom of this from shimano!

https://si.shimano.com/pdfs/dm/DM-MACS001-04-ENG.pdf

bigyan
    Free Member

XTR M9100 cassette has a “low spacer” Y1X401500 that goes behind the cassette. Not tried it on XT/SLX/Deore yet

tdoyle
    Free Member

singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/shimano-m7100-slx-cassette-what-is-the-adhesive-ring/#post-11198319

I wonder if you can just use this on the SLX ? I’m assuming it’s the same width and will clearly fit onto the free hub. I suppose it’s it’s necessary if there is creaking from the cassette.

tdoyle
    Free Member

For the sake of people searching the same topic in future, the XTR equivalent low spacer Y1X401500 will work just fine. Just be sure to remove the already applied adhesive ring if there is one.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Shimano M7100 SLX Cassette – What is the Adhesive Ring?’ is closed to new replies.