Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,696 total)
  • Rugby 2019 – 2020 Season
  • BruceWee

“You are coached to lift your leg up to defend yourself when you collect high balls.

Sam Warburton. It may or may not have been intentional, imo it’s impossible to be sure from the video, but Wales need to stop coaching their players to lift their leg to ‘defend themselves’

anagallis_arvensis

It may or may not have been intentional, imo it’s impossible to be sure from the video

True enough, we can see where he’s looking though and unless your TJ its not at the player who got kicked. You can see clearly for example that the Nabura incident is certainly more intentional as he’s looking right at him.

You are coached to lift your leg up to defend yourself when you collect high balls.

I am pretty sure its the same throughout the world, I doubt the Scots players were coached to take out welsh jumpers in the air with their faces either, but in contact sports shit happens

BruceWee

If that’s the case then they all need to stop doing it.

However, Warburton came out and said it blatantly. Most players would be hesitant to admit that they stick use their foot to fend off another players face. It appears to have been completely normalised in Wales.

I’ve certainly noticed Wales players are far more obviously leading with their foot when going for the high ball over the years.

anagallis_arvensis

What was the point of the 1/2p video?

anagallis_arvensis

Well played ref.I’d have yellowed the ****!!

BruceWee

Look at how he catches. Look at how the others in the video catch. Hell, look at the guy behind him in the video still. They are all sticking their studs out. Other teams don’t do it to the same extent Wales do.

anagallis_arvensis

They are all sticking their studs out. Other teams don’t do it to the same extent Wales do.

No they arent they are lifting their knee to get airborne, how else would they jump, bloody hell have you never seen a player jump!

anagallis_arvensis

No idea who this knobber is but he doesnt sound welsh, forward in a min and half to where he tallks about lifting knee to jump, I dont know maybe he is Gareth Edwards love child!

anagallis_arvensis

This bloke certainly aint welsh and he talks about lifting knee.

anagallis_arvensis

Poundshop Mitchel here talking about dominatingvspace with the knee and using it as protection.

BruceWee

Yes, the key point is,’The knee is always leading’. That’s the way I was taught. Welsh players have had a far stronger tendency to lead with the studs for many years.

anagallis_arvensis

Welsh players have had a far stronger tendency to lead with the studs for many years.

OK

The knee is always leading’. That’s the way I was taught.

So why you so upset when Warburton says to lift the knee?

You keep quoting this

You are coached to lift your leg up to defend yourself when you collect high balls.

But when Smith and Brown say it, its fine…is it because they arent welsh? Or are you still upset that all those Scottish players kept running face first into jumping players?

tjagain

AA – its obvious to the rest of us and something I have been saying for years. Leading with your studs is not acceptable. Everyone else including in the one you mention with the scots player had their knee bent. In this case the knee was locked ie leg straight studs up. Irish full back Kearney was awful for this as well. About time it was penalised

anagallis_arvensis

its obvious to the rest of us Scottish people

ITS THE WELSH THEY CHEAT AND GATLAND DIDNT PICK WEE JIMMEY CRANKY FOR THE LIONS AND HE’S WELSH AND WE HATE HIM

AND ITS THE WELSH.

the idea that its something endemic to wales is like me saying all Scottish fullbacks are late tackling elbow raised mr angries.

BruceWee

Fine AA, you win. It’s actually a big conspiracy and the refs have just got it in for the Welsh. There is 100% no tendency for Welsh players to lead with the studs.

Can you calm down a bit now?

anagallis_arvensis

refs have just got it in for the Welsh

One welsh player sent off doesnt make a conspiracy, you lot jumping up and down and moaning about a conspiracy to train welsh players to kick out are the ones that need tin foil hats!!

BruceWee

I’m not sure if you need a conspiracy for coaches from a particular country to train their players to do something that is dangerous, borderline scumbaggery, but not in itself illegal. I’m not sure if you understand how conspiracy theories work.

I’d tell you to go look some up but you seem to be very keen to ignore evidence so maybe you shouldn’t. Wouldn’t want you coming back telling us the earth is flat and we have to bow to your knowledge because of your lifetime’s experience looking at rugby pitches.

anagallis_arvensis

Bruce, if its not illegal do you think Evans shouldnt have been sent off if yes why have no/few others from Wales been carded for this coached in scumbagery. You are talking round in circles and your obvious bias is quite funny tbh. Do you think its the NZ coaches or welsh ones

BruceWee

It’s not illegal to lead with the studs. It is illegal to put your studs in someone’s face. It’s not difficult.

I am biased. I’m a fan of a sports team. It goes with the territory.

I am, however, aware of it. Unlike some.

anagallis_arvensis

We established the laws of the game ages ago, I’m now amused by your drivel that Welsh players are all coached to cheat after Warburton said exactly the same thing as Mike Brown and Ben Smith. But no its just the welsh who are coached to do something that is ” dangerous, borderline scumbaggery”. I’ll ask again, do you have any examples apart from Evans who despite having this coached in flaw has only received one red card in his very long and undistinguished career . No doubt Lee Byrne who retired about five years ago and never got carded for it as far as I recall he just got taken out in the air by dozy scottish players a few times.

BruceWee

Is the reason you’re getting so hysterical because you know it’s true?

I’m not going to trawl youtube looking for examples because, quite frankly, I have better things to do with my life so I’ll just point you back at the Halfpenny video. Watch it again, count the number of times you see players showing their studs (ie, how many times you see toes pointing above horizontal). Then watch the other videos and count how many times you see players showing their studs. The players in the Halfpenny video do it more often.

Wales players aren’t the only ones who do it and not all Wales players do it but I believe it’s more common with Wales players than other nations. Proving it beyond doubt would require many many hours examining videos so please forgive me if I really don’t want to do it.

If you don’t think it’s true then that’s fine. My life’s mission at the moment is not to prove you wrong.

If you want to go through hundreds of hours of match footage to prove your point then you should feel free. I accept it’s entirely possible I’m wrong but I don’t think so.

anagallis_arvensis

Is the reason you’re getting so hysterical because you know it’s true?

Not sure you know what that means.

So how often does Halfpenny go up studs out or has he just coached it to those kids, you really are priceless,

The players in the Halfpenny video do it more often.

More often than what, the evidence in your head

How many times has Halfpenny been carded for kicking people when jumping, or Biggar or Liam Williams or George North…or maybe, dons your tinfoil hat, it was coached out of them when they moved to England or France……shit maybe you are right….but, shit didnt Byrne play in France, was he only bad before he went to France….

If you want to go through hundreds of hours of match footage to prove your point then you should feel free.

By the way you cant prove a negative, you are the one suggesting the welsh are coached to cheat and maime.

BruceWee

Is there a version of ‘OK, boomer’ you can use for one-eyed Welsh rugby fans cause I think I’m done here.

duckman

You WERE warned😀

loum
    Free Member

Happens every December as the Welsh club rugby season comes to an end.
    Usually starts with a bit of whinging about a ref being harsh. Don’t take the bait and get drawn in.
    Time of the month.

There’s some big games this weekend for teams like Glasgow, stick to the rugby.
    Leinster v Northampton is on free telly c4 too. Ulster Harlequins was a great match last night.
    There is good rugby to talk about to most people.

POOL 1
    Benetton
    12:45
    Lyon
    Leinster
    17:15
    Northampton
    POOL 2
    Glasgow
    17:15
    La Rochelle
    POOL 4
    Saracens
    15:00
    Munster
    POOL 5
    Connacht
    12:45
    Gloucester
    Montpellier
    15:00
    Toulouse

anagallis_arvensis

Happens every December as the Welsh club rugby season comes to an end.

Swansea v Pontypridd RFC

Looks to be the pick of the fixtures this weekend.

anagallis_arvensis

Is there a version of ‘OK, boomer’ you can use for one-eyed Welsh rugby fans cause I think I’m done here.

So other than Scottish players running into Lea Byrne years ago and Dan Evans the other week you cant find any more evidence of the coached in scumbaggery? I think you are right, you are done.

Whats the odds on Biggar kicking Sexton in the face on C4 today!!!

colonelwax
    Free Member

As a supporter of possibly the most hopeless team ever, can I just point this out

Dragons maintained top spot in Challenge Cup Pool One by defeating Worcester 25-16 at Rodney Parade

Not sure who got kicked in the face mind.

anagallis_arvensis

Not sure who got kicked in the face mind.

No welsh trained 15’s left? You need to get 1/2p down there to train a few up. Dragons could have a handy team if they get everyone fit/not banned.

Basham, Griffiths and Moriarty is a handy backrow.

BruceWee

Ok boomer

anagallis_arvensis

Ok boomer

It loses impact when you keep doing it.

lister

Christ, just watched the Doddie Weir One More Try programme. Slightly hungover and it got quite dusty at the end. What a top bloke who has been handed a massive shit sandwich.
    It’s worth a watch.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Looked like a season ending injury for Picamoles earlier. Knee just buckled away under him.

Just plain painful.

anagallis_arvensis

Hope he’s ok, justcsaw that Sexton is broken too, that looked a horrible tackle.

anagallis_arvensis

Is it the tv coverage or is Leinster Northampton being played in a library?

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

It’s not for want of entertainment value, Leinster are like the Harlem Globetrotters today.

anagallis_arvensis

If Lamour still cant get picked at 15 for Ireland it’ll be a travesty

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

Leinster’s big ginger 3rd string stand-off looked very good too. He’s worth keeping an eye on.

mindmap3
    Free Member

There’s been some shit rugby this weekend…

Quinns Ulster last night was pretty dull for the most part and I had the ‘pleasure’ of going to watch Wasps Edinburgh (luckily the tickets were free). What a dull, boring game. Wasps are utter balls at the mo; they have no carriers that worry defences and once the forwards make no yards they shovel it out wide where there is zero space. Add in poor discipline and Edinburgh didn’t really need to do any awful lot to wn.

Sarries Munster didn’t look / sound great other than a big brawl.

Leinster by the sounds of it were pretty irresistible. One hand on the trophy already?

anagallis_arvensis

That little left wing for Bristol is raaaaaapid!

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,696 total)

The topic ‘Rugby 2019 – 2020 Season’ is closed to new replies.