Viewing 40 posts - 1,601 through 1,640 (of 1,696 total)
  • Rugby 2019 – 2020 Season
  • tjagain

Ally Price has 27 caps for scotland – hardly inexperienced He was first capped 4 years ago. He was first choice for a while then his form dipped then he came back to top form to cement his place as number 1

anagallis_arvensis

Whom is first choice 9 for Wales if all are fit? I always think that Gareth Davies looks the best.

Its all a bit up in the air whichever of the three is available. Tomos is the younger improving player, Webb most reliable, Davies is limited in a number of areas but is an attacking threat.

anagallis_arvensis

Not exactly great timing but the defence has been shit!

tjagain

Another question TJ….whom are the 10’s at the Scottish domestic sides?

I forgot Nathan Chamberlain at Edinburgh. He is the backup 10. In his forst pro year having come out of the under 20 setup

anagallis_arvensis

Ireland to play Wales on friday

Ireland: Stockdale; Keenan, Farrell, Henshaw, Lowe; Sexton, Gibson-Park; Healy, Kelleher, Porter; Henderson, Ryan; O’Mahony, van der Flier, Doris.

Replacements: Heffernan, E Byrne, Bealham, Roux, Connors, Murray, Burns, Earls.

I might be busy that evening. 😟😟😟😟

Kryton57

I’m waiting for the England announcement, Eddie rumoured to be trying out the 9 forwards approach.

bigblackshed

I’m waiting for the England announcement, Eddie rumoured to be trying out the 9 forwards approach.

What, like the Italian experiment of playing Bergamasco at 9?

anagallis_arvensis

Sounds awesome!!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Oh god!!! Didn’t he say one of the Curry twins could be a 9? (They can’t, as a Sale fan I’ve seen them both play countless times!)

loum
    Free Member

An Ireland team without CJ or Murray.
    And Stockdale still at 15, Wales might just try a few kicks…
    Kelleher is interesting pick, if he sorts his throwing he could be hooker for next ten years. Was better form last year though.

anagallis_arvensis

Stockdale at 15 is the obvious target, dont think Wales are currently good enough to exploit it

loum
    Free Member

That Ireland team has 11 Leinster starters, and that’s without injured

J Larmour
    G Ringrose
    T Furlong
    D Leavy
    J Conan

And the kids coming through like Penny, Frawley, and Byrne are doing alright too. Away wins at ospreys and Glasgow

Kryton57

Current Rumours are Ben Earl coming in off the bench at Centre and Ollie Thorley deputising at Flanker if for some strange reason the Kamikaze Kids are needed on the wing in attack.

I’m sure its just a distraction with Jones’s Running Back philosophy being de-restrcted from No 8.   I think this strategy is of a pop up from 8 in an attacking scrum/maul with Thorley / Nowell standing at 9 to crash it up.

But who knows.

loum
    Free Member

WALES TEAM TO PLAY IRELAND

1. Rhys Carre (Cardiff Blues (10 Caps)

2. Ryan Elias (Scarlets) (15 Caps)

3. Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs) (49 Caps)

4. Will Rowlands (Wasps) (2 Caps)

5. Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys) (140 Caps) (CAPT)

6. Shane Lewis-Hughes (Cardiff Blues) (1 Cap)

7. Justin Tipuric (Ospreys) (77 Caps)

8. Taulupe Faletau (Bath) (78 Caps)

9. Gareth Davies (Scarlets) (55 Caps)

10. Dan Biggar (Northampton Saints) (85 Caps)

11. Josh Adams (Cardiff Blues) (26 Caps)

12. Owen Watkin (Ospreys) (23 Caps)

13. Jonathan Davies (Scarlets) (83 Caps)

14. Liam Williams (Scarlets) (64 Caps)

15. Leigh Halfpenny (Scarlets) (91 Caps)

REPLACEMENTS:

16. Elliot Dee (Dragons) (29 Caps)

17. Wyn Jones (Scarlets) (26 Caps)

18. Samson Lee (Scarlets) (42 Caps)

19. Jake Ball (Scarlets) (46 Caps)

20. Aaron Wainwright (Dragons) (23 Caps)

21. Lloyd Williams (Cardiff Blues) (28 Caps)

22. Callum Sheedy (Bristol) (*Uncapped)

23. George North (Ospreys) (96 Caps)

loum
    Free Member

Probable Lions next summer
    And that’s without Cory Hill

tjagain

Loum – probable with Gatland coaching but on merit? Hardly any of them 🙂

AWJ is too old and too slow – he shouldn’t even have gone last time. The only probable on merit would be loopy liam and maybe Biggar

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/liam-williams-only-wales-player-19233142

Edit – mind you that article has Youngs at 9 so obviously talking out of his hat 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

he shouldn’t even have gone last time

If you picked your targets a bit better more people might listen

loum
    Free Member

Shall we call Friday night the start of the 2020-2021 LIONS season thread

tjagain

AA – he was carrying an injury and out of form. I’m not denying he is a good player but taking players carrying injuries was a high risk strategy

loum
    Free Member

Just accept it
    Johnny Gray wasn’t good enough

tjagain

Ickle Jonny had lost form by lions time so did not merit selection. anyway he is dead to me now. My mancrush now is Darcy Graham!

tjagain

How effective was AWJ against Scotland? penalty magnet and not the influential player he once was

anagallis_arvensis

AA – he was carrying an injury and out of form. I

Yet still picked up 3 test caps to add to the other 6 in a historic drawn series in NZ,…you can bitch and whine easily about some players not deserving lions test caps but not AWJ, you really are barking up the wrong tree with that one.

Shall we call Friday night the start of the 2020-2021 LIONS season thread

Sounds like a plan

anagallis_arvensis

How effective was AWJ against Scotland? penalty magnet and not the influential player he once was

He was shit, like the rest of the team, but it has nothing to do with you moaning about his Lions caps.

tjagain

Sutherland
    McInally
    Fagerson
    Cummings
    Gray
    Ritchie
    Watson
    Blade

Price
    Weir
    VdM
    Johnson
    Harris
    Graham
    Hogg

Scotland squad

A few ( should be) lions in there 🙂

gauss1777
    Free Member

There seems to be talk of the Ireland v Wales game as being a ‘must-win’ game for Wales, but that seems unreasonable to me. I can rarely remember going to Ireland confident of winning, occasionally slight favourites perhaps. Nor, can I see Wales realistically beating England and they cannot be expected to. So that leaves the game against Georgia, which surely despite their problems they will win. Perhaps playing with cohesion and some signs of a new style will be enough? Should they lose to Georgia all hell will break loose.

Ickle Jonny had lost form by lions time so did not merit selection. anyway he is dead to me now. My mancrush now is Darcy Graham!

Darcy Graham is a good player, but I think there are several ahead of him at the moment – I cannot see him getting selected for the Lions.

tjagain

If he continues his form in the Autumn and 6 N he could force his way on the plane but with all the good wings aroundright now only an outside chance. too small for Gatland

Mark my words tho – I bet he and Duhan are the top scoring wings between now and the end of the 6N

anagallis_arvensis

There seems to be talk of the Ireland v Wales game as being a ‘must-win’ game for Wales, but that seems unreasonable to me

I agree but they must look like the have played together at least!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

France v Fiji off.

Murphy leaves Leicester.

Quiet day so far!

Ireland by about 20 later, by the way.

bigblackshed

Ireland by about 20 later, by the way.

If it’s only by 20 I’d consider that a win for Wales. They have been utter mince since Pivac has taken charge. I cant understand how the same group of players have gone from Grand Slam Champions and top 4 finish in the World Cup to something that resembles the 2007 World Cup Squad.

anagallis_arvensis

I cant understand how the same group of players have gone from Grand Slam Champions and top 4 finish in the World Cup to something that resembles the 2007 World Cup Squad.

I know, its almost like Gatland is a quality coach.

gauss1777
    Free Member

20 to Ireland points is possible, but it would be a poor result for Wales imho. When they last met in Ireland, Ireland were deserved winners; but there wasn’t that much in it iirc. 20pts would be grim.

anagallis_arvensis

Be lucky to lose by 20 on current play!

gauss1777
    Free Member

Be lucky to lose by 20 on current play!

I know, I think I spoke too early.

anagallis_arvensis

This is horrific!!

anagallis_arvensis

Carre, Elias, Rowlands off at half time please. Id include Jiffy Junior too butvthat would mean North at 13, mind you he couldnt be much worse.

anagallis_arvensis

1down

loum
    Free Member

Can’t understand carre being ahead of Wyn Jones.
    Sure I’ve seen something like that before.

anagallis_arvensis

Can’t understand carre being ahead of Wyn Jones.

Makes no sense at all.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,601 through 1,640 (of 1,696 total)

The topic ‘Rugby 2019 – 2020 Season’ is closed to new replies.