Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,696 total)
  • Rugby 2019 – 2020 Season
  • 5plusn8
    Free Member

Can’t you keep that the the RWC thread? Some of us are over Scotlands unedifying response to a storm that killed 20 odd people and would prefer to think about the rest of the season and the 6N?

duckman

I will post anything I want on here about things happening in rugby sweetheart.

BruceWee

Some of us are over Scotlands unedifying response to a storm that killed 20 odd people

Speaking of unedifying responses to a storm that killed 20 people:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/video/2019/oct/10/eddie-jones-says-typhoon-gods-smiling-on-england-after-game-cancelled-video-rugby-world-cup

5plusn8
    Free Member

@Ducky, if you can then sod it so will I.

@brucey
    Ha that’s a pathetic retort.
    Scotland ‘Moan moan the japanese organisers want to cancel the game so they will win, never mind the fact they are worried about peoples lives’
    England ‘Weren’t we lucky.’ Its as self deprecating as it gets, implying that England may well have not won the game against France, not belittling anyone’s typhoon experience or loss, nor criticising the organisers.

BruceWee

Scotland ‘Moan moan the japanese organisers want to cancel the game so they will win, never mind the fact they are worried about peoples lives’

I’d like a direct quote of that, please. From someone in the Scottish management, not an interpretation of what your press said someone said.

Also, Alan Gilpin isn’t Japanese. Guess what country he’s from.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Also, Alan Gilpin isn’t Japanese. Guess what country he’s from.

You do realise that Scotland got to play Japan, their loss was not because of the organisers response to the life threatening typhoon.

BruceWee

You do realise that Scotland got to play Japan, their loss was not because of the organisers response to the life threatening typhoon.

Are you just throwing out random non-sequiturs now because you have no actual argument to make?

5plusn8
    Free Member

It’s only a non sequiter to you because you can’t see the implications of your statement about Alan Gilpin.

BruceWee

Feel free to spell it out because you’re making no sense at the moment.

onehundredthidiot

There’s a world cup thread to bicker about the world cup on.

BruceWee

I will post anything I want on here about things happening in rugby sweetheart.

Sums it up for me.

5plusn8
    Free Member

There’s a world cup thread to bicker about the world cup on.

I tried that, had no effect, may as well dig in.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Feel free to spell it out because you’re making no sense at the moment.

God really.
    follow these steps, sequentially:
    1) Gilpin is English and in your bitter mind you see that he wanted to eradicate the English teams greatest ever rival the glorious Scots.
    2) This storm was a jolly wheeze to achieve that (never mind that Japan were a credible threat and I shudder to think what would have happened to England had they faced them).
    3) So that fact that the game went ahead implies that you think Scottish pressure forced World rugby to make sure it went ahead for fear of being found out.
    4) Yet you are still sad and having bad dreams over a thing that never happened, I was pointing out that your bitterness was misplaced, you should be bitter at having been beaten by Japan. which did happen.

duckman

Are you going to address Bruces points? Or are you just going to continue to spout pish because that is some leap of his reference to Gilpin? Doing the latter makes you consistent at least.

I tried that, had no effect.

No you didn’t. But on the WC thread you espoused the joy of patronising the celtic races to annoy them,which says a bit about you.

BruceWee

1) Gilpin is English and in your bitter mind you see that he wanted to eradicate the English teams greatest ever rival the glorious Scots.

Nope, just that he doesn’t like uppity jocks getting chippy. A trait he shares with many of his countrymen.

I was going to respond to each of your points but then I realised they are mostly just gibberish and life is too short.

How’s your search for that quote coming along? Or did you realise it doesn’t exist in a form that will back up your narrative?

Read this:

Scottish Rugby unlikely to take World Cup sanction lying down

5plusn8
    Free Member

No you didn’t. But on the WC thread you espoused the joy of patronising the celtic races to annoy them,which says a bit about you.

Yes the same as wanting anyone to win but England. You like it. In fact so do I I because it means we have something to banter about. If you Scots want to be as foolish as to walk into an open goal about the typhoon story you going to have to expect to get wound up about it. It seems to be working.
    just think of all the ribbing you could be giving us about losing to South Africa in the dullest game in WC history. God we even let them score two tries against us when they hadn’t scored any in the tournament, the jokes write themselves. But no. You are just banging on about the cancelled game that was never cancelled.

BruceWee

But no. You are just banging on about the cancelled game that was never cancelled.

Er, no. We’re banging on about a £70,000 pound fine and the demand of an apology within 48 hours.

Is it possible you’ve just spent a page arguing about something you didn’t even know had happened?

5plusn8
    Free Member

No, I know all about that, its part of the same thing. Scotland should have just apologised and moved on. You know on the pitch when you argue with the ref, what happens?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Anyway….back on track…

Some top level trolling from Glaws ahead of their home game against Salarysens tomorrow.

I’m sure the denizens of the Shed will be gracious hosts…

5plusn8
    Free Member

Flashy Tell me more?

tintim

So looking forward to the Glaws game 🙂
    On BT sport also, the atmosphere is going to be brilliant.

BruceWee

Tom English’s analysis. It seems that all World Rugby wants is for Scotland to sit down and shut up. I get the same impression from many on this thread. Tough.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/50338259

duckman

Instead of making stuff up based on the innacurate press reports maybe go and read the statement issued by the SRU? It’s on the website after all. Bet you were glad Flashy gave you an out there.

tintim

Gloucester selling off “Wolfpack” lager

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to dispose of all our remaining stocks of Wolfpack lager at Kingsholm Stadium

5plusn8
    Free Member

I don’t get the wolfpack joke. Any help?

Bet you were glad Flashy gave you an out there.

Not really I could go on all day, but it really was a good idea to talk about RWC issues on the RWC thread. If you want to go there and carry on letting me annoy you, I am up for it?

BruceWee

If you want to go there and carry on letting me annoy you, I am up for it?

Awesome, so you’ve finally found that quote? Let’s see it then.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

From that Offsideline item: It feels a bit like two bald men fighting over a comb.

Yup.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Whilst I didn’t agree with what Dodson said in the press conference, WR’s stance seems somewhat heavy handed and the demand for a letter of apology just seems ridiculous be very OTT.

I also don’t see why this isn’t being left alone now because it ended up as a none-issue.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Whilst I didn’t agree with what Dodson said in the press conference, WR’s stance seems somewhat heavy handed and the demand for a letter of apology just seems ridiculous be very OTT.

I think at the time most including Scotland fans felt that the way the SRU went about their complaint was far from ideal. However, it was fairly understandable that they were anxious/stressed and it should have been left there. Perhaps in time the SRU would have ‘apologised’ in their own way. However, World Rugby have brought the game into disrepute every bit as much as the SRU imho. It also grates with me demanding the fine be made and given to charity, harks of ‘virtue signalling’ and comes across as very disingenuous.

Kryton57

Hmm, just received a Sarries newsletter with a focus on – wait for it – Calum Clark!   Especially in the circumstances highlighting one of the countries dirtiest players doesn’t feel the best way to draw someone to the match…

duckman

Kryton;When they have to cut the squad Clark is all they will have left.

anagallis_arvensis

mindmap3
    Free Member

I think at the time most including Scotland fans felt that the way the SRU went about their complaint was far from ideal. However, it was fairly understandable that they were anxious/stressed and it should have been left there. Perhaps in time the SRU would have ‘apologised’ in their own way. However, World Rugby have brought the game into disrepute every bit as much as the SRU imho. It also grates with me demanding the fine be made and given to charity, harks of ‘virtue signalling’ and comes across as very disingenuous.

Agreed. It’s all very silly now.

Will be interesting to see what the atmosphere is like at the Sarries game tomorrow. Found it odd that Robshaw has put the boot into Sarries so much about cheating given Quinn’s history…

Pigface
    Free Member

Blinkin Flip Ospreys can’t even beat the Southern Kings at home, shameful

tjagain

That is not god consdering Glasgow stuffed ’em last week

good wins for both Glasgow and Edinburgh this weekend. Glasgow tho are still going to rue their early start. Lost 3 games already this season compared to 5 in the whole of last season. Loss of the internationals costing Glasgow badly again. 6 nations time will also be hard.

Edinburgh begging to look like contenders again. Will it just be flattery to decieve like last year or can they sustain it?

European cup starts next week so two morale building wins for Glasgow even if against weak opposition should stand them in god stead>
    As an aside -= two scuffles on the pitch. No prizes for guessing the Glasgow players involved 😉 anyone want to guess?

mindmap3
    Free Member

Good win for Worcs away today in shitty conditions at the Stoop.

Gloucester losing to Sarries mainly due to woeful discipline.

tjagain

A question for you guys

Lineouts. With the hooker throwing in in a full lineout does that mean its 7 jumpers on the throwing side against 8? Or does a back go into the lineout?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hooker plus seven jumpers/lifters*

Opposition hooker usually lines up in the tramlines.

*of course, can’t lift these days, only support. As my Singaporean friends would say, same same, but different.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Also, Ospreys.

FFS.

Can’t help but think there was a penalty try for all those penaltiea/advantages on the line, but the Spreys sril totally failed to close out the game.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,696 total)

The topic ‘Rugby 2019 – 2020 Season’ is closed to new replies.