Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,696 total)
  • Rugby 2019 – 2020 Season
  • anagallis_arvensis

Lineouts. With the hooker throwing in in a full lineout does that mean its 7 jumpers on the throwing side against 8? Or does a back go into the lineout?

Throwing in team decide the number, you can put as many in as you like, defending side cant have more though.

tjagain

right – so a normal lineout would be 7v7 then with one hooker throwing in and one hooker defending in the tramlines?

Ta – I got confused and everytime I remembered to try to count when watching a game there were too many subs on to work out what positions they were all supposed to be.

anagallis_arvensis

so a normal lineout would be 7v7 then with one hooker throwing in and one hooker defending in the tramlines?

Yep, you see the attacking team tell the ref the number in pro games. I used to sneak out of the lineout and then the hooker would shout numbers in school games back in the day. Free kick I think, rather than pen.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Helluva comeback by the Bears in Exeter this evening. 17-0 down at half time. Won 17-20 with a converted try at the death. 🐻

tjagain

I watched that game and thought it a cracker. I didn’t think Bristol would get back into it

Hogg looks like he is going to enjoy his time in Exeter,. 19 carries for 124 m today and a few good tackles.

anagallis_arvensis

Hogg looks like he is going to enjoy his time in Exeter,. 19 carries for 124 m today and a few good tackles.

And he gets to plsy with BIL great Calamity Cuthbert..

Hearing rumours that Jiffy Junior is out for season 😥

mindmap3
    Free Member

Bristol have had a cracking start to the season and that was a very big victory for them.

Tigers appear to have started where they left off last year. Got humped today by London Irish.

Gloucester fans were waving fake £50 at Sarries yesterday not that it did them much good in the end.

anagallis_arvensis

Kryton57

So, Haskell’s in the Jungle on I’m a Celebrity.   I might just watch it.

mindmap3
    Free Member

So, Haskell’s in the Jungle on I’m a Celebrity. I might just watch it.

Nah, it’ll still be shit.

He’ll do anything for a bit more fame.

Kryton57

He’s got this – I believe – faux laddish personality though, which I’m guessing will rub a few up the wrong way but actually could be comedy gold.  I can’t see him and Ian Wright getting on well for instance, although alternatively they could make a very good straightman/fool act.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’ve pretty much bowed out of the rugby stuff on here, but I’ll just step in to correct you on Haskell. I’ve had the misfortune of meeting him…..it’s no act, he’s one of the most arrogant out of touch with reality blokes I’ve ever met (and I work in the music industry so meet plenty of deluded arseholes).

IdleJon

So, Haskell’s in the Jungle on I’m a Celebrity. I might just watch it.

He’s also signed a contract with Bellator to fight in heavyweight MMA. He presented some of the UFC coverage last week. (Apologies if already mentioned!)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Davies out for 6N and Patchell likely to miss a lot of it.

onehundredthidiot

See “respected” pundit Jeremy Guscott wants a rule change that would have prevented SA from winning the world cup.
    So England’s finishers would not be effected bit SA dropping in their replacements would. Knob.

Kryton57

Well, thats what the headline says, but I doubt limiting SA to 3 replacements would have seen them lose on that day.

In other news, Farrell, Vunipola and Wigglworth appear to have allegedly received undisclosed monies into holding accounts…

anagallis_arvensis

So when Wales play Baabaas in a few weeks we will have no Anscombe (broke), no Patchel (broke), no Biggar (playing for the team that pays him) so Jarrod Evans best not get broke and my nan is warming up for bench duties.

anagallis_arvensis

Gatland names his Lions 15 and snubs Scotland again!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/rugby-union/50411698

mindmap3
    Free Member

Gatland names his Lions 15 and snubs Scotland again!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/rugby-union/50411698

Did exactly cover themselves in glory at the WC did they though? 😉

Turns and runs…

tjagain

Mindmap – the scots cannot moan this time. Deeds count and bar the second half against England last 6N there has not been much to be counted

Its a somewhat different position to last time.

BruceWee

Could be a bit tricky for him given that England and Ireland have been shown to be bottlers on the big occasions and if there’s one thing Gatland believes, it’s that bottling in a game means you’re not Lions material. Not to mention the fact that all of Wales seem to be broken.

Maybe he should start pushing to make it the British, Irish, and French Lions 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

Still think he should pick 23 Englanders and beat SA in there own back yard to piss off Jones!!!

Not to mention the fact that all of Wales seem to be broken.

He has a year and a half to go so I suspect a few might make it back by then!!!

5plusn8
    Free Member

Still think he should pick 23 Englanders and beat SA in there own back yard to piss off Jones!!!

That would be excellently funny.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Joe Simpson having a cracking game for Gloucester tonight having scored two tried out of absolutely nothing. He’s still got some wheels that for sure.

peteimpreza

Auntie Beeb is showing the Barbarians game today.

anagallis_arvensis

Comedy shitness from Bath

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Saracens are withdrawing their appeal against the fine and points penalty.

Developing…!

tjagain

Good wins for Glasgow and Edinburgh today. Sale got smashed by Glasgow

BruceWee

Sale got smashed by Glasgow

I thought it was one of those games where they looked totally dominant but simply weren’t turning it into points in the first half. And then they came close to throwing it all away in the second half.

For most of the game Sale were outplayed but 13-7 isn’t a thrashing. Better than losing at home though.

tjagain

Smashed ’em because they were totally dominant.

duckman

I like what Rennie has done with the forwards. Dunno why they let Sale into the game after 50 mins but still; now Rennie is out the NZ picture….

mindmap3
    Free Member

Smashed ’em because they were totally dominant.

But failed to smash them on the scoreboard…

The English teams (other than Exeter) have been shut this weekend (again). Gloucester should have won after establishing a good lead but silly penalties killed them, Wasps looked good at times but silly errors etc and Quins are just utter shite.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Saracens are withdrawing their appeal against the fine and points penalty.

Developing…!

Where has that been reported?

duckman

In the times this morning.

snaps
    Free Member
    tjagain

Just watched Barbarians Fiji. What a game.

Farewell to two greats as well. Rory Best and Tendai Mtawarira

anagallis_arvensis

Just watched Barbarians Fiji. What a game.

Bored the tits off me, I gave up and did some cooking.

Back to lineouts, I noticed that Scarlets were hiding the outside half on defensive lineouts where the hooker normally stands.

Kryton57

Also bored of the baa baa’s game.

I’ve discovered U11 is where its at.  Oh my, the kids have really come on.  Some proper skills are now on show this season, people are standing in the right places, off the floor quickly after the tackles and rucking with intent.  Not just that but working out the oppo’s over reliance on their fastest player (he’s very good) – whom my kid decided to stop with his face after I literally told him ‘get in his face and he won’t be able to run at you” 😀

Some of the passing, loops and pop passing out of tackles was properly slick for 10/11yo’s.

Two great games today – won one lost one, but all the boys played really well on both teams and it really was joy to watch.

tjagain

Sarries / Racing anyone?

mindmap3
    Free Member

They did better than I thought they would. I’m surprised they’re not in trouble for fielding a weakened side though.

Now that they’ve confirmed that they’re accepting the fine / point deduction they’re obviously going to save themselves for the prem. Which means weakened teams…they’re now probably a guaranteed five points for those facing them.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,696 total)

The topic ‘Rugby 2019 – 2020 Season’ is closed to new replies.