Home Forums News Red Bull Rampage Diary 2: A Changing Soundtrack

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Red Bull Rampage Diary 2: A Changing Soundtrack
    stwhannah

Yesterday’s percussive accompaniment of the slapping of shovels picked up a different rhythm today at Red Bull Rampage, for the second day of practice …

By stwhannah

Get the full story here:

Red Bull Rampage Diary 2: A Changing Soundtrack

willard

Wow. Excellent write-up of the day, thank you (despite the camera shenanigans)!

Can’t wait for the next day’s reporting.

identitizombie

Really enjoying these diaries, Hannah!

Some really cool insights and things we don’t often get to see!

kayak23

Great write up Hannah. Really cool stuff and awesome photos.

Loving it. :-)

ossify

If it’s hot enough to make both your camera and phone overheat, it makes me curious how they manage this with the main cameras for the live feed. Presumably they are much bigger and use more power (therefore more likely to overheat?) plus they are sitting in the open all day. What stops them from melting?

steamtb

Cami went big and very deep, thankfully relatively ok, broken nose and cleared to participate apparently, although with that much energy I’m surprised concussion isn’t a concern:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/DA2QcbQp1x8/?igsh=MW9nYWI0amVqamJodw==

squirrelking
    Free Member

Nobody mentioning Clemens Kaudela being airlifted to hospital after a similar crash to last year?

@steamtb
    don’t worry, nobody’s forcing them and anyway, they make their own lines and know what they’re doing. </s>

stwhannah

@steamtb I think it is a concern among the riders. There is some chat that she should be pulled, rather than left to make the choice, because it was such a hit to the head but there’s obviously going to be a huge desire to take part. Her team was still digging, but she wasn’t on the hill when I was there today. Will try and find out more about the protocol from the organisers’ perspective.

@squirrelking
    I’ve mentioned it at the end but didn’t have any more to say at the point of writing – hoping to hear more info today. Will keep you posted with what I can find out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.