Home Forums Bike Forum PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread

• This topic has 2,750 replies, 481 voices, and was last updated 14 hours ago by irc.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,881 through 1,920 (of 2,751 total)
  • PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread
    dave_h

It feels like the whole wind down has been well managed so I don’t see any reason why it should crash to the end.  They’re obviously winding up the site, the existing order well will be fulfilled and then it’s the end.

I don’t see why the administrators would want to finish with a bunch of small creditors.

bobodaclown

Fohn stock looks to have gone as well

anderzz
    Free Member

I got swept up in sale and bought some stuff I really shouldn’t have. Im just a sucker for what I think might be a good deal :(.

Got a horizon Pro wheelset for £130 which I thought seemed a good shout but I didn’t really need it at all tbh.

I’m a nightmare when there’s cheap stuff going.

captaintomo
    Free Member

@anderzz

Just chuck it on ebay to wind up the right people

dave_h

Where’s Noel when you need him?

Swapshop

cannondalem500

The bids for existing stock are likely to be for the £4+m of stock in transit on a slow boat from China. The last report from the administrator mentioned it somewhere in the detail. I can’t imagine anyone getting frothy over the rubbish selection of odd sized shoes or externally routed dropper posts still available unless they are for pennies on the pound.

My last order shipped tonight so I wish the remaining staff good luck for the future. Thanks to Wiggle I’ve got enough £50 10 speed winter drivetrains to last me a lifetime, which is not a good sign for future demand.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m a bit disappointed I missed out if the £45 wheel truing stand but I think 8 made out pretty well with all the stuff I got.

Is there going to be a swap shop thread? Do we think the stuff they’ve still got in stock now will end up on eBay?

If anyone sees that wheel jig pop up anywhere, let me know please.

ceept

@onzadog, I briefly looked at the turning stand the other day, there were loads on eBay which looked identical from the photos for only a little more money (about £60 IIRC), so I decided I don’t actually need it now (along with everything else I don’t actually need but bought anyway over the last few weeks).

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Had one final order just for the sake of it, some more nukeproof jockey wheels for a fiver, even though I’ve already got several pairs, and a horizon pro front wheel for £45, don’t need it and there’s no torque caps for it but it was too cheap to not buy it, it’ll probably help a mate out in an emergency need a wheel by this weekend situation.

bens
    Free Member

Do many of you still have orders processing still ?

Yep. One from CRC on 11th March and one from Wiggle on 14th.

Both still processing. I paid the extra for next day from Wiggle in the hope that it might get despatched quicker and may e nudge the CRC order along at the same time.

Dont think that’s happening now!

I think there’s something dunky goo G on with the site(s) with the lifeline and Fohn stuff. I had a few items in my basket in both sites and they’ve disappeared.

Not gone out of stock, just not in my basket any more. Can’t find the using the search either.

Managed to find a link to one which was a down jacket for the missus. Page loads, shows as in stock but I get ‘error adding basket’ do I reckon they must have done something behind the scenes.

nixie

A lot on the weirdness is due to the site design. It’s micro services iirc so your seeing the delay in consistency update between the various moving parts.

luv2ride
    Free Member

Do many of you still have orders processing still ?

Slightly different experience here to @bens….Ordered wheels from CRC late Thursday night, standard free delivery, apparently out for Parcelforce delivery today (actually put a dri release lomg sleeve for £9 in same basket, and that also seems to be out for delivery today albeit as a separate package)

Still have a Wiggle order from 11 March showing as “processing” though. Looking back, all my orders through CRC came through fairly quickly (though one did take 7 days), only ordered one through Wiggle and that seems a bit stuck…still hopeful it’ll be out in next few days

submarined
    Free Member

I’ve still got an order processing from Tuesday. Most of it i can do without but I really need the dropper post cartridges, so fingers crossed!

I’d just persuaded myself to order one of the truing stands as I’ve got 3 wheels to build, but procrastinators never prosper :(

Definitely feels like the end of an era. I remember getting my mum to send a cheque to pay for stuff from their ad in MBUK in about 1998

ogden
    Free Member

I was watching a few lifeline bits with plenty of stock that have gone.

I had two orders from Monday on processing that have shipped over night but I didn’t get an email just update on the orders page.

The fella who posted on the homepage article did say bargains till middle of March and it’ll be closing so perhaps it was a case of sell what we can until day x.

snax

I suspect I’ve made my final order with Chain Reaction. I first ordered from them in early 2000 and was amazed that you could order something on Friday and have it arrive in Aberdeen the following day! Sad times!

frogstomp

I had two orders from Monday on processing that have shipped over night but I didn’t get an email just update on the orders page.

Yup, same here – worth checking your orders page.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I suspect the things they could pull together into organised bins/lots are why prime, lifeline, brand-x have disappeared.

It’s probably fairly easy to sell 1000 dropper posts to a smaller shop / bike brand like Planet-X or Bird. Ditto Prime to one of the smaller road brands, etc.

bens
    Free Member

Spooky… I think they might be listening in…

After my earlier post where the Wiggle order was still saying ‘processing’, it’s just been delivered and now shows as shipped on the website.

Still no sign of CRC from the 11th though

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

I’ve got a few orders processing, it’s the most I’ve purchased in a few years, but for me the heyday was back in the 2000’s and early 2010s. I remember ordering something in the afternoon and it was in my hands by 7.30am the next day, I remember taking the package to work to open – that’s when the post used to come early as well, would’ve been about 2008. I remember the MBUK ads from the 90s, they’ve basically kept me going through the 90s until now. Without the bargain prices I’d not been able to upgrade my bikes over the years, but I think it was easier about 15 years ago as almost everything you could get would fit any bike you have. 1 1/8th headsets and steerers, wheels were pretty much the same unless you had a 20mm bolt through, casettes were all the same fitment, you’re purchases were based more on what quality of part you could afford – LX or XT cassette, FSA or Hope headset. I don’t upgrade my newer bikes like I did back then as standards and fit are all over the place and after trying to figure out what fits I just think the part I’ve got will do fine! Quite sad to see them go, I wonder what they will become? Everytime they had a big sale I’d be on the phone to friends saying ‘what have you found?’ Remember the flood sale too, didn’t they add things every now and then?

leeroybrown
    Free Member

Cheers guys ,the status of my order from the 9th has been changed to dispatched so happy days

I have enough road clothes to see out my cycling days I recon!

Feels like we are vultures picking of the last bits of meat

I need some 99p headsets don’t I?

dave_h

Slightly different experience here to  @bens

If you’ve just ordered one bulky item going via Parcel Force then the pick logic in the warehouse management system may see it as an easy order to fulfill to reduce the volume of orders in the order well  so jump to the top of the queue.

The majority of orders in the well will be likely be something big- ish supplemented by a mass of cheap bottles, headset, bottom brackets, etc.  Slower to pick as it’ll be a journey around the warehouse to get the items and going via a cheaper/slower delivery service (Evri) so they’ll just be being pulled from the order well in a sequential order.

andy4d

Just got my last CRC order and added up what this sale has cost me. I have spent just under £300 but got 3 good jackets/helmet/dropper/pedals/tyres/ shifter/ headset/ tools and some other spare bits. Full retail (if it ever was that) is claimed to be over £1,100!

Thankyou to everyone at CRC.

jkomo

Last order just changed to shipped. Thank you Chain Reaction staff for seeing this through.

luv2ride
    Free Member

Relieved to see my last outstanding order (wiggle) also now marked as shipped just now, but the wheels that supposedly were out for delivery today look to have stayed sat at the Parcelfarce Bristol depot all day instead (even had that overwhelming feeling of disappointment when a Parcelforce van came up the drive but dropped something at our neighbours instead…). My excuse for watching most of Milan San Remo was that I had to stay in for the delivery. First world problems when compared with what the Wiggle/CRC staff are dealing with. Hope they all get sorted

munrobiker
    Free Member

I caved and bought the last XTR 11 speed cassette and after ten days of Evri telling me they were going to deliver it, then saying they aren’t going to bother trying because it’s too big, they’ve now told me they’re sending it back to CRC. So I’ve missed out on that. Plums.

mulv1976
    Free Member

I’m still waiting for 3 orders from crc whilst a wetsuit I ordered from wiggle was cancelled. Gutted as it for my lad to use this summer. No doubt it’ll be on eBay for twice the price.

geomickb

I’m hoping that posting on here will move my Castelli jacket to dispatched ..

Vortexracing

I’m hoping that posting on here will move my Castelli jacket to dispatched .

same here with my Castelli Longs. 🙄

spooky211
    Free Member

And my XT cassette…

rwoofer
    Free Member

Just got my last order of Primavera 28 wheels. Found a return slip inside from someone called Derek who bought them on the 6th March 2024 and returned them on the 8th. That explains why they became in stock again

squirrelking
    Free Member

I’m just looking at the Urchin pedal service kit, by the look of it the bearings at least are compatible with DMR V12 Mk2 and Vaults, I’d imagine the pins are a similar size too. Either way for 99p they look alright even if it is budget bearings. The only review says they fit the Horizon Pro’s as well.

hooli

Uber20 gets 20% off everything.

hooli

Site went funny and that posted too soon. 20% code above for uberbikes

davosaurusrex

Chanced one last order on the 12th, £35 and most of that is for a couple of Fohn bits so can’t see it turning up. Have messaged CRC but no response. Ah well, was always a risk when picking at the bones. Hope all there can find decent jobs to move on to.

woodster

Still processing. In some ways I’m relieved that it’s done. This is not the order of a man in sound mind.

Screen Shot 2024-03-17 at 10.29.54

nickfrog
    Free Member

As an aside, I like the idea of the AXS thing posted above but that still seems like a lot of money to just get rid of 1 cable and have to charge a battery. Or are there any other benefits in addition to the aesthetics?

dave_h

I really do not need another 12 speed cassettes and more ZS56 headset lowers, stem spacers plus water bottles – even if they are a bargain at a shade over £20 with free post….

Keep repeating it.

el_boufador

@nickfrog I bought a bike with t type on it recently (by accident, CRC Vitus bargain). I was very skeptical of the electric shifring….but I’ve got to say I am a total convert. It’s the effortless precision of it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,881 through 1,920 (of 2,751 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.