Home Forums Bike Forum PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread

• This topic has 2,750 replies, 481 voices, and was last updated 12 hours ago by irc.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,841 through 1,880 (of 2,751 total)
  • PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread
  • peanutcracknell
    Free Member

The lifeline pro wheel truing stands are down to 50 stirlings now, so 45 with the 10 extra code. I was optimistically hoping they’d go a bit lower, and maybe they will – but there was only about 100 left, and I don’t want to miss out.

So that’s my final CRC order done. Probably…..

Either, sympathy and a massive well done to all the staff  caught up in this.

appltn

I ordered the Lifeline truing stand on Wednesday evening using both EXTRA10 and 10EXTRA on the same basket (it only gave me 10% off once but I wasn’t sure which would actually work). No dispatch notification but I had a parcelforce text this morning and it has shown up. 24 hour delivery even though I didn’t pick the expedited option.

I’ve only used a Minoura stand before but by comparison the Lifeline is really nice quality, very heavy and able to make nice fine adjustments to the axle width and calliper position.

I’ve tested and found that the stand can indeed be used with a 148mm hub and a cheapo thru axle adapter when you wind it out to its widest setting. It isn’t quite as designed but the wheel spins straight and aligns well with the calliper.

Shown is a 27.5″ rear wheel, I think a 29″ would fit with tyre also but I didn’t bother testing.

IMG_0716IMG_0717

luv2ride
    Free Member

I ordered wheels last night at 7pm, and they have just been delivered by Parcelforce

I also ordered wheels last night but stupidly forgot about doing next day delivery, #doughnut 😞. Oakley lenses from last week still in processing…

appltn

edit – double posted

jamiebkc

Rats, all the droppers have suddenly gone, was going to order after work. If anyone has a 30.9x100mm they regret feel free to drop me a message.

jhpbk
    Free Member

The website is currently doing some really weird things..

I recon they will be back

tthew

I ordered the Lifeline truing stand on Wednesday evening…

I really rate Lifeline tools and accessories. I think they were a CRC brand, I’m going to miss those.

woodster

My basket doesn’t show any of the items as out of stock, but if you click through to the product pages some are gone and some show out of stock. I’m not going to risk it, I think this is the end.

Will my last order from a couple of days back make it to delivery? I’m not confident

Leon
    Free Member

Do you rate that lifeline stand above the minoura then? I’ve had the minoura for years, but it isn’t that great. Have always fancied a park but can’t really justify it

cp

they’ve had a few of these stock/website wobbles recently.  I’ve got an interesting one at the moment with an item in my basket showing I could by up to the 30 limit and I can get all the way to check out but go to the product page and it’s out of stock.  The sites normally resolve themselves after a while.

jkomo

I recon Planetx or Mike Ashley have bought the droppers.
    If anyone bought an extra external 100mm dropper they don’t want…

appltn

Do you rate that lifeline stand above the minoura then? I’ve had the minoura for years, but it isn’t that great. Have always fancied a park but can’t really justify it

I’m no wheel building expert but the Lifeline one is definitely sturdier and feels a step up in quality. It doesn’t have the radial trueness thingy that the Minoura has but I was a bit puzzled why they had that in the place as I figured you could just adjust the calipers downward to do the same job.

I don’t know how it compares to the Park, but I’m very happy that it’ll serve my needs.

luv2ride
    Free Member

Yep, on CRC lots of 404 “we’ve taken you down the wrong trail” messages when trying to click on products that (notionally at least) still in stock. Have to wonder if the last orders we’d made will come through or just get cancelled now

razorrazoo

Oakley lenses from last week still in processing…

Jawbreaker Prism? Mine too.

nuke

If anyone bought an extra external 100mm dropper they don’t want…

They’re back….i just bought one

:edit: actually they look like they’ve gone again

munkyboy
    Free Member

Just placed another last order. headset press for £27. rude not to when i got charged more to fit my last one.

Do you think they are about to pull the plug on new orders- has seller been found for all remaining stock – that was this week?

andy4d

My order from last night with next day delivery is shipped….phew. Squeaky bum time for orders now I reckon (disclaimer, I have no basis for this claim).

crazy-legs

My order of Prime carbon XC bars (£15 instead of £110) and an Ultegra cassette (£34) arrived no issues.

Most stuff now is very limited sizes, lots of clicking on links only to find it saying out of stock (even though you’ve selected “in stock only” filter).

Vortexracing

just popped on and its seems like there is sod all left TBH

rwoofer
    Free Member

Yep even the truing stands have gone. I think this weekend will be the end of an era.

Rich_s

Just noticed the delivery times from earlier this week are 26th march. I should have gone next day, but hey-ho.

goldfish24

Jeez, what’s wrong with me. I logged on to verify the reports that the website is falling apart, saw that it indeed it is, became convinced they won’t be there by Monday morning, but spotted a bargain shacket in my size and ordered it…

can’t believe it’s nearly over. Trying to workout when my first order was. My nukeproof neutron pedals on the old 26”er are I think at least ten if not fifteen years. Not sure.

chestrockwell

Yeah, the bunch of bits I was going to order this aft have now gone. See ya CRC.😔

ricbikemag

Just had a quick look at emails and it looks like my first (of many) CRC order was Nov 2011, a pair of Ritchey Comp Bar Ends 🤣. I don’t want to know how much I’ve spent with them over the years. It’ss shame to see them go

badfink
    Free Member

My order from Monday just shipped today. Wiggle quoted a March 18th delivery so seems like they’re just giving realistic delivery estimates.

fair play to the team there, they’re doing a fine job in awful circumstances. 💪

mashr

Just had a quick look at emails and it looks like my first (of many) CRC order was Nov 2011

Mine was well before they had a website. They used to print the entire stock list across several pages of MBUK, MBI and the like

demonracer

I think my first Chain reaction order was back in 2001, it was a Titec x wing seatpost. I was 15 at the time. I remember ordering after school and it arriving the next day, I also remember the stock list in MBUK planning upgrades with friends at lunch break. Goodbye chain reaction, thank you for the memories.

niel11
    Free Member

From literally everything a cyclist could want (and more) to just 16 pages of random bits left. The last few bits I wanted have disappeared from my basket and I’m not sure if my 2 recent orders will go through before they finally go under.

Despite all the recent bargains it feels very sad, not sure where I’ll go to buy all my cycling bits from now on!

niel11
    Free Member

From literally everything a cyclist could want (and more) to just 16 pages of random bits left. The last few bits I wanted have disappeared from my basket and I’m not sure if my 2 recent orders will go through before they finally go under.

Despite all the recent bargains it feels very sad, not sure where I’ll go to buy all my cycling bits from now on!

Merak

I think the good ship Wiggle has sailed.

el_boufador

Yeah, my first CRC order was back in 2001. It was when I was getting back into MTB after a bit of a hiatus when at uni. I was on the beach on holiday reading MBUK and I vividly remember planning mail order purchases out of the stuff listed in a double page spread ad in the magazine.

Thanks and goodnight, Chain Reaction Cycles.

Hope the staff are all doing as well as they can be.

nickfrog
    Free Member

Super sad. An ending. I sold to CRC when they were a shop in Ireland and I sold to Butler when they were a shop in Portsmouth in the 90s so also the end of some of my personal journey in the UK, selfishly.

What a desperately sad crying end.

leeroybrown
    Free Member

Do many of you still have orders processing still ?

jwildcard
    Free Member

How did they come to merge(crc/wiggle) i was buying from both beforehand, probably CRC more to be honest as i was initially more of an mtb rider. Were both retailers bought out and then merged? I did remember thinking at the time, they are a real juggernaut and going to have a stranglehold on the market which i guess they did have for a good while and the situation we are now in was unthinkable then. I have used many other retailers too but they are my favourite for sure having such a wide range of choice and some good home brands for spares and bits and bobs always competitively priced. Free delivery was always a bonus too but that nudged up onto a minimum spend and over the years.

Andy

Do many of you still have orders processing still ?

Yes a Hope pro5 hub ordered on Monday :(

davros

I’m waiting on a £40 order placed Monday. Paid by CC but just read that protection only applies over £100 but can try a visa dispute instead if it’s gone under.

woodster

I’ve got a £30-ish order paid via Paypal still processing.

My first order from CRC was for bits to build up my Kinesis Maxlight XC in about 2005 (Think the frame was from Merlin) age 15 or so.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Looks like everything Brand-X, Prime and lifeline has been taken of the site

rascal
    Free Member

‘Only’ a £20 order placed on Tuesday – said I should get it before next Friday and heard nothing since. Hopefully it’ll get through but the signs aren’t good

Viewing 40 posts - 1,841 through 1,880 (of 2,751 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.