Home Forums Bike Forum PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread

Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 2,750 total)
  • PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread
  • nickjb
    Free Member

kimbers
    offbondage lights are great here you get 2600 lumens for £14 !

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005131609883.html?dp=1c009gjvhigm&aff_fcid=34fa479422ff417c97692dc73c935492-1704465717863-01201-NUUJNoAU&aff_fsk=NUUJNoAU&aff_platform=promotion&sk=NUUJNoAU&aff_trace_key=34fa479422ff417c97692dc73c935492-1704465717863-01201-NUUJNoAU&terminal_id=158572442a3747feb5ade00e8777a5c1&afSmartRedirect=y

Thought I’d follow up on this one. Looked like what I wanted to leave bolted to my town bike. There’s a few output options, I went for the smallest. When I clicked through I was offered an introductory price of 44p! Great, even if its rubbish that’s fine. They then added 9p for postage. Problem was you can’t pay under £1 with paypal. Found a little USB front/rear light emergency back up set that I also wanted. Grand total exactly £4 for everything posted. It all arrived at the weekend. The usb lights are nice, perfect to stick in a pocket and get you home just in case. The offbondage light is quite good. Well made aluminium housing. Obviously not the 900 lumens claimed but very, very bright and well worth the non offer price. I think it might actually be too bright for what I wanted it for on the road. Its all or nothing with the main light, no dimmed option, just 1, 2 or 3 leds on/off. It does have a cut off beam pattern though so I’ll see what the pattern is like and maybe give it a go. If it is too bright it’ll be a back up night riding light. Happy with the purchase so thanks for the PSA.

paulwf

I just had dispatch note for a NS Majesty frame and 26″ Enigma Roll wheels and an Eccentric Cromo frame all at £11.99 each

Did you get them? I got a dispatch note, but they never tracked with Parcelforce.
    Just had a refund notice

Looking in eBay some people received them, one guy with a huge pile of wheels

tomtomr

Same situation for the Majesty frame and wheels. Refund on items but not the £20 postage cost so will be following up about that. No word yet on the Eccentric, but I’m expecting same thing to happen with that.

Friend had 2 wheelsets cancelled. He’s still waiting to hear on an Eccentric frame too.

Thought it was too good to be true, was surprised when I got the dispatch notice tbh.

dogthomson

Not sure if already posted, but Banana Industries are doing a bundle deal with stem, bars and grips for £29.99.

Ragley Cockpit Bundle Green 25mm Rise

dyna-ti

The above is also available in blue and grey (Grey in either 25mm or 12mm).

flyingpotatoes

Cheap dropper at Ribble £40

150mm drop 30.9.

Brand is level which I’ve never heard of but could be worth a punt as a spare/cheap replacement.

https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/level-hydraulic-dropper-post-w-remote-lever-150mm-black-30-9-x-485mm/

mark_rich
    Free Member

Is that Elite tuo trainer any good and will it fit my gravel bike with a 700 x 45 tyre

onehundredthidiot

Not bike but mammut are selling some decent walking boots at 50% off. Some other nice stuff in the outlet too.

https://www.mammut.com/uk/en/outlet/5811/footwear

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

For the lanky streaks of you know what there’s the latest Nukeproof Mega frame in 2XL for £600 at CRC.

desperatebicycle

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/sram-db8-hydraulic-disc-brake

Bargain set of brakes. I’ve got these on my beast of an ebike and they are plenty powerful enough. Bought some for my hardtail. There are some other cheap, lower end Sram and Shimano brakesets on there too.

dirkpitt74

Those DB8’s don’t have the bar clamps – so factor those in to the overall cost.

desperatebicycle

Yeah, I already got da clamps :)

oldfart

Just had an email from Orbea they are giving away a free range extender with every2023  carbon Rise for a limited time. I guess that’s incentivising shifting old stock and only if you pay full retail ?

gravedigger
    Free Member

Following on from the Mammut mention, SportPursuit still have some sizes left of the Sccarpa Trek GTX boot at 50% off.

https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/1853405

I bought one pair from Cotswold Outdoor on sale and was impressed enough to buy another pair alightly cheaper from SportPursuit. I do use some Superfeet insoles, which added to the cost, but the green ones match the boot liner color, which is nice!

A lot of the paths round here are pretty rocky or rutted and the the gras paths can also be rutted up by illegal motorcycles and these boots have helped massively with ankle/foot stability compared to my previous fabric Merrell Moab IIs.

Use Scarpas HS12 cream to keep them in good condition and water repellent.

hardtailonly

On One Scandal GX for £500!

On-One Scandal SRAM GX Mountain Bike

chakaping

Was gonna recommend to a pal, but page showing as 404 now.

desperatebicycle

Interesting package arrived with my £57 DB8 brakes in – rear is just the brake and some caliper bolts – Lever disconnected, but no thingamajig to reconnect when cut… Front has a 200mm rotor included (they retail at about £25 on their own!), plus the bar clamp and is connected up.
    Few more parts than I expected for my dosh, so that’s nice.

niel11
    Free Member

Had something similar at Christmas, had all the bits I ordered plus a random Brand x headset I didn’t order (It’s got terrible reviews and feels like the bearings are rolling on sand), but no Haribo!

superstu
    Free Member

Guide REs (old code caliper on guide lever) £42 an end on tredz. Often pop up £5 off £50 coupons when visiting the site too.

Already my go to brake for vfm and ridiculous at that price.

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.SRAM-Guide-RE-Disc-Brakes_102709.htm?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7cGd47rlgwMVUYKDBx2jIQ7AEAAYASAAEgImbfD_BwE

Merak

but no Haribo

I believe they’re owed around 30k 😅

ajantom

If you want ridiculously good braking for very little dosh, then I’d heartily recommend the Tektro Geminis for £59 a full set at Merlin.

They look and feel like a slightly less refined version of the TRP Slate Evos.

4 pot calipers, and they come with adapters and 2 x 203mm 2.3mm rotors.

Couple of things to bear in mind:

The rear comes unattached with olive, etc in the box, but with a right hand lever.

The front is attached Euro style to a left, so you will need to swap them around.

Also the front hose was a little short at 800mm. I swapped it some spare Shimano hose I had.

After a little fettling and a bleed they are damn good brakes and for £60 Inc rotors they’re amazing 😎

https://www.merlincycles.com/tektro-gemini-hd-m535-front-rear-disc-brake-set-with-rotors-273968.html

dyna-ti

Hope 29er pro5 rear wheel 142x12mm rear wheel Wiggle £170.99 in black+ Shimano HG only

https://www.wiggle.com/p/hope-fortus-30-pro-5-rear-wheel-6-bolt?color=blackblack&wheelSizeAxleSpacing=29%22+%7C+142mm+x+12mm+Axle+%7C+Non+Boost&freehubBody=Shimano%2FSRAM+HG

And you can get a 142-148 boost kit for £16 on Merlin cycles(HUB259 6bolt)

Oddly enough the same wheel is 190.99 on CRC, but still a good deal.

Yet another wheel to add to the ever growing collection :lol:

martinhutch

I believe they’re owed around 30k

I spotted that too. So it wasn’t just us getting ‘free’ Haribo – CRC was getting them free as well!

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

great deal on the hope pro 5 rear wheels, looking at £200 for the hub alone, i’d have jumped for a silver one.

tredz codes

GATBFX4XWD £5/£50

GA9UAL8NWG £25/£250

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

crc/wiggle

cheap wheelsets NS bikes random hubs 20mm upfront 157mm rear, £60-90

dt swiss m1900 wheelset 29er boost 6bolt microspline 12s £210  seems a good price, effectively front wheel free

flyingpotatoes

Google have good trade-in deals at the moment.

Google Pixel 8 £699

Trade in my pixel 7 for £390.

Cost £309 after trade-in and also get £125 to spend in the Google store, 6 months of Google 1 premium, 3 months of YouTube premium, 6 months of Fitbit premium.

desperatebicycle

Google Pixel 8 £699
    Trade in my pixel 7 for £390

Is it really worth spending over £300 on upgrading a 7 to an 8? I still use a Pixel 3a and just can’t see any benefit in going to a newer model.

alan1977
    Free Member

yer i don’t think my 7a was even £400 when i bought it

flyingpotatoes

Is it really worth spending over £300 on upgrading a 7 to an 8?

Not for me I’m happy with my pixel 7 but was just showing the trade-in offers and used my phone as an example.

I usually keep my phone for 4 years but plenty of people upgrade every year and want the latest tech.

desperatebicycle

Fair enough :)

hot_fiat

@gravedigger what the fit like on those scarpa boots?

gravedigger
    Free Member

@gravedigger
    what the fit like on those scarpa boots?

I bought the Scarpa Treks in 43 and also bought some Scarpa SL Actives in 43 at the same time but the SLs didn’t fit at all, much more narrow than the Trek which I think are the comfort last.

I’m a 43 in my Shimano MT51s and MW81, I have some Specialized Expert Carbon mtb shoes in 42 that are snug and also some in 43 which are less snug and I use with my woolie boolie socks instead of normal thin DeFeet socks. I am a 43 in my North Face mules, and a 43 in my Merrell Moab II Mid boots, which fit like a glove when used with the green Superfeet insoles.

With the green Superfeet insoles in the Scarpas they fit really nicely (probably would of with the supplied insoles but I’ve used the Superfeet for so long I stayed with them). They are close fitting around the heel and ankle (I kick my heel down into the boot when doing them up) and the toe box is roomy – almost making me think I ‘might’ have been able to go to 42 but when testing size with my foot pushed forward I get the fingers width behind the heel as most fitting videos suggest, and the insole test looks about right.

I did go out walking for about 4 hours in my Merrells around a local loop of about 9.5 miles and 2280 ft of elevation, so that my feet were ‘swollen’ up, and then tried the Scarpas for another couple of hours around the house and up and down the stairs, before finally deciding they were good.

I have now walked a lot in them – initially my lower legs needed breaking in to cope with the extra stiffness of the ankle support, and my feet needed hardening up as well. But when I bought the second pair and walked in them, the was no breaking in needed, now I was broken in… They have not creased up excessively before the toe box after many miles of walking, which would have happened if they were too long.

I’m using some Bridgedale merino socks so pretty normal thickness.

captaintomo
    Free Member

Anyone got any experience of this frame? Always fancied trying out a steel hardtail. I thought I could swap all the bits over from my modified Calibre Line 29. Geometry numbers seems pretty similar between the two bikes.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/ns-bikes-eccentric-cromo-29-frame-2021

jamesoz

Anyone got any experience of this frame? Always fancied trying out a steel hardtail. I thought I could swap all the bits over from my modified Calibre Line 29. Geometry numbers seems pretty similar between the two bikes

Been pondering one myself, it’ll cost me a new dropper plus the seat tube is longer than my current frame, so I won’t be able to fit a 200mm dropper. Tempted at the price though, might sit on my hands until payday.

dogthomson

That Tuo trainer is cheap!

Is it because it is awful?

Anyone had any experience?

stayhigh

@dogthomson Curious as to this myself.  Its by far one of the most aesthetically pleasing ones I’ve seen and folds away pretty tidily too.  Found this review which seems favourable and suspect that any inconsistency in the power readings would most likely be negligible for what its intended purpose would be for us mere middle aged mortals 🤣

dogthomson
    DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

was going to mention the NS frames at CRC. Was/am seriously tempted by the 27.5 one, build it up SS with some 140/150mm forks for winter but the state of my bike dungeon at the minute and wanting to treat myself to other stuff means I’ll probably pass. 29er, 27.5 and some jump frames…

lovewookie

the cromo feels much shorter than you’d expect.

lovely frame though, if a touch heavy.

Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 2,750 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.