Home Forums Bike Forum PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread

• This topic has 2,748 replies, 481 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by mashr.
Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 2,749 total)
  • PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread
  • bigblackshed

Thanks for the PSA on the 100% gloves. Bagged a couple of pairs. BUT whilst browsing the other discounted items to try to get my basket up to £20 for free delivery I stumbled on SRAM missing chain links. 11 speed ones in silver for 59p each!

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/sram-powerlink-and-powerlock-chain-connector?color=silver&sizeStandard=11+Speed

bear-uk
    Free Member

This thread is costing me a fortune 🤣

For some reason I have just bought eight quick links to go with the pedals, shoes, jacket and loads of stuff still in the packaging 🤔

joebristol

Yeah I wish I’d never found this thread….currently trying to avoid the Vitus thread as I don’t need to buy my wife a new bike 

finbar
    Free Member

I had a pair of those 100% gloves arrive today. They’re tiny.

I’m not a big dude and the large barely fit me. If I’d paid more than a fiver I’d change them.

PJay
    Free Member

There are still some 20″ Nukeproof  Cub Scout frames for £35 if anyone’s after anything for a child’s build.

https://www.wiggle.com/p/nukeproof-cub-scout-20-youth-mountain-bike-frame

mrchrist

if you could get a rear wheel cheap I would…

Onzadog
    Free Member

I filled my boots with the 11 speed power links.  They realised that I must have 15 pairs of 9 speed SRAM links in my spares box that are now of little use to me,.

dc1988

11 will work on 10 and 9 speed so are more useful!

nixie

I’ve gone for one of the feedback stands. Been using a cheap one for years that broke and the cheap replacement is crap. Hoping this will be the last one I need to buy.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Also tempted by a Feedback stand

dc1988

I got some of those cheap DT rims, I’ve already got some bargain hubs and the correct spokes but didn’t expect such a good deal on the rims so soon

nixie

Which rims? Missed those.

dc1988

BikeTart, I got some xm481’s for £46 each I think. It says they come with nipples and washers so seems a pretty good deal 

nixie

Nice price, decent rim. Yes they should have both nipples and washers. Only downside is silver nipples if that bothers you.

paulwf

Thanks, I bought some XM481 as well.

I am after some rims for my 12yr olds Ragley build, XM421 looked good but aren’t reduced in 27.5. The other option in 25mm inner are the X432. Will be using with 2.35 tyres

5lab
    Free Member

There are still some 20″ Nukeproof Cub Scout frames for £35 if anyone’s after anything for a child’s build.

https://www.wiggle.com/p/nukeproof-cub-scout-20-youth-mountain-bike-frame

I got one of the 24″ frames to build a bike for my kid. The issue is all the other bits, 142mm hub means custom wheel, 24″ tyres aren’t cheap, cranks are tricky to find, etc. it’s a great deal (other than the postage) for the frame but the rest of the build is def awkward.

Based on the news, been looking around and there’s 50% off oranges at sunset and nearly that at the factory shop. Takes them from awful value to reasonable (rs 35 silver on a £4k build? Wtf..)

matt_outandabout
    flyingpotatoes

Fox 36 Rhythm Float grip 29″ 160 travel £349 at merlin

https://www.merlincycles.com/fox-36-rhythm-float-grip-boost-mtb-forks-29-295558.html

Fox 34 Rhythm Float grip 29″ 130 travel £299 at merlin

https://www.merlincycles.com/fox-34-float-rhythm-grip-boost-mtb-forks-2021-29-280570.html

nickfrog
    Free Member

Yes those 36 Rythm are really good. They have been at that price for a long time and even cheaper with a cut steerer, £329.

I have one on the Big Al and really impressed for an “entry level” fork with an old damper.

I don’t find them particularly worse than my Lyrics.

a11y

Although individual SRAM Powerlock deals already mentioned, I noticed there’s 50-packs of 10-sp ones for £10.99 (22p per link) on Wiggle/CRC, LINK. Not bad if you’re still on 10-sp, although that’s a hell of a lot of chains you can fix.

devash
    Free Member

Do the SRAM Powerlocks come in a retail-style pack of two i.e. 2 Powerlocks = one link?

Or are they sold individually / loose so that you are actually buying one part of a 2-part powerlock and you need to add two to the cart to be able to use them?

Blazin-saddles

You get 2 halves on a card, 1 link.  At least I did.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

yes the sram rainbow 12s quicklinks are on the plastic coated /rip off card and contain a set of 2 links ie one complete quicklink..

anyone looking for dirt bike wheels 26er the NS bikes rock/roll oilslick hub/spokes are circa £110, on CRC/wiggle.

devash
    Free Member

Thanks all, ordered a few of the rainbow ones for the spares box. Also ordered another one of these for the wife’s bike – https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/lifeline-pro-park-it-wheel-stand

Bought one full price a few years ago and its been a great bit of kit.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

i can second @devash recommendation for the park it stand, it was £20 november time, i missed out, it’ll go back eventually, i have two and they are great

rwoofer
    Free Member

Just got a delivery of the 100% gloves. They are very tight to get on, but once on, they do seem the correct size. Basically they’ve made the wrist part smaller than you might expect for the size. If you can deal with that they do seem a bargain.

Also ordered those NS Bikes Enigma Lite wheels. I thought I could always send them back if not good. Will report back on my impressions.

a11y

I already had that Lifeline Park It stand in my basket but went ahead and ordered after the recommendations above, thanks.

Just got a delivery of the 100% gloves. They are very tight to get on, but once on, they do seem the correct size. Basically they’ve made the wrist part smaller than you might expect for the size.

I echo that. Troy Lee gloves in XL are my default and fit well, but the 100% are a snugger/better fit in XL – very well suited to my particular hand shape and don’t feel unnecessarily tight once on. But yikes they’re tight to get my hand into – the ‘R-Core’ model tighter than the ‘Geomatic’ model.

finbar
    Free Member

Fox Suspension Transfer Performance Elite Internal Dropper Seatpost | Chain Reaction (chainreactioncycles.com)

I just had one of these arrive. Great buy if you can live with 125mm drop – its the newer 2022 version and comes (or mine did anyway) with an i-spec lever. No cable though.

cookeaa

Just got a delivery of the 100% gloves. They are very tight to get on, but once on, they do seem the correct size. Basically they’ve made the wrist part smaller than you might expect for the size. If you can deal with that they do seem a bargain.

Uh-oh, I do tend to go for closer fitting “medium” sized gloves as I’ve got strange hands with a relatively wide palm but girly fingers so normally tend to have to squeeze my hands in. I’ve ordered two pairs of the cheapo 100% gloves. I shall see how they go, two pairs came to something like £7 I think so hardly a fortune if wasted.

jonnyboi

Brand x road bike down to £119. Various other sizes still available

https://www.wiggle.com/p/brand-x-road-bike?color=black-shimano&sizeStandard=L

ajantom

Microshift 11spd cassettes for under £25 on CRC/wiggle. 11-42 and 11-46.

Runs fine with a Shimano set-up – I’m running a mixed MS cassette & shifter, and Deore mech.

bens
    Free Member

DHR2 for £25 if you don’t mind them being a bit grubby?

New but ‘shop soiled’ at Sport and Leisure

dyna-ti

Prozis – up to 60% off

Never heard of them myself, was pointed out to me by Sis.

eg

https://www.prozis.com/uk/en/mens-clothing/clothing/jackets-gilets

ogden
    Free Member

SRAM Apex D1 AXS 12 Speed Chainset (DUB Wide) 165-175mm – £47.99

https://www.wiggle.com/p/sram-apex-d1-axs-12-speed-chainset-dub-wide

el_boufador

Good grief that brand x road bike is very hard to resist to use as a basic commuter…

rwoofer
    Free Member

Just to report back. I received my NS bikes Enigma Lite Boost wheels. On my scales they measured 1680g with rim tape and those band things, a bit heavier than expected, but I’ve had worse between quoted and actual weight. Wheels feel quite stiff for what are quite flexible aero spokes. Certainly stiffer than my current DT Swiss M1900s. Freehub has 30 point engagement which is good enough for me. I tried to take the freehub apart – the NDS cap just pulls off, but you need a 16/17mm cone spanner to remove the DS (didn’t have one). On NDS bearing seal looked very robust.

I put on some Conti Racekings with TPU tubes and transferred cassette and rotors from my M1900s which had Vittoria Barzo 2.35s. Tolerances seemed tight when putting in the axles. In total there was a 800g reduction in weight. A little ride down the street in the dark and they felt very responsive in comparison. Will need to try on the trails.

For less then £200 they are a bargain and I don’t see any reason why they won’t last. They are the stock wheels on the $6000 NS Bikes Synonym XC bike and from all the reviews I’ve seen, no reviewer has commented on the wheels, which says something.

sirromj

Looking for a new saw blade for my Mac Allister 190mm saw, and saw the saw itself had it’s price cut, is on sale on screwfix for £36. Good enough for the occasional DIYer that I am. https://www.screwfix.com/p/mac-allister-mscs1500-1500w-190mm-electric-circular-saw-220-240v/393gf

markgoldstein
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback on the NS Lite wheels! Shame there’s no Microspline freehub available for them (at least as far as I can see).

v7fmp

Banana Industries have a big sale on Roof Tents…

Roof Tents

rwoofer
    Free Member

Maybe a quick email to NS bikes might establish that. One solution, which is what I have, is a Sunrace 11-51 12 speed cassette that works with Shimano HG. I never notice the lack of 10t sprocket, because I hardly use it with a 10-51 anyway.

Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 2,749 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.