Home Forums Bike Forum PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread

• This topic has 2,748 replies, 481 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by mashr.
Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 2,749 total)
  • PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread
  • villageidiotdan
    Free Member

Daffy, that’s what’s wrong with my current ones – don’t recall what model but rattling.  Makes a change from the ear piece snapping I guess lol.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Merlin also have the “in a box” 105 version of the Felt AR Adavanced in 54/56cm for ~£1650, great deal if it’s as slippy as the Zwift version! ;)

https://www.merlincycles.com/felt-ar-advanced-105-road-bike-boxed-302870.html

slackboy

Rental bars and stems 50% off àt sportspursuit

Fatbar carbons for £86

https://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/renthal-dec23

Also deals on abus locks and helmets

timba
    Free Member
    frogstomp

Rental bars and stems 50% off àt sportspursuit

Good spot.. but can’t help thinking it’s better to buy than rent in the long run?

slackboy

Good spot.. but can’t help thinking it’s better to buy than rent in the long run?

:-)

In my defence, I was still mostly asleep

jonba
    Free Member

Altura shop on Amazon has some good discounts. Some of it is available elsewhere like cycle store but a few unique items.

Esker dune Jacket for £50

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

I’m open to offers:

Men’s Shimano mtb shoes.

nickfrog
    Free Member

You’ve put photos of road shoes though 😉

PJay
    Free Member

Possibly a bit niche, but 3 speed Nexus hubs for £23.74 – Nexus 3D55 3 Speed Gear Hub | Wiggle

The cheap XC POCs are still available too.

tall_martin

I had one of the cheap POC’s turn up today. Thanks for the PSA!

Same price as the decathlon one my wee one is growing out of.

Looks better, I’m not sure it will make much difference other than a hat will fit under better

echolalia
    Free Member

Oh bugger! Wiggle order was being delivered now being returned to retailer…

2023-12-17

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Klean kanteen uk:

Best to buy direct and avoid the many counterfeits…

whether you’re last minute panic buying gifts or fancy a nice treat for yourself – enjoy 25% OFF our whole range
    until midnight on Sunday. Simply add the discount code MERRYCHRISTMAS to our

alan1977
    Free Member

took the Mach 3 out for a road ride yesterday, a solid 42 miles, changed the stock tektros for a set of spires i had, swapped the wheels for my VEL items and Gravelking slicks

Bike still weighs more than my Nukeproof Digger RS somehow..

But… quick on the road, bit of chain slip putting the power down on one of the gears…. not sure why

next to get the drop bars on it, 9 speed cassette and a set of mudguards and she will be commute/road ride ready

definitely a 10 out of 10 £200 bike….

cp

definitely a 10 out of 10 £200 bike….

Not really a £200 bike though anymore with all those upgrades!

hooli
    chakaping

This popped up earlier and looks like a cracking bike for the money –

Absolutely, one of the best deals I’ve seen in the current sales frenzy.

Two of my pals have this generation Slash. I was tempted myself, but I’m aware the dropper insertion is somewhat limited (I tend to have to slam mine) and the mullet bodge is sub-optimal.

Brilliant deal for a taller rider committed to full 29 though.

slackboy

Brilliant deal for a taller rider committed to full 29 though.

But, but, I could have two Konas for twice the price of that! :-)

thegeneralist
    Free Member

This popped up earlier and looks like a cracking bike for the money – https://www.balfesbikes.co.uk/bikes/mountain-bikes/trek-slash-97-slxxt-29-full-suspension-mountain-bike-2022-in-green__28341

It is indeed. This is one of the Balfes stock….
    PXL_20230531_151116898-1

Highly recommended.

chakaping

I could have two Konas for twice the price of that! 

But then you’d have two Konas, unfortunately.

frogstomp

X01 10-50T 12-speed cassettes (XG-1295) for £175 at Merlin (£200 for the 10-52T version).

Very long-lasting cassettes (especially paired with X01 chains) and that’s the cheapest I’ve seen them since Certini briefly had them for £160.

kimbers

£100 for a set if 29er boost wheels, wont set the world on fire, but great if youve got a project on the cheap, or even as spates

https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/wheelset-mtb-29er-x-35mm-boost/

somafunk

Paramount+ subscriptions down to £35 for a year, don’t have it myself but saw the offer posted on another forum

Paramount+ £35

gotbike
    Free Member

https://www.firetrail.co.uk/bike-components/drivetrain-gears/shimano-rear-derailleur-rx812-grx-11sp-shad-sin-42t-black-gs–medium__315

Very reduced GRX 1x mechs. They’re also selling free hub seals for hope pro2 evo hubs for 4p. Sorry to see that it’s because the shops closing down.

ogden
    Free Member

Shimano e6090 10 speed ebike chains £12.99. Bought a couple to go with my cheap 10 speed cassettes from wiggle.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/296106747756?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=e6uwcfeut-g&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=oLBgTfE0QEe&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

mark_rich
    Free Member

Code RSC F+R inc rotors and adapters £220 at Stiff

https://www.stifmtb.com/products/sram-code-rsc-brakeset-200-180mm-w-mmx-clamp

Superficial
    Free Member

Very reduced GRX 1x mechs.

There was a time a couple of years ago when you couldn’t get these for love nor money. They’re a weird cable pull or something IIRC so can only be replaced like-for-like. Turn tables etc. Sad times, really.

ogden
    Free Member

There was a time a couple of years ago when you couldn’t get these for love nor money. They’re a weird cable pull or something IIRC so can only be replaced like-for-like. Turn tables etc. Sad times, really.

Pretty sure they are the same pull ratio as all 11 speed road stuff. It was the 10 speed grx 400/tiagra 4700 that used an 11 speed pull ratio instead of the usual 10 speed stuff.

flyingpotatoes

Samsung watch 5 pro £329
    £100 cashback and £100 trade in for any broken smartwatch so potentially will cost £129 direct with Samsung
    https://www.samsung.com/uk/watches/galaxy-watch/galaxy-watch5-pro-black-titanium-bt-sm-r920nzkaeua/buy/

Samsung watch 5 pro £329

I’ve had this watch for a year or so now and it’s a decent smart watch. By all accounts, seems better than the 6, for battery alone if nothing else.

Can load GPX files, does Strava better than my phone and obviously if you have a Samsung phone the integration is spot on. Fitness tracking probably isn’t up there with a Garmin, but it’s decent enough. At that price it’s a bloody bargain. Looks nice enough too 

cookeaa

Just took delivery of one of these ‘XLC’ 150mm droppers I happened to need 30.9 with external routing.

To me it looks very similar to the Brand x ascend II that (last time I looked) was ~£130 on Chiggle but has been up and down between £70-150 on there.

£50 seems good IMO

flyingpotatoes

At that price it’s a bloody bargain.

Yep really happy with mine and suits the svartling watch faces

PXL_20231221_074004346

wheelsonfire1

@scruff thanks for the Polaris PSA, I’ve ordered! Always found Polaris stuff excellent quality, I may be biased as they gave me some when I cycled across Mexico many, many,  years ago but some of it is still going strong.

frogstomp

Samsung watch 5 pro £329
    £100 cashback and £100 trade in for any broken smartwatch so potentially will cost £129 direct with Samsung
    https://www.samsung.com/uk/watches/galaxy-watch/galaxy-watch5-pro-black-titanium-bt-sm-r920nzkaeua/buy/

Unfortunately, the T&Cs don’t list any broken watches as being eligible (Appendix 2) and the maximum trade in for the Watch 5 Pro is mostly sub £50 (Appendix 1). You might get lucky, but it’s not a given.

flyingpotatoes

Unfortunately, the T&Cs don’t list any broken watches as being eligible

The selection for any broken smartwatch is in a drop down menu.

Seems they are now out of stock of the watch 5 pro but the offer is still available on the watch 6 classic but you only get £75 for any broken smartwatch.

I recently did a trade in on a Samsung Tab s9 and get the £100 trade-in value for an old Samsung tab S2 the wouldn’t turn on.

Screenshot_20231221-094241

frogstomp

The selection for any broken smartwatch is in a drop down menu.

Which says “up to” – I’m just saying to be aware that you may not get the cashback (according to the T&Cs).

flyingpotatoes

Which says “up to” – I’m just saying to be aware that you may not get the cashback (according to the T&Cs).

Fair enough. I can only go from my experience when I traded in an old smartwatch and an old tablet on different occasions. Both times I got the full trade-in value. But as you say I might have been lucky 

Yep really happy with mine and suits the svartling watch faces

Use this on mine and the same face in black on my old Galaxy Watch 46mm

20231221_100859

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 2,749 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.