Home Forums Bike Forum PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 2,750 total)
  • PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread
  • cookeaa

Just how painful do we reckon this would be as a winter club run bike?

Looked at that before but the top tube seemed to size up very long, the medium might have fitted me with a stem change, but then they sold out apart from the large.

I reckon it would be fun, depending on the group/terrain/distance, assuming it fits you.

downs523
    Free Member

Bargain for those POC helmets, bagged a couple 

fazzini

Sportpursuit

Some decent deals on SP on cycling and other stuff…if they have your sizes.

radbikebro

What a day to have a pea sized head! Thanks for those Poc helmets – couldn’t leave them there at that price!

jonnyboi

IMG_7870

all the happy new POC owners today 

PJay
    Free Member
    chakaping

Some good deals on DHB cycling shoes if the have your size

Gonna try some of those £15 ones for gravelling, ta.

And added a £10 POC helmet for my lad to grow into, to get the free postage.

There’s gonna be a lot of youngsters in very posh helmets eh.

martinhutch

Some decent deals on SP on cycling and other stuff…if they have your sizes.

Big Agnes Platinum Tiger Wall 2-person for 369 – probably a couple of hundred cheaper than I’ve seen elsewhere.

Mega-light (1kg) for a two-person bikepacking tent.

alan1977
    Free Member

The Vitus Mach 3 is here

the vee tyres look Ok, but wire bead and not tubeless ready i believe so I’m chucking a set of wheels i have on it, but

is there any PSA on any tyres 700×38 ish.. reasonable puncture resistance, mainly commuting on road, with scope to hit a dirt path.

Commute will be an occasional 14 miler, and the occasional fast road ride, if i want to do proper mixed surfaces it won’t be on this

Ive had wtb byways and hated them

Gravelking SK which were light and fast, never punctured them but was sceptical i might

Vittoria Torreno Zero, been great on my commuter, but not sure if they feel slow or a 17kg ebike past  ~20mph is to be expected as draggy

Gravel bike had schwalbe g ones in 45mm and they feel great on the road, again dont know how much protection they might have and are definitely a grave grave tyre, yet feel faster than the torreno’s……….

a11y

The Vitus Mach 3 is here

I’ve got a Mach 3 VR I’m swapping bits around on: mechanical discs being replaced with cheap Shimano hydraulics, and bar/stem from my spares as I didn’t like the feel of the combined one it came with. Hoping to run those Vee tyres tubelessly but yet to try – I’ve had success with ‘not tubeless ready’ tyres in the past so nothing to lose trying with these. No rear tyre clearance for anything bigger than the 38s on mine after adding SKS Edge AL46s.

alan1977
    Free Member

yer i most likely will swap in a set of drop bars and stem and put a set of spyres on it, if not also got a few sets of no model shimano hydraulics.  i am not loving that all in one bar at all, might try those tyres then, they have light puncture protection and look to be what i would look for.

haven’t decided on guards yet…

got any pics with the guards on?

a11y

No photos at all so far but hoping to finish it tonight. I’ve got flatmount Shimano UR300s to fit and not looking forward to the internal routing. Rear mech cable also rattled around inside the downtube like a skeleton having a **** in a biscuit tin, so I’ve added foam around the cable and will do the same to the rear hose.

Aiming to keep mine as inconspicuous as possible but not helped being a lovely deep, glittery metallic dark grey that looks far more premium than it should!

honourablegeorge

Pretty sure those go to 190

honourablegeorge

Yikes… typo…I meant 180

mrchrist

Has anyone seen any deals on youth full face helmets?

Quite like the Endura one but can’t see it for less than £80.

ogden
    Free Member

WHYTE Coniston Electric Hybrid Bike – £1299.99 – Shimano motor

https://www.evanscycles.com/brand/whyte/coniston-electric-hybrid-bike-930625#colcode=93062502

branes
    Free Member

https://www.evanscycles.com/brand/specialized/turbo-como-sl-40-electric-hybrid-bike-706626#colcode=70662602

Cheers for the Whyte PSA which lead me to this £1100 Specialized ebike down from £3700 seems a bit of a steal too.

Daffy

All versions of Shokz bone conduction headphones are reduced by £50 almost everywhere.  

nicknameless
    Free Member

Help me out folks as totally clueless.

Looking for cheap bike to have permanently on trainer (wahoo kicker core) that myself and the mrs can use.  Have been sticking one of our mtbs on there but sick of the hassle and mud everywhere.

Anything in the chiggle madness that would fit the bill?  Have only ever stuck our through axle boost 1x stuff on there to date and clueless about all other bikes and standards and what would work on the wahoo trainer.

alan1977
    Free Member

^^ the Chiggle Vitus Mach 3’s are quick release assuming you have that as an option on your trainer?  note, the mach 1 is not QR and is bolt through so you’d want to avoid that i think

honourablegeorge

Daffy

All versions of Shokz bone conduction headphones are reduced by £50 almost everywhere.

They are great things, use them more than any other headphones, £50 off is a crazy bargain

villageidiotdan
    Free Member

Careful who you buy the shokz from thou as I bought mine from what I’d consider a mainstream UK retailer (JD Sports) and Shokz wouldn’t honour their warranty as they’re not an authorised reseller – quite how they came across the stock then is a different matter.

riddoch

And they are a bit fragile, or at least dont last as long as I’d expect. I’ve got through three sets, the first couple lasted about 12-18 months before they died on one side. The most recent (the pro model)  the on/off switch stopped working but they did last a bit longer.

villageidiotdan
    Free Member

@riddoch – may I guess, the right hand end breaking over the ear so it just dangled down? – that’s how I got thro the 1st two of mine.  I won’t give them any more money now since the warranty issue, I believe there are cheaper alteranatives that work just as well which i’ll be looking into

alan1977
    Free Member

hmm not sure how old my shockz are and have been faultless.. .the waterproof ones….

jp-t853

A friend bought one of the cheap Kinesys ebikes a couple of days ago and Wiggle have emailed to offer immediate delivery if he is happy to do a bit more assembly or wait a few weeks for them to PDI. Could be good if you want it quick

Hedgehopper

@nicknameless the Brand X Road Bike is under £200:
    https://www.wiggle.com/p/brand-x-road-bike 

Reviewed here:

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/reviews/bike-reviews/brand-x-road-bike-review-it-left-me-wondering-how-can-a-bike-this-cheap-be-so-good

Edited to add  this bike has a 7 speed freewheel rather than a cassette. You would need a cassette for a Kickr Core and I’m not 100% sure that it’ll work with 7 speed , would need some more research.

honourablegeorge

SportPursuit have some Topeak stuff on sale, some nice stocking filler stuff, and 27.5 Halo wheels

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Half price pedal powered cargo ebike van anyone?
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/395061732573

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Felt AR Advanced Ultegra Road Bike – BOXED | Merlin Cycles

If anyone is after a high end Road Bike 

nicknameless
    Free Member

@Hedgehopper

Amazing thanks.  Checked and just need cassette and spacer to fit.  Ordered!

allyharp

may I guess, the right hand end breaking over the ear so it just dangled down?

Exactly what happened to mine this year. They were about 6 years old and the charging was dodgy by this point anyway, so I was reasonably happy to buy a new pair of OpenRun.

Disappointed to hear longevity is questionable on those. If mine don’t last I’d look elsewhere on account of the proprietary charging cable alone!

Northwind

nicknameless
    Free Member

Looking for cheap bike to have permanently on trainer (wahoo kicker core) that myself and the mrs can use. Have been sticking one of our mtbs on there but sick of the hassle and mud everywhere.

TBH pretty much any old shit will do the job well. I found an abandoned road bike on facebook for £30, threw most of it in the bin, replaced the front wheel with a wooden stand for compactness, put a new chain and a comfy seat on it and that was pretty much it. It’s way easier with kit like the kickr because it provides the “hub” and a bunch of adapters so all you really need is frame, seat, bars, fork, cranks with one functioning chainring and rear shifting, and loads of frame standards can be easily made to work. If you buy a whole cheap new bike for it probably half of it goes completely unused and the bits you do use like saddles, grips, shifting tend to not be that great

Daffy

Both pairs of my Shokz have only lasted 2 years before terminal faults.  The first, the LHS conductor died.  The more recent Aeropex (OpenRun) have both started rattling inside the conductors and whilst they still work, it’s really annoying.  They can’t be opened to fix the problem.  You can drill and Sugru it, but it’s a poor bodge at best and compromises the sound.  Mine get used 5 days a week for a total of around 1o hours in all kinds of weather, so I cant really complain at less than £1/week.  I wish they had sove value at the end of two years, but hey ho – there’s really nothing else I can safely use on the bike/running.

alan1977
    Free Member

slight detour

tyres on that mach 3 (vee tyre) are wire bead, and when i popped them on my vel wheels the bead rested so far away from the rim that it would be a massive faff to get any kind of seal

Amazon have Gravelking slicks same size, tan wall, for 32 a pop atm

chakaping

Is it churlish to grumble that the rim tape on those £135 carbon gravel wheels was applied really crappily?

Don’t worry, I’ll answer that myself. Yes, it is.

anono

Gx scandals back at £799 again.

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 2,750 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.