Home Forums Bike Forum PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 2,750 total)
  • PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread
  • woodster

Banana Industries have a stem, handlebar and grips for £29.99

Is that not just stuff they’ve bought from CRC? I think all 3 of those at one point would’ve been sub-£10 for the trio in the fire sale.

Andy

Yep. Very obviously so.  Fair enough. Just like any other retailer trying to survive rn.

woodster

Yep. Very obviously so.  Fair enough. Just like any other retailer trying to survive rn.

I’ve no problem with it, just pointing out that it’s not a great deal.

Andy

Ah yes I see what you mean. Based on what the price was, yes, but OOS at CRCWiggle now.

downs523
    Free Member

Vitus Nucleus 24 at CRC is now £299, cheapest it’s ever been. 

chakaping

I was wondering whether bike shops would be stocking up with these Chiggle bargains.

hammerandcycle
    Free Member

Looks like half their stock has been relisted on Ebay.

frogstomp

I was wondering whether bike shops would be stocking up with these Chiggle bargains.

Can’t blame them really. Ironically I guess this represents the zenith of the CRC price gouging philosophy – they were always prone to selling stuff for less than you could buy it for trade.

markgoldstein
    Free Member

If the newer Escarpe frameset is too pricey, the 2020 model is back in stock, Large only at £399:
    https://www.wiggle.com/p/vitus-escarpe-29-frame-2020
    Surely the Fox Factory shock and carbon frame are worth £200 though?

nuke

the 2020 model is back in stock, Large only at £399

Ha, where do they suddenly find them!?! Been many weeks since they were in stock. I guess the most likely is someone has returned one

jonnyboi

That’s the alu framed model, not carbon 

alan1977
    Free Member

Sigma Sports

3 for 2 on their in house brand Vel kit, some of which is heavily discounted already

cod VEL3FOR2

stwhannah

Just dropping a snapfish link in here because I’m going to do a batch of photobooks as life admin while there’s a discount on, and STW will get a kickback if I click the link!

https://www.snapfish.co.uk/

jonnyboi

https://www.wiggle.com/p/octane-one-kode-adv-commuter-road-bike-2022?color=whiteblack&sizeStandard=L

Steel gravel/commuter bike for £324. I can’t imagine that it was ever worth RRP though.

a11y

Nukeproof Cub kids frames with 88% off, reduced to £50 on Wiggle:

20″ wheeled

24″ wheeled

26″ wheeled are out of stock.

Not sure quite how much of a bargain as you’d still need to source all the bits to build them up, might better suited to upgrade the frame on an existing bike perhaps.

Also (and I thought I saw this deal posted somewhere on here already but can’t find it now), Boost 29er wheelsets for £87 with SRAM hubs and RaceFace rims. Not the best choice of either but at that price worth it: Front and Rear.

nixie

Hmm those links are dead. Skim resources not working for Chiggle anymore.

jp-t853

I was thinking that

The Octane One Kode bike above is worth checking out on Wiggle it is a lot of bike for the money

jonnyboi

Chiggle tend to kill the webpage when items go out of stock now

alan1977
    Free Member

Honestly, i just canceled the Vitus Mach 3 i had ordered and replaced an order for the Kode as my commuter bike, by the time i chucked all the bits on the Vitus id have spent as much and id prefer the steel frame for these duties

cp

It’ll be interesting to see what turns up on the Kode. The bike in the pics have Shimano Sora components whereas the spec is all microshift 10 speed

nuke

Yeah the links don’t work for me (‘inactive’) but items like the Kode are still on the site when searching so worth checking

kelvin

Thanks Hannah… planning photo books as well… will use the link.

I killed a front rim beyond holding a tyre on last week (it was already a quite random shape, as is the rear) so have gone for the Chiggle Sram/RaceFace wheels. Yes, I know those rims are pretty soft, but I’ve had a few years out of the 27.5 version back in the past. They’ll do.

kelvin

Fair enough. Just like any other retailer trying to survive rn.

Didn’t Banana Ind already go pop?

jonnyboi

Strange, the links for me are working on a phone but not from a desktop browser…. local STW issue? 

a11y

Chiggle tend to kill the webpage when items go out of stock now

I’ve noticed that too, but not in the cases of the Octane One bike or the frames/wheel links I shared earlier – definitely all still in stock and live on Wiggle’s site.

Maybe it’s just to piss off the link police on STW? (although TBF I’m totally behidn the idea that PSAs should always contain the link…)

Edit:

Strange, the links for me are working on a phone but not from a desktop browser…. local STW issue?

Nope, same inactive link error for me from desktop (Chrome on Windows) and mobile (iOS).

jonnyboi

As above, working for me on a mobile browser 

chakaping

Just took delivery of the front SRam/RF wheel (already had enough rear wheels and think the rim will be better suited to front anyway).
    999g on the kitchen scale, so not the lightest but not terrible.
    Will do me fine to stick a wet tyre on, with an insert in to guard that rim a bit.

£36 is what I’d usually pay for a tyre, not a wheel.

woodster

Bought a 165mm 44T Ekar chainset for £61. Not sure how well it’ll play with 11 speed GRX, but I suppose I can always sell it on.
    My names woodster and I’m addicted to bargains.

finbar
    Free Member

I fancy one of those Ekar chainsets, but 123mm BCD and weird bottom bracket design is scaring me off…

ogden
    Free Member

I’d be all over one of those Ekar chainsets if replacement chainrings weren’t £90+ or there was a 3rd party option. That’s my main gripe with GRX as well.

13thfloormonk

Bought a 165mm 44T Ekar chainset for £61.

🤩🤩

I’ve been wanting to experiment with 165mm on the cheap, would never have thought Ekar was the way to do it!

Shame about proprietary chainrings though, in recent years 1x chainrings are the only component I seem to have experienced any significant wear issues with…

That’s my main gripe with GRX as well.

Garbaruk and Absolute Black do aftermarket options for GRX, I even got a cheap superstar oval 1x to work (albeit had to space out with chainring spacers to achieve best chainline).

alan1977
    Free Member

so i ordered the Mach 3 on saturday.. no sign of dispatch, eta the 28th…

ordered the kode and cancelled the vitus… and the vitus is now dispatched…

aah well

ogden
    Free Member

so i ordered the Mach 3 on saturday.. no sign of dispatch, eta the 28th…

ordered the kode and cancelled the vitus… and the vitus is now dispatched…

aah well

Wasn’t the cut-off the 4th for bikes to be delivered before Christmas? It has been plastered all over the site tbh.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

https://www.wiggle.com/p/octane-one-kode-adv-commuter-road-bike-2022?color=whiteblack&sizeStandard=L

Just how painful do we reckon this would be as a winter club run bike?

Chuck some cheap Conti Sport Contact 28c’s and normal bars on it?

alan1977
    Free Member

it is and was…. i did say that i ordered a more expensive bike, but apparently it has left..which is rubbish imho as you get notified as soon as the collection is booked

jonnyboi

@thisisnotaspoon

Never heard of CST tracer tyres, but if they are anything like the city vee tyres that came with my Vitus Zenium they should be binned immediately!

lunge

Here’s an amusing one.
    Harrods, as in the posh London store, appear to have sale on ASICS running shoes with prices as low as I’ve seen anywhere. Tempting just to be able to say you shop at Harrords…

ogden
    Free Member
    finbar
    Free Member

Cannondale 27.5″ Habit (alu) frames, no shock, £315: Medium large XL Cannondale Habit 27.5″ Alloy mountain bike frame black / silver | eBay

Bonkers Fabric mini pump with a wooden handle that has a terrible review on Road.cc at £40, but only £7.99 delivered: Fabric Megabar mountain bike bicycle free pump classic retro silver free UK p&p | eBay

frogstomp

Continental Cross King MTB Tyre – £18.99 for 29×2.2″

Wire bead, non-tubeless by the sounds of it.. unfortunately.

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 2,750 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.