Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • PSA : Cheap toys for boys!
  • Harry_the_Spider

Quality Save have HM Armed Forces action figures (like action man, but a bit shorter and better equipped) and Apache helicopters back in. £8 for the man, £20 for the chopper!

We got loads of HM gear last year for my lad and it is very good stuff.

miketually
    Free Member

#everydaysexism

Harry_the_Spider

My daughter isn’t interested as the 10” squaddies are not as handsome as her Disney Princes. However the princes do get to have the occasional go in the tank.

Crystal Ken has even had a sit in the Harrier, but the canopy wouldn’t close over his bouffant.

Cougar

She’s probably too young, give it a few years and you’ll be surprised how interested she suddenly becomes in 10″ squaddies.

bearnecessities

Concerned Marine, is concerned.

rene59
    Free Member

They should do a before and after version. Before – as shown above. After – homeless,complete with manky sleeping bag sitting on a pavement suffering from PTSD and missing a limb or two.

Balance the message a bit for the kids.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

FFS. Epic whataboutery there.

Junkyard
    Free Member

She’s probably too young, give it a few years and you’ll be surprised how interested she suddenly becomes in 10″ squaddies

APPLAUDS well played

yunki
    Free Member

That’s great value.. If I only I could override my pacifist stance and buy my sons toys that promote war 🙁

Harry_the_Spider

Oh behave. I had loads of Action Man stuff as a kid and as far as I can remember have never thought “Isn’t war brilliant!”.

Well made action figures and vehicles that can take a beating is what they are.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I [had] loads of Action Man stuff as a kid and as far as I can remember have never thought “Isn’t war brilliant!”.

Yep. Agreed.

And, before you know it, they’ll pick up a stick and it’s a sword or a gun….. 😀

monkeychild
    Free Member

It appears to be missing: the RAF Regt generic banter book, a CCS DVD, and the open handed gesturing feature.

😛

D0NK

Accused of sexism and warmongering in one PSA well done harry 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

My reasons are selfish really.. I just can’t stand them charging around killing things to death for fun, it makes me feel very uncomfortable.. And no offence, but I think they’re a wee bit brighter than that, I’d be doing them a disservice putting such vulgar thoughts in their heads 😉

Shame though.. The chopper looks the dogs bollocks

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Is that photo one your nippers with the helicopter Harry or a catalogue pic?

AP – “Who smiles at a Black and Decker Workmate, for goodness sake?”

Harry_the_Spider

Catalogue shot.

My lad is in full camo most of the time with a Commando dagger between his teeth.

doris5000

I just can’t stand them charging around killing things to death for fun

yeah i’m not a cat person either

Gunz
    Free Member

Toys don’t have that sort of long term effect. I used to play for hours with my Army Action Man and after 19 years in the RN I can honestly say I’ve no interest in camo.

dbcooper
    Free Member

Oh behave. I had loads of Action Man stuff as a kid and as far as I can remember have never thought “Isn’t war brilliant!”.

Me too. I come from a military family and am married to a man who grew up in a military family. Both of us are anti war/violence.
    In fact only the ignorant would think that kids are so linear as to react so simplistically to army toys. If my girls wanted this stuff they could have it.

natrix
    Free Member

I prefer Action Man – Geography Teacher

yunki
    Free Member

Me too. I come from a military family

sorry, I didn’t read any further than that but I’m certain that what you posted was perspicacious and erudite

duntstick
    Free Member

A STW keep everybody off their soapbox doll.

Sui
    Free Member

Yunki, boys will pick the “charging round shooting things” thing from thin air half the time, my boy has and anything to do with the Army is banned in my house (the missus didn’t like my stint), yet he still pretends he has a machine gun (the toy horse thing) and shoots me and mum!! he’s 2.5 btw.

tinybits
    Free Member

I wasn’t allowed army figures as a kid.

Now I shoot the neighbours cats (well, cat, I’m not a very good shot so keep wounding it) with my crossbow.

Got to make up for lost time!

This has got the PC brigade more excited than I would have thought posting a toy on a bike forum could possibly have done

yunki
    Free Member

I dunno what I’m on about really.. I only post this shit to try to compensate for the fact that my genitals are so tiny..

I shouldn’t do it..

If you’re referring to me as the PC brigade tinybits (oooh… that’s a coincidence) I’m honestly not very excited at all.. 😐

I’m really not very PC either, quite a **** in fact.. I just don’t agree with my own kids running around pretending to kill stuff for fun.. it makes me feel a bit sick, which as I said, is a bit of a shame as I woulda loved that chopper as a kid.. My action man chopper came from a jumble sale and had loads of bits missing 🙁

Junkyard
    Free Member

Do they eat meat then ?

Sit back STW will you whilst I out PC handwringer him

Harry_the_Spider

Thinking about the way my lad plays with them the gun don’t get a look in. Most of the time it is about piling into the vehicles and going for an adventure.

Good harmless fun… unless you are Crystal Ken.

Cougar

Harry, that Photobucket link is causing a (probably false positive) malware warning so I’ve removed it.

Harry_the_Spider

Not because it was upsetting?

cheekyboy
    Free Member

oys don’t have that sort of long term effect. I used to play for hours with my Army Action Man and after 19 years in the RN I can honestly say I’ve no interest in camo.

Pulls up a bollard and swings lamp 😀

Cougar

Not because it was upsetting?

I’ve no idea, it wasn’t displaying and I didn’t open it.

yunki
    Free Member

nope my kids don’t eat meat.. or fish or vegetables.. we find it abhorrent to damage or hurt anything, including the beautiful plantlife on our dear kind planet

rene59
    Free Member

The toys are designed and marketed under licence by the Character Group plc with a share of all profits going to the Ministry of Defence to be reinvested in other public relations activities, although the primary aim is to raise the profile of the Armed Forces. Character first broached the idea for the military figure range at a meeting with the MoD in February 2008.

This is what’s disturbing. Nothing but propaganda aimed at kids.

Harry_the_Spider

I don’t think that he’s read the packaging.

Anyway. So what?

CountZero

yunki – Member
    That’s great value.. If I only I could override my pacifist stance and buy my sons toys that promote war

Do you smack them for picking up sticks and going ‘pewww, pewwww’ at things?

yunki – Member
    nope my kids don’t eat meat.. or fish or vegetables.. we find it abhorrent to damage or hurt anything, including the beautiful plantlife on our dear kind planet

Ahhhh, superior beings who photosynthesise! I was wondering when evolution would make that jump, or are you the result of secret genetic engineering experiments

yunki
    Free Member

Do you smack them for picking up sticks and going ‘pewww, pewwww’ at things?

they don’t really do the pewww pewww thing.. I guess that’s because they’re not into that sort of stuff..?

I smack ’em on the hour every hour though… just in case

redthunder
    Free Member

My old toy action figurine 😉

[url=https://flic.kr/p/kjzQMP]Action Man 1970 Something[/url] by SGMTB, on Flickr

Harry_the_Spider

This must explain the rise of UKIP.

bearnecessities

Robert Redford looks tired.

redthunder
    Free Member

Robert Redford looks tired.

lol

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘PSA : Cheap toys for boys!’ is closed to new replies.