Home Forums Chat Forum Pressure washer

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Pressure washer
  • johndoh
    Free Member

It’s only marginally down on power compared to the model I have, I doubt it’d make much difference in the real world.

I have a 120bar one but after seeing how much cleaner a slightly more powerful one got my car when at the garage for a service, I’ll be buying a more powerful one like the Nilfisk one that is 145bar.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

If more pressure is king … I’m struggling to see past this.

150bar for 120notes

Doesn’t look as neat and tidy as the blue ones, but gets good reviews and comes with patio cleaner.

Tracey

If I was in the market for another my money would be on this with the introductory offer longer hose and patio scrubber foe extra £15

https://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb2200prw-dss-150bar-electric-high-pressure-washer-2-2kw-230v/766kh

stumpy01

One thing to bear in mind with these is the storage space you have.
    In my original post I mentioned borrowing one from a mate. I think his is a fairly old Karcher K3.

When I bought mine, I thought they had give me the wrong box, as it was so small. And once it was assembled, it is indeed much smaller than my mates K3.
    It takes up so much less space in the garage than his one did & if I want to move it, it is so light to shove from one place to another. His one is no doubt more robust, but it weighs a bloody ton & takes up a lot of space.

Finally – just choose one & get it bought – I did exactly the same thing going round in circles looking at every option, examining the stats & being frozen with indecision
    In the end, the lack of availability meant that my hand was forced to an extent & to be honest it was quite a relief to have the choice taken away from me!

cookeaa

I’ve not killed my £50 B&Q job yet (2 years), the one before that was a similarly cheap own brand job that only died after about a 6 years because I’d left it over winter without draining, it iced up and cracked the internal tank (still sort of worked TBF, just leaked a lot).

Karcher are toss, I borrowed a mates (6 month old) Karcher inbetween and the motor just ate itself (the comms went to shit, started sparking and ate the brushes (I had to open it up and look), and that basically finished it off. I ended up just buying him a brand new one, so it was a rather expensive ‘borrow’…

I’d rather stick to cheap own brand jobs (and never borrow any power tools ever again)…

Cougar

One thing to bear in mind with these is the storage space you have.

It’s likely to live in the cellar but that’s a point,

I assume these things are all fairly weatherproof? Ie, there’s no reason (other than the wrath of my OH) why it can’t just live in the back yard year-round?

jp-t853

Frost is the big enemy of pressure washers. Any water in the internals will expand and crack pumps and pipes. It is not always easy to tell if you have got all of the water out. Best kept in a shed as a minimum

Cougar

Cool, ta. So it’s not gonna rust, rot or otherwise die if it’s left out overnight. 👍

Cougar

Bugger it. Buy cheap, buy twice.

Ordered. Thank you, everyone.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I’ve gone with this like the winding in/out hose

Added a car kit and medium patio cleaner for £212 all in.

They do one with the power control on the handle, but it’s a bluetooth system and needs batteries in the handle, that seems a complication too far for me.

edit … Sorry C was typing as you posted above, didn’t mean to be one upmanship

Cougar

👍

As you say, exactly what I just bought only with the gimmicky handle thing. Figured I’ll add toys later if I feel a need.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Pressure washer’ is closed to new replies.