Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,508 total)
  • Pandemic of soccerball season 2020/21
  • binners

Mike Ashley…. man of the people

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Man U 15th 😂😂😂….. there is always one dragged into the relegation battle – let’s hope it’s them 😀😀😀

binners

Well, that was quite spectacularly awful.

Pogba back to his very worst I-really-can’t-be-arsed form, then some inexplicable substitutions

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

#OleIn

grum
    Free Member

They accidentally awarded the +1 head start to the wrong team. I wonder how many games Man U have won in the last season and a bit where they didn’t get a penalty awarded.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Spank the Bundesliga leaders 5-0 then put in a performance like that?!

grum
    Free Member

Ole’s record is weirdly good against top teams/managers and pretty terrible against lesser teams. Like Arsenal.

binners

We were absolutely dismal against Chelski last weekend too.

Just watching Harry Maguire half-arsedly describing how bloody awful we were, but he doesn’t really understand why. He doesn’t seem particularly bothered by this

YOU’RE THE ****ING CAPTAIN 😡

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Ole is a crap manager, that’s it really. Lovely guy, just well out of his depth.  100th game in charge, long may it continue.

Up the Arsenal

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Up the Arsenal

All the way to Europa League glory!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Sure, what’s wrong with that?

binners

All the way to Europa League glory!

Oh, how quickly we forget? 😉

Caher

In other football related stories: liking the look of the championship at the moment.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh, how quickly we forget?

Sorry, just checking, it was you who wrote that binners, without a hint of irony? Really? 😀

binners

Oh, aye oop. Won A* premiership, have you?

*’A’ – denotes singular, not plural. Less than 2

😀

grum
    Free Member

Remember when Man Utd fans used to endlessly accuse Liverpool fans of living in the past?

That would be Liverpool: current Premier League champions and current Premier League leaders. And Man Utd, er….

MoreCashThanDash

Does lockdown mean all leagues are stopping now and the positions stand? Asking as an Ipswich fan….

binners

And Man Utd, er…

are shite!

Inexplicably, we were absolutely fantastic in Europe midweek, walloping last years semi-finalists 5-0, beating the finalists pretty convincingly the week before to sit top of the group, but have been absolutely gash in the Premiership with consistently woeful performances

Which, when you think about it, up until the last couple of seasons, was always Liverpool’s natural territory

While we’re doing irony 😃

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

You’re lucky to have seven points. How you beat Brighton – Brighton!! – I’ll never know and you left it very late v Newcastle.

Big match next weekend – City v Liverpool. Seems odd Liverpool are top given they’ve been pretty stodgy and all the injuries too.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

He is such a nice bloke Ryan Giggs – real role model in the football world.

binners

Prior to Marcus Rashford coming along, it’s always mystified me why anyone would ever look to football players to be role models.

In other news, Leicester are second and looking good.

MSP

He is such a nice bloke Ryan Giggs – real role model in the football world.

He also “allegedly” beat up Danni Behr in a Manchester nightclub back in the day, but united managed to mainly hush it up.

Prior to Marcus Rashford coming along, it’s always mystified me why anyone would ever look to football players to be role models.

There have been quite a few decent ones, Kompany campaigned a lot for the homeless in Manchester. But largely they are working class kids who react to fame and fortune at an early age with predictability, god knows what I would have been like if I was a 20 year old millionaire. Their misbehaviour does make the headlines more frequently than the same from the bulligdon bullies though.

grum
    Free Member

It seems Ole is really good at counter-attacking against top sides who go at them, and pretty woeful at working out what to do when teams sit back more. I think they should just cut their losses and get rid of Pogba.

Liverpool haven’t been great but still grinding out the 1 goal margin victories. I don’t think going behind is part of the plan but I do think they try to conserve energy for when it’s really needed. VAR/refereeing luck hasn’t been as good this season, must all be part of the conspiracy somehow.:)

And yeah, Leicester were brilliant last night.

MSP

VAR/refereeing luck hasn’t been as good this season

It did you well with the Salah dive at weekend.

Kamakazie

I honestly don’t understand why Ole is persevering with Pogba.
    We generally look a worse team when he is on the pitch and with VDB coming in I expected Pogba to be on his way out. Even without VDB, the team looks better with Mata in the side.

The praise for Arsenal by the pundits was mystifying though. They barely had a shot on goal and if it wasn’t for a daft challenge, it would have been a pretty mediocre 0-0 albeit they looked better than we did. I guess any win against a (former?) top 6 side is progress though.

scandal42
    Free Member

The media poster boy Bielsa was tactically outwitted by our man Rodgers last night.

The Sky pundits and commentators were so desperate for the Leeds win that they just decided to talk as though they had won regardless.

I can only imagine the cringe levels of fawning if Bielsa had been the manager who engineered the win in that way last night.

I don’t think we can continue to operate on this level with Europe every Thursday and mounting injuries but credit has to go to Rodgers for getting the team to be versatile and play in multiple styles depending on the game.

grum
    Free Member

I agree re Rodgers/Bielsa, Leicester absolutely took them apart, it was almost embarrassing at times.

It did you well with the Salah dive at weekend.

He was fouled and exaggerated the response to make sure he got the pen. He also gets fouled all the time and doesn’t go down and gets nothing.

Until VAR starts getting it’s shit together and giving fouls when people stay on their feet, it’s going to keep happening. See Raheem Sterling in most games for further evidence.

It’s funny how the Masouaka just accepted it but salty City and United fans are outraged

grum
    Free Member

Jota is on fire!

binners

I thought at the time that was potentially the best move in the transfer market of any club.

I suppose thats what happens when you have the manager deciding what players he wants, rather than some bloke in the boardroom who doesn’t actually know anything about football

He was fouled and exaggerated the response to make sure he got the pen.

Exaggerated? He might as well have gone all out and put his Speedo’s on

null

I honestly don’t understand why Ole is persevering with Pogba.

You, me and everybody else. What was inexplicable was keeping him on the pitch and taking other, better players off. He was dismal at the weekend. Absolutely woeful. He is in every game apart from the three times a season he actually bothers to turn up. He didn’t even look remotely arsed that his stupid, clumsy challenge cost us the match. He’s just like Ozil at Arsenal. Lazy and disinterested. He should be being treated the same. we should have got shut of him a year ago.

weeksy

Yeah Jota is flying and the young lad at the back is playing well, admittedly against not the best attacks. However City could be a different game at the weekend of course.

I’m still struggling with football though at the moment, be it the CV19 situation in the world, or maybe just the lack of crowds, but i’m finding it more being the VAR i think that’s taking away of lot of the spirit of things, the excitement of celebrating a goal.. I’m finding football challenging, when for most of my life it’s been a clear passion for me

grum
    Free Member

I’m kind of the same weeksy but I quite like having something to focus on that essentially doesn’t really matter that much. The world is a fairly depressing place right now. One thing I’ve found is that I now prefer watching without the fake crowd noise. At first I couldn’t cope without it but now it seems too discordant and weird to have it on.

The VAR thing is ridiculous though. Jota barely celebrated his goals last night and I wonder if it’s because of the one that got chalked off the other night. You can never be sure a goal means anything now until a few minutes later.

Exaggerated? He might as well have gone all out and put his Speedo’s on

A Man U fan complaining about penalties awarded to other teams is like Hitler complaining about Allied war crimes. 🙂

binners

I’m still struggling with football though at the moment

You should try being a United fan 🙁

grum
    Free Member

Or a Man Utd player

weeksy

well yeah, it helps that Liverpool are still doing well, i think i’d have thrown the towel in if performances were as bad as yours are apparently.

dc1988

I thought VAR would be good as there wouldn’t be any feeling aggrieved after a game due to poor decisions but actually it’s taken the fun away, I don’t celebrate a goal any more as you always have that feeling that it might be chalked off. I still think VAR can work (like in rugby) but needs work.

On another note, my Sunday leave has obviously been postponed but word from the local FA suggests the current league won’t be able to continue even though it could only be four missed games. Last season was cancelled completely even though it was only a couple of games from completion. Seems to me that four weeks could be easily caught up, seems a strange decision that won’t keep grassroots football alive.

weeksy

Istanbul Basaksehir 2-1 Manchester United

Ouch

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Will Ole go before Trump?

grum
    Free Member

Classic Solskjaer. Thrash the champs then lose to a minnow.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The defending for Djemba Ba’s goal. 🙀

#OleIn

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,508 total)

The topic ‘Pandemic of soccerball season 2020/21’ is closed to new replies.