Viewing 40 posts - 1,401 through 1,440 (of 1,508 total)
  • Pandemic of soccerball season 2020/21
  • ElShalimo

In other news Zidane has quit at Real Madrid so maybe ZZ could end up at WBA next year?

doris5000

Perhaps Allardici could go the other way? It’s the job he was born for

Caher

Anyone watching the Champions League Final tonight? As a neutral I’m still a little excited. Hopefully a little better than that dull affaire last Wednesday.

loum
    Free Member

On YouTube for free through bt sport’s if anyone needs it.
    Although the kids want masked singer

ElShalimo

C’mon Citeh!

It’s the traditional clash of Middle East billionaire’s play thing versus a Russian billionaire’s play thing. Just like Roy of the Rovers

MSP

As a city fan the nervous energy is starting to build up, since Dias’s arrival our ability to have a collapse of confidence seems to have diminished, but I wonder how much of that has been due to the lack of fans as well. I think in seasons past the nerves of the fans in the terraces was felt by the players on the pitch. A win tonight would get a monkey of our back and hopefully lead to a new confidence.

I think our best team beats Chelsea’s best most times, I hope we can get some early goals so I can enjoy it, otherwise I will end up a nervous wreck.

ElShalimo

If Chelsea score first it will be a bore fest (not quite as bad as Weds display of crap footy).

Let’s hope it’s an exciting game

MSP

No recognised defensive midfielder in the city starting line up, Pep doesn’t intend it to be a bore fest.

alanl
    Free Member

And the best news of the day, Brentford are in the Premier League.
    Lets hope they can hold their own against the ‘bigger’ sides.

grum
    Free Member

Never thought I’d find myself supporting Chelsea but as a neutral I have to support the underdog really. Also will find it a bit nauseating when all the City fans who’ve spent years claiming the CL doesn’t matter suddenly change their tune if they win it. 🙂

Edit: Did City just decide not to bother defending? Werner could have had three if he could shoot

Caher

Bit of an enigma is Werner, seems to have all the attributes of a top striker but hasn’t a clue where the goal is – in a Chelsea shirt.

ElShalimo

He’s the 2020s version of Gary Birtles

scratch
    Free Member

Oi, Birtles won this twice…

dc1988

When Werner finally finds out where the goal is he’ll be lethal. Strange of Guardiola to play no defensive midfielders but also no focal point in attack. City need to change something at the moment

Caher

Yep it’s all set up for the little Argentinian.

ElShalimo

Rudiger took out KdeB there. Nasty

binners

Werner couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo. Just like Sterling at the other end. Do all the work the when faced with a shot on goal, look like a rabbit in the headlights and put it into row z

This wasn’t what I was expecting though. Maybe it’s just one of those weeks where every Manchester club involved in European action have to be a bit shit

It’s not looking good for Citeh with Kev off

What’s the worst thing about all this is that we have to listen to Steve McManomanomanomanoman

Why? Just why?

ElShalimo

Hoddle is just as bad…”he has to stay concentrated”

WTF!.. he’s not degreaser

Caher

Werner couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo

Have to a big banjo and giant cow.
    Steve Munamana is so high pitched I’m hoping one day I’ll no longer hear him.

binners

City need to sort this out. John Terry has his full Chelsea kit on

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s hard to buy a UCL. Even for cash strapped plucky outsiders like Citeh.

dc1988

City didn’t even come close, Chelsea were deserved winners

imnotverygood

Pep outthought himself again.

grum
    Free Member

Some enjoyable swearing from Havertz there 😆

Pep outthought himself again

Maybe he underthought it this time. City were really poor.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

City were really poor.

+1

To be fair, they have such a small squad and a tiny wage bill…

ElShalimo

I think Guardiola got it completely wrong tonight.

Disappointing!

binners

That’s the worst City performance I’ve seen for a long time

Chelski had the measure of them from the off

dc1988

Pep isn’t great at knockout football is he

funkrodent

Guardiola overthinking it again. Too defensive in the past in the clutch knockout games. Too attacking this time. I mean why have Gundogan as yr alleged defensive midfielder, particularly when you have no striker and Gundogan is the guy who’s been getting the goals..

Chelsea cut them open almost at will in the 1st half and as mentioned above if Werner could even get close to the rear end of a cud chewing bovine with a large hillbilly stringed instrument they’d have deservedly been two up at half-time.

Better from Citeh in the 2nd half, but never really looked like scoring. Best team won.

My 15yr old Citeh fan demonstrated the full gamut of inappropriate language, but was let off with a yellow card and a warning as to his future conduct 😀

Caher

I see Sergio Aguero has joined ‘the best club in the world’.

martinhutch

At least us City fans had some fun in the build up.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

😂 He’ll be praying they win it this decade as the one could be altered to another digit.

martinhutch

He’ll be praying they win it this decade as the one could be altered to another digit.

He’ll be hoping that the final in question is held at Fratton Park, as well. 🙂

binners

Just checked out the odds for the Euro’s and Engerland are favourites and Harry Kane is favourite for highest scorer.

Madness.

The odds on other teams and players are absolutely mental! Stick a load of bets on less insane predictions now before the bookies come to their senses

grum
    Free Member

Pretty amazing story for Morecambe, my most local not-completely-hopeless team.

They’ve been fighting relegation from the football league for years and were bottom of League 2 when the current manager took over 18 months ago – now they’ve just won a playoff final against Newport for promotion into League 1.

Shame they had to rely on some fairly dubious refereeing decisions to get there but hey!

@binners
    that will be largely due to ‘patriotic betting’ meaning they have to reduce their odds to reduce liabilities, as so many people will lump on England regardless of actual likelihood of winning.

martinhutch

Yeah, the Kane (and England) odds are just the bookies making sure they aren’t in the hole for large amounts if a portal to an alternate universe opens and a decent England team strolls out.

binners

This is just how bonkers the odds are at the moment

Top scorers:

Kane: 5/1
    Lukaku 7/1
    Mbappe 9/1
    Ronaldo 10/1
    Benzema 17/1
    Griezmann 21/1
    Lewandowski 26/1

Overall winner:

Engerland 5/1
    France 6.5/1
    Belgium 7.5/1
    Spain 8/1
    Italy 9/1
    Germany 9/1

I think I might have a punt on Engerland not getting out of the group. Thats a safer bet than them winning it

ElShalimo

I’m surprised that Portugal aren’t in that short list, they’ve got a very good team

binners

Portugal are 11/1.

Probably worth a punt on that too.

Also: Are they using VAR? I presume so. If so then penalties will surely be more frequent which would surely bring a few more into play as top goalscorer. I’m thinking Bruno, as he can score plenty from open play too and he’s 67/1

If he’s allowed to take them, obviously

ElShalimo

Ancelotti has left the Toffees for Real Madrid

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57319559

Viewing 40 posts - 1,401 through 1,440 (of 1,508 total)

The topic ‘Pandemic of soccerball season 2020/21’ is closed to new replies.