• This topic has 1,507 replies, 108 voices, and was last updated 4 days ago by inkster.
Viewing 27 posts - 1,481 through 1,507 (of 1,507 total)
  • Pandemic of soccerball season 2020/21
  • Premier Icon thebees
    Free Member

I went to an El Classico match in Barcelona a few years back and the level of vicious racism was quite shocking for me as an English football supporter. I’m sure supporting Spain will be a great way to signal your virtue during the Euros but anyone with a bit of football knowledge will consider you a mug if you tell them your reasons.

Premier Icon binners

Why is a player who’s not played for half a season even in the squad, never mind wearing the captains armband and taking penalties?

One of the many reasons (I’m a United fan, shall we talk about Becks and Phil Neville?), along with their racist fans, that stupid ****ing brass band, I can’t be arsed with Engerland.

Can’t wait to hear what Keano’s got to say about Henderson missing the penalty 😂

Premier Icon theotherjonv

I know.

Although the 5live crew were quite complimentary, his work off the ball organising and calling when to drop and when to press was first rate apparently. Just a shame how can score 1-1 from 12 yards!

Premier Icon MSP

England seemed a lot more vulnerable after he replaced Phillips, so his organisation wouldn’t appear to be particularly effective.

Just a shame how can score 1-1 from 12 yards!

Could have been worse, if a city player had taken it they would still be looking for the ball.

Premier Icon genesiscore502011

Yeah Henderson is terrible… playing at a level not out of the top 3 for last 3 years and in those three years won a champions league, world club title and a premier league… let’s pick a player instead who has had 1 season in the premier league and finished 10th ish

Premier Icon MSP

Ahhh yes, the god given right of super league club players to be in the national team ahead of fit and in form players from “smaller” clubs.

Premier Icon binners

…. despite the fact they’ve not kicked a ball in a competitive match for 6 months

Typical Engerland. How many times have they taken players to tournaments who are clearly nothing like match fit?

Can we just once again heed the words of wisdom of Roy Keane. He’s right, clearly

Not sure God is involved…think those in the England set up will be the ones to judge his fitness. Not those outside of the set up.

I believe Roy Keane is correct… in that if an individual is unfit or has a current injury they should not go. The statement that CLEARLY Jordan is not fit … how does he know … he does not have the data, stats or medical reports/assessments.

Premier Icon grum
    Free Member

Can’t wait to hear what Keano’s got to say about Henderson missing the penalty having the penalty saved

Rashford only scored his because he’s learned BS cheaty run-up tactics from Fernandes. I really don’t think they should be allowed when goalies aren’t allowed to move off their line.

Premier Icon binners

One scored, one didn’t.

Ones been playing regular premiership football week in week out all season and has 21 goals and 12 assists.

Ones not kicked a ball in anger for half a year and pulled rank on an in-form striker to pass the ball to the keeper

Engerland all over

They won’t get out of the group

Premier Icon Cletus
    Free Member

I’d like England to treat this tournament as a training exercise for the new players breaking through into the team – Rice, Mount, Foden, Sancho and Bellingham – he’s 17 you know;)

The World Cup is next year so getting these guys experienced in playing tournament football would be a big benefit.

Portugal my tip for the winners also long as Ronaldo does not make it all about him.

Premier Icon MSP

White gets the nod for the squad, I thought he looked fairly decent last night, more so than Mings, probably should be going instead of an unfit Maguire though and they could then still get Ward Prowse into the squad.

Once you get down to the final few names in the squad, they won’t be getting much game time if any, but if they are needed better they could give an option to change a game rather than just performing card tricks at the team hotel.

Premier Icon muggomagic

Really pleased for Ben White. I’d be a lot more comfortable with him in defence than some of the other CBs Southgate is taking. He’s probably our 3rd best CB (that says more about the other 2 than him though) but he just looks like he’s going to be a top player. No doubt in another season or 2 he’ll be off to one of the big six and we’ll spend the money on a bang average championship/Eredivisie striker 😀

Premier Icon grum
    Free Member

It seems like according to the loony Marxist BBC there’s good people on both sides of the booing taking the knee “debate”.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-57382945

Premier Icon binners

Best summed up, as is so often the case, by Stan Chow. This image pretty much includes the best things about everything football related at the moment.

I’ve got Stan Chow prints of Luke Shaw and De Gea up already but think I’m going to have to get this one too

Premier Icon MSP

Booing is a way football fans can communicate dissatisfaction,” says Andrew, a football fan in his 40s who was at both England games this week – and joined in the booing when players took the knee.

Andrew, who is based in Lincoln, tells Radio 1 Newsbeat he booed to show his objection to what he sees as “an identity politics agenda that focuses on black people and skin colour, when as far as I am concerned we are all England fans regardless of colour”.

“Some seem to genuinely believe booing is an act of racism – I reject that,” he adds.

Well of course it is **** “identity politics focusing on black people and skin colour” that just describes racism and what taking a knee is fighting against. Just describing racism in more words as you boo the fight against it doesn’t change the fact that your booing is a racist act. Why the **** do the BBC broadcast this crap without pointing out the logical gymnastics these racists are performing to excuse their racism, that isn’t balance.

Premier Icon binners

Well according to a good number of Tory MP’s this isn’t the right to be racist at all. It’s a ‘Freedom of Expression’ issue

Yes, freedom to express your racist views.

I actually think that it fits in perfectly with Brexit Britain as it is now toe-curlingly embarrassing to be English

Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

Andrew may as well said “I’m not a Racist but….” and should be called out on it.

Premier Icon grum
    Free Member

Well according to a good number of Tory MP’s this isn’t the right to be racist at all. It’s a ‘Freedom of Expression’ issue

I’m sure their commitment to freedom of expression would be just the same if it was about, say, booing our national anthem, or perhaps booing the minute’s silence to commemorate the Duke of Edinburgh’s death. Oh no wait…

Premier Icon joeydeacon
    Free Member

What’s everyone’s opinions on Fonseca as new Spurs manager? (seems to be highly likely at this stage). I haven’t seen another Spurs fan being positive yet.. hoping we’re proven wrong on this.

Premier Icon shortbread_fanylion

I doubt it will convince Kane to stay…..

Premier Icon joeydeacon
    Free Member

I doubt it will convince Kane to stay…..

I don’t think anyone other than Pep would manage that.. whether Levy decides to keep him against his will for another year is another matter..

Premier Icon inkster
    Free Member

Football has always been a safe space for racists. Binners pointed out that he never hears racism at Old Trafford. Well I remember during the noighties I used to take the train down to London every Saturday afternoon, often coinciding with the (many) Man Utd fans returning down south after the match.

Well they may have kept their thoughts to themselves whilst on the terraces but it was a different story on the train, all that sublimated racism came out. Any person of colour who happened to be walking past was commented on. The sense that all the racism that they had managed to control for 90 minutes needed a release was palpable. There was often a very evil energy circulating in the carriage.

During lockdown the kneeling thing could be seen as a symbolic gesture, now that the crowds are back in the stadiums it becomes more than that.

There’s a lot of talk about the self identified core football fans and what they want. I’m sure those c***’s on the train would consider themselves ‘core’ football fans but I don’t give a shit about what they want. Revenue streams come from more than gate returns these days and if they become ostracized from the game then more’s the better.

When you think about Colin Kapernick, Naomi Osaka or the England football team remember Carlos Smith, Muhamed Ali and the sporting boycott of South Africa. Sport has been an incredibly powerful tool for bringing about social change. The right wants to call it a culture war but they have no culture with which to fight.

Premier Icon MSP

It would be delightful if Fonseca could outperform Moanio at both clubs.

Premier Icon inkster
    Free Member

As the Nina Simone song goes:

Schoolboy cops, tryin’ to tell us it’s a communist plot….”

I thought she was refering to George Wallace and Bull Connor and J Edgar Hoover but she could have been talking about Andrew Neil and Boris Johnson.

Anyway, I always thought Marcus Rashford was more Leninist Marxist rather than Marxist Leninist. He’s definitely left leaning though (It’s where he plays).

Viewing 27 posts - 1,481 through 1,507 (of 1,507 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.