Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 340 total)
  • Pandemic of soccerball season 2020/21
  • Premier Icon dc1988
    Free Member

You’d have hoped the introduction of VAR would stop such soft penalities being given and help force attackers to try and stay on their feet a bit more, now an attacker just needs to get goal side of a defender and slow down slightly to create contact and then go down. Instead VAR is being used for stupid handball decisions.

Premier Icon binners

Good discussion on MOTD about this ridiculous new handball rule nonsense. It’s FIFA that is responsible for the new rule, to bring the premiership into line with the rest of Europe.

Just what we need. The rules being made to bring us into line with Serie A, which nobody has watched since the 90’s on account of it being so spirit-crushingly tedious.

It needs to stop. The handball decisions bring given are absolutely ridiculous. You might as well insist that all defenders have to have their arms amputated

Premier Icon Caher

Talking about the penalties.
    Yep. I’m afraid watching the likes if Klinsman in the 90s pushed me towards rugby. If you play the game it takes more than a cursory brush to knock down a 12 stone athlete.

Premier Icon binners

The Mash on form 😂

Man United awarded further penalty four days later

Premier Icon binners

What’s going on? Everton top and looking brilliant under Carlo. I couldn’t believe it when they got him in

And Leeds holding Citeh, which I had a few quid on at 6/1 😃

Premier Icon shortbread_fanylion

Lot of chat about Cavani heading to Utd. Still no centre half or left back though 🤷‍♂️.

Premier Icon Philby

Great game between Leeds and Man City – we are definitely back in the Premier League with exciting performances already against the two favourites for the title. I think we will have a big influence on who gets into the Champions League places and should easily cement our position in mid table if our performances continue in the same manner! MOT ALAW

Premier Icon binners

Lot of chat about Cavani heading to Utd

We all know how this goes at United. We’re signing Sancho. We’re signing Dembele. We’re signing Cavani. Ronnie is coming back. We’re signing Messi. We’re signing Bale.

In the end, Dan James turns up from Swansea.

Same old, sale old. It ceased to be funny a long time ago

Woodward is a ****ing muppet! How on earth that idiot is still taking us through the same tired all routine once again defies belief. It’s embarrassing

Premier Icon grum
    Free Member

Too late to edit binners, looks like they did actually manage to sign Cavani. 🙂

Did anyone see Pep’s press conference after the Leeds game? He really doesn’t seem to care any more.

Premier Icon weeksy

Without being to cocky, i’m not sure a 33 year old who was let go is the answer. Sure he was class and will score some goals without doubt, but he’s a bit older, slower, etc.

Premier Icon grum
    Free Member

Yeah it does seem a little desperate tbh

Premier Icon binners

It’s got a very familiar ring to it, I’m afraid.

It’s all over the press that it’s a done deal that the highest scoring striker in the Bundesliga is definitely on his way to Old Trafford, that all falls through due to the totally inept way Woodward conducts negotiations, then at the eleventh hour we sign a 33 year old on a free.

While he is (or was) a good player, it hardly suggests much ambition, or any form of long-term strategy, does it?

Still, I’m sure it’ll be good for replica kit sales. And that’s what matters.

Actually, what we need more than anything is a decent defence. It doesn’t look like we’ll be getting one

Looks like we’re destined to be fighting it out for those Europa league places again 🙄

Premier Icon DrJ
    Free Member

What’s going on? Everton top and looking brilliant under Carlo. I couldn’t believe it when they got him in

Hang on – you mean there are other teams apart from Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea? Maybe I need to read a different paper!

Premier Icon binners

Hang on – you mean there are other teams apart from Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea

Apparently so. Who knew?

That was a proper coup though. Everton getting Ancelotti in. And look how much better he’s made them already with a few shrewd buys.

With Leeds and Sheffield looking good, it’s going to be a bonkers season

I still can’t see past Liverpool, depressingly. Pep doesn’t seem particularly interested this season and there’s no-one else in it really

Premier Icon zippykona

Can someone keep David Moyes self isolated for the rest of the season?

Premier Icon muggomagic

Sheffield looking good

Not sure about that. They’ve looked pretty poor post lockdown and seem to be carrying that form through to this season.

Premier Icon martinhutch

Harry Maguire living up to the price tag again, I see.

Premier Icon grum
    Free Member

Probably poisoned by some made-up Albanians.

Premier Icon PiknMix

Can someone keep David Moyes self isolated for the rest of the season?

😂 I can’t believe what I’ve just seen, I get very few moments as a West Ham fan but all my mates live in Leicester. Today is a good day.

Premier Icon binners

That’s absolutely embarrassing from Lamela

Bloody stupid from Tony, but going down like that? Seriously?

Not like they needed to get anyone sent off, given the total shambles of our defence

Premier Icon MSP
    Free Member

What the **** is the point of var, if players can get away with acting like that.

Premier Icon grum
    Free Member

Should have been a yellow for both probably. This is pretty grim from Man U, surprisingly not even that enjoyable for me to see them implode at home like this to Mourinho.

Interesting article in The Athletic about VAR, apparently when they go to the pitch side monitor they have gone with the VAR recommendation every single time, and referees are instructed to go and watch the monitor to help ‘sell the decision’ to the players etc.

Premier Icon binners

This is an utter shitshow! We were bad enough with eleven men on the pitch.

That was disgusting from Lamela though

Premier Icon RichPenny

What the **** is the point of var, if players can get away with acting like that.

Doesn’t matter how he’s acted (although it’s 100% embarrassing), that’s a nailed on red. Original flapping by Lamela could have got him a yellow, but you can’t hit someone in the face.

Premier Icon MSP
    Free Member

FFS, are you seriously telling me you think that counts as hitting someone in the face? He was pushing him away and his fingers touched his face. It was more a gentle loving caress than any semblance of violent conduct.

Premier Icon jimdubleyou

I dunno, he was holding his jaw quite a lot. Looks like it could have been stronger than it looked 🤣🤣🤣

Premier Icon grum
    Free Member

It was a little slap in the face, which you can’t really do. It’s not exactly what you’d call violent conduct though.

Premier Icon binners

Harry Maguire is without doubt the most overrated, overpriced player in premiership history. He is beyond useless!

That he cost the same as Virgil Van Dyjk is a testimony to just how ****ing awful our recruitment has been.

And we’ve just signed a striker but no defenders

The club is a total ****ing shambles! It’s just embarrassing. Spurs could get into double figures here

Premier Icon RichPenny

FFS, are you seriously telling me you think that counts as hitting someone in the face?

Yep, can’t make deliberate contact with the face while the ball is nowhere near and expect to stay on the pitch. Yep, he’s only slapped him. Still not allowed.

“In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.”

Premier Icon grum
    Free Member

I think you could argue the force used was negligible.

Premier Icon RichPenny

It’s not exactly what you’d call violent conduct though.

In the laws of the game, it very precicely is violent conduct.

Premier Icon loum
    Free Member

That was a proper coup though. Spurs getting mourinhio in. And look how much better he’s made them already with a few shrewd buys.

5 goals, 7 goals, 5 goals…

And Maguire. Most expensive defender.

But yeah, it’s a spurs player that should be embarrassed.
    Right.

Premier Icon RichPenny

I think you could argue the force used was negligible.

You could try, but you’d still be sent off.

Premier Icon deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What the **** is the point of var,

To rob City of the title.

EDIT: And of course, the UCL.

Premier Icon binners

But yeah, it’s a spurs player that should be embarrassed.
    Right.

He should be ashamed of that kind of play-acting. Going down like he’d been clothes-lined

But since the start of this season there’s only one United player – Bruno – who looks fit to wear the shirt. Our defence has been absolutely nonexistent.

The club is a total shambles, run by complete idiots, and that’s reflected on the pitch in these woeful performances

I’m not sure this score line would be much deferent if we still had eleven men on the pitch

You’re absolutely right. It’s embarrassing! It’s pitiful!

Premier Icon weeksy

OK, so we’re assuming the upper levels of management are in a decent chunk to blame, but surely you’ve got to be laying some blame in with Ole GS too ?

Premier Icon MSP
    Free Member

Now that one should have been red.

Ole GS too

Ole is just another ex player, regurgitating the management techniques he learned under while playing without any clear philosophy or vision of his own.

Premier Icon grum
    Free Member

Ole has done fairly well but he was clearly never going to be the man to take them back to challenging for titles.

No idea how Luke Shaw didn’t get sent off just now.

Premier Icon jimdubleyou

Ok n normal times, the home fans would be streaming out by now…

Premier Icon binners

Shaw not getting sent off was a sympathy vote by the ref.

That was a straight red

Ok n normal times, the home fans would be streaming out by now

Nah… we’d have hung around to boo them off. And maybe organise a lynch mob for Ed Woodward. And rightfully so. Truly dismal!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 340 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.