Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 1,508 total)
  • Pandemic of soccerball season 2020/21
  • MSP

City, chelsea, spurs etc thought they were signing up to professional organisation, they were disappointed. Not sure that rings true, after all we have all seen Woodward’s professionalism over the past 10 years.

ElShalimo

Spurs won without Jose.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member
    twistedpencil

That’s what happens when you eat too much Quorn. I can Behrly believe it…

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Pretty serious charges.

Re ESL I see Ed Woodward fell on his sword and knew nothing of the plans until the last minute? Really?! Was this something just cooked up by the owners themselves?

Klunk
    Free Member

End of an era
    Hi. This is a note from tonight’s football editor:

Tom Rostance, your live texter this evening, is much too proud and professional to make a song and dance, but today is his last ever day with BBC Sport.

It’s almost exactly 10 years since Tom joined us, and since then he has brought to life World Cups, Champions League finals, Premier League moments and Olympic memories.

Most people in the country will have read Tom’s work – you’re reading it right now, so you’re in the majority.

In short, he is brilliant and we will miss him. He’s also nipped to the loo and doesn’t know I’m publishing this…

If you’d like to wish him well, use the usual #bbcfootball or text on 81111.

Good luck Tom!

ElShalimo

Anyone watching PSG v Citeh?

City have been great in the 2nd half

MSP

So happy with that result, probably should have got a 3rd. I was worrying at the end of the first half but a top class performance in the 2nd. Still work to do in the next leg mind, this game isn’t over yet.

Caher

Anyone watching PSG v Citeh?

City have been great in the 2nd half

Yep, most of it. Good game and welcome fare after me ride.

iancity1
    Free Member

cracking game, being the eternal pessimistic City fan a third at the end would have been helpful!

Caher

Loving the kevin de bruyne post match interview. Brings a new level of misery that would embarrass Morrissey.

Philby

Both Real v Chelsea and PSG v City have been great to watch as a neutral. Maybe the ESL thing was a good idea after all 😏

binners

That was an absolute masterclass from Cavani in the second half. Ole beat his semi-final curse in style 😃

If we can turn up before half-time at some point, that’d be nice

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Credit to Ole, he’s really turned things round. Should be a good title race next season!

MSP

I see managers are rushing to extend contracts or move to other clubs at the slightest hint that spurs might come calling.

Klunk
    Free Member
    binners

Looks like it’s all going off, big time. I reckon they’re all scousers trying to get the match stopped 😉

Fair play to ‘em though. This did make me laugh

Twitter is coming up trumps:

martinhutch

United fans will do anything to stop City getting handed the title at OT.

binners

Donny van de Beek is currently holding a can of Stella and setting off a red flare at the Stretford End.

Stats show he’s now quadrupled his total minutes on the pitch this season…

🙂

binners

Graeme Souness really is a total ****!

martinhutch

Any particular reason, or just a regular update on the ongoing Souness situation?

binners

He’s on Sky now, defending the Glazers and the club owners who are all held in such high esteem after the shenanigans of the last few weeks.

Obviously, he’s reading the room well. Is he after Ed’s job?

I think Gary Neville might be about to punch him.

binners

grum
    Free Member

Forfeit the game and 0-3 to Liverpool is it?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Postponed? Forfeit is the right option, fan disorder, however justified. Losing the three points would maybe make things clearer to the Glazers too.

Souness has a point. It’s taken 16 years to get to direct action, not just waving some scarfs and chanting a bit.

binners

Souness wouldn’t know a point if it was giving him a ****ing lapdance

The only thing he seems to be saying is that the clubs owners can do what the **** they like and the fans should just suck it up.

It’s obvious he doesn’t even have the most cursory understanding of what’s gone on at Old Trafford over the last 16 years

martinhutch

United turning on their own, again.

binners

Forfeit the game and 0-3 to Liverpool is it?

The Premier League has just issued a statement saying there will be a severe penalty for the pitch invasion at Old Trafford

Bruno Fernandes will take it

😃

ElShalimo

Are those Utd fans still in Old Trafford? It’s a long drive home to Surrey, Singapore and Stockholm. I’m worried about them.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Boom! You’re on fire ElShalimo!

ElShalimo

Sorry, I forgot Salford

MSP

Roma have appointed Mourinho, I struggle to see the logic of anyone employing him as a manager anymore.

binners

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Roma have appointed Mourinho, I struggle to see the logic of anyone employing him as a manager anymore.

Really makes no sense. When he came to Spurs, I was fooled into thinking he may have changed his ways given he had nearly a year out of the game to study where it went wrong, and also hired a new youthful coaching team including Sacramento.

As bad as we were, he still overachieved at Tottenham thanks to Kane & Son’s largely superb finishing, and the relative mediocrity of our rivals. In a normal season we would have performed far worse.

And on the back of that he’s walked into another job after 2 weeks?

MSP

He has made more money being sacked than most people can ever dream of, I am starting to think that is now his plan all along.

grum
    Free Member

He’s not even part of the British Manager’s Lunch Club ‘Destroy and Exit’ plan.

Can someone explain to me why Man Utd don’t seem to be getting any kind of sanction for Sunday’s antics? Surely they should be getting points docked at least.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Unless the docked points removes Champion League football what is the point. A serious fine and or a serous number of games behind closed doors when crowds are back would hit the Glazers better!?!?

loum
    Free Member

Can someone explain to me why Man Utd don’t seem to be getting any kind of sanction for Sunday’s antics? Surely they should be getting points docked at least.

Premier League/ Sky sports cartel support the protests. Even encouraged them.
    Euro Super League threatened their pie.

binners

Surely they should be getting points docked at least.

You’ll still finish 8th

😛

grum
    Free Member

And you’ll still have won nothing (except a tin pot cup if you’re lucky). Doesn’t change the fact they should be getting punished though, they are responsible for security and they totally shat it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 1,508 total)

The topic ‘Pandemic of soccerball season 2020/21’ is closed to new replies.