Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 1,508 total)
  • Pandemic of soccerball season 2020/21
  • MSP

I hadn’t seen until today that the killing of Dalian Atkinson had resulted in a murder charge for the police officer who killed him. The evidence presented is quite horrific.

MSP

Fantastic result, and a real team performance, I don’t think any individual could be picked out for a man of the match performance, everyone put in a shift.

ElShalimo

Great player on his day. Poor guy

City put on a good display tonight.

Cletus

Pretty ironic that a Liverpool fan is calling for sanctions against a club for fan behaviour.

Based on that position guess Grum will agree that Liverpool should have been removed from the Champions League on  for the attacks on coaches carrying opposition teams? Those attacks are just the latest in a string of shameful incidents going back decades that have involved Liverpool in Europe.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

What a player Foden is already – Pep has handled him and his development superbly when many pundits were calling for him to play more over the last couple of seasons or go out on loan.

grum
    Free Member

@Cletus

Whataboutery. Two can play at that game.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/the-night-manchester-united-brought-hooliganism-to-france/1uvckq7od83j0zk9rpl2xcaev

Also, I don’t think clubs are considered to be directly responsible for what happens outside the ground, but they are responsible for safety inside the stadium.

Nice try though 👍

binners

Don’t be daft @cletus. Thats not hooliganism. Throwing house bricks at opposition coaches is all part of the grand tradition we’re endlessly told about that make European nights at Anfield so magical and the club and their fans so special. #YNWA

But, yeah… maybe people in glass houses shouldn’t be wanging half-knackers around.

In other news, The glazers apology and their promise to ‘engage with the fans’ has started well…

I’m just appalled that our club is owned by a man who despite being bald, seems to be attempting to grow a mullet

binners

What a player Foden is already – Pep has handled him and his development superbly when many pundits were calling for him to play more over the last couple of seasons or go out on loan.

As a United fan, I hate to say it, but he’s unreal already. He’s going to be absolutely world class. And every player seems to improve under Pep.

But Fodens progression as a player has got ‘scoring the winner in the Champions League final’ written all over it

stcolin
    Free Member

That second goal from City last night was a joy to watch.

PSG are everything I hate about modern football. I can’t stand Neymar JR.

ElShalimo

Guillem Balague, who is normally an excellent and likeable journalist, called the reaction to Neymar et al as Northern European Sanctimony:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56800034

I’m so happy Citeh put PSG out.

MSP

The thing last night as well was that due to the play acting and harassment of the ref by the psg players, he put up a barrier to their antics and they probably ended up getting less fouls and freekicks awarded than they actually deserved.

City were more largely reserved in their approach to the ref and Foden again rode some tackles that would have had Neymar cartwheeling down the pitch in screams of agony, but when De Maria kicked out Fernandinho exaggerated the reaction massively, it worked because he hadn’t spent the whole match diving.

Neymar always takes the foul, even when he is in a strong position and has the skill to create something better.

binners

The thing last night as well was that due to the play acting and harassment of the ref by the psg players, he put up a barrier to their antics and they probably ended up getting less fouls and freekicks awarded than they actually deserved.

Do you not remember Neymar at the last world cup? When Brazil went out 2-1 to Belgium, he’d just had what was actually a penalty waved away by the ref because he’d spent the whole game prior to that throwing himself in the air like Tom Daley every time anyone came near him

Poetic justice.

martinhutch

called the reaction to Neymar et al as Northern European Sanctimony:

He compares him to Messi, who is hero-worshipped around Europe, despite coming from…err

Maybe it’s just that people recognise that Neymar is a bit of a ****?

sobriety
    Free Member

I saw the headline of this bbc article

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56800034

“Neymar: Is Paris St-Germain’s forward a magical talent or preening prima donna?”

And my initial respone was “why can’t he be both?”

grum
    Free Member

Definitely both imo. It was funny but also quite ridiculous when he got booked for showboating.

Caher

The screaming and howling from the Real players on a slight tackle is utterly pathetic. No idea why this is not clamped down on.

ElShalimo

You sanctimonious northern……

MSP

Madrid need a rebuild that they can’t afford, too many ageing players that can’t quite hit the levels they held a couple of years ago.

Before the super league fiasco I could see Madid buying Mbappe and Barca buying Harland this summer and uefa scrapping FFP, cause you couldn’t have it affecting the Spanish giants. But now they have shat in their own beds, and lost the hypnotic affect they had on the authorities, or at least I hope so.

ElShalimo

Even with probably the best midfield 3 in the world, they looked poor tonight. Chelsea could have had a bag full.

It’s great to see Ramos lose.

binners

Considering this was a pretty much done deal before kick off, this has been a great game.

ElShalimo

@binners – you’re such a closet Goonner 😉

binners

I’m genuinely shocked we won’t be meeting them in the final! 😉

Did you see Cavani’s first goal? I hope he sticks around next season. He’s awesome! But it was great play all round. Great touch from Bruno

ElShalimo

He’s done that his whole career.

I think that kind of shot is technically known as a “ThunderBastard”

binners

😂

A proper missile! His work rate is unreal. He even took the time to have a kick off! You’re a brave man to square up to him. Ole hooked him off before he punched somebody 😃

dirtyrider
    Free Member

you’ve proper lucked out with players in their “twilight” who no one wants in recent years,

Larsson, Ibrahimovic, Cavani

Ronaldo for a swan song?

ElShalimo

What amazed me was that when he was frequently playing like that for Napoli he was in his early 20s. He’s been around a long time

I’m still not sure if he’s Tarzan or D’Artagnan

binners

Ronaldo for a swan song?

How about Aguero? 😂

I still can’t believe City are letting him go

Caher

How about Aguero? 😂

I still can’t believe City are letting him go

Mad decision by Pep but I reckon he’ll still be in the premier League next season.

MSP

City must have an agreement in place for his replacement that they are just waiting to announce, otherwise not giving him another year does look crazy. Could be financial, losing silva last year and Aguero this removes 2 x probably 250k a week wages. That frees up a chunk of money to make an offer for Harland or Kane, although I suspect both will still be too expensive.

binners

Spursy

‘Big Six’?

Yeah, right.

I bet Kanes agent is on the phone to Pep and anyone else who’ll listen

Caher

Spursy

‘Big Six’?

Yeah, right.

i was just thinking that myself watching the game. 40 years ago few teams in the world were bigger than Leeds certainly not Tottenham.
    Good game today – fun to watch and not dirty anymore.

MoreCashThanDash

Jnr is a Derby fan – rather exciting in the house

the-muffin-man

I’ll confess I’m not an obsessive Derby fan, but as Derbyshire lad I’ve been to a fair few games over the years and I was kind of hoping they’d go down. The whole club needs a rocket up it’s arse. Too much complacency, and too much ‘we’re a big club’ mentality based on a few good years in the 70’s!

A ground-up rebuild is what’s needed and all we’ll get now is the same players with no fight hanging on to their cushty deals. And Rooney needs sacking on Monday morning.

binners

Good game today – fun to watch and not dirty anymore.

Leeds are a fantastic team to watch. They’re a proper quality squad. They fully deserved the win against Spurs today

In other news: the rumours doing the rounds are Kane going to Chelski. That should go down well

ElShalimo

How did you keep a straight face saying that what with you being a ManYooo fan?

😉

PMK2060

Rotherham fan here. Gutted not to stay up having been the best side all game. Missed too many chances in too many games.

binners

The animosity between us and Leeds isn’t what it was. I’m sure that will change ones there’s fans back in the ground though. I bet GMP are relishing that. 😃

When we’ve played them this season, one was one of the best games of the season: the bonkers 6-2, and the other one was an absolutely awful, tedious nil nil

MSP

Unfortunately Sergio giving a glimpse of why city are letting him go, that was the worst penalty I can recall seeing, in a team with a reputation for missing penalties he has secured a new achievement. I love him for what he has done in the past, but winning is a brutal business and sometimes past greats have to move on.

imnotverygood

Aguerrrooooo oh

Philby

Another superb performance from Leeds against another of the treacherous ESL clubs. We’ve now taken points of all 6 of them including the amazing away win against Man City. Thought it was a much better game than the City – Chelsea clash which really disappointed considering City could have put the title to bed, but Pep played his 2nd 11. Aguero being a bit of a prima donna with his reaction to Sterling saving his blushes with his mid-kick with the goal open, and then that comical penalty which cost them the game.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 1,508 total)

The topic ‘Pandemic of soccerball season 2020/21’ is closed to new replies.