Home Forums News NBD: Starling Beady Little Eye, Carbon Wasp Truffle-120, Norco Sight VLT

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • NBD: Starling Beady Little Eye, Carbon Wasp Truffle-120, Norco Sight VLT
  • Ben_Haworth

A quick mop-up of a trio of the most interesting new bikes to land in our collective inbox this past few days. Something for everyone in this dirty tr …

By ben_haworth

Get the full story here:

NBD: Starling Beady Little Eye, Carbon Wasp Truffle-120, Norco Sight VLT

tomhoward

Love the idea of the Beady Liitle Eye, just don’t have the legs for it :-(

The Truffle will be a proper weapon too.

hardtailonly

Also love the idea of a Beady Little Eye, love having a SS HT, and the BLE looks brilliant fun.

Carbon Wasp are local to me, I visited a year or so ago when looking to buy a new Carbon FS. At the time me, they’d a prototype of a longer travel trail bike (140/150) that I had a quick go on, rode really well. In the end, went for a Bird Aeris AM full build but I really liked what Carbon Wasp were doing.

In an ideal world, there’d be a place in my life for both of these bikes/frames, but fairly certain I don’t have £6k loose change down the back of the sofa!

citizenlee
    Free Member

Love the idea of the Beady Liitle Eye, just don’t have the legs for it :-(

My thoughts too! Looks like a very fun bike though.

I’d be happy to sling a leg over the other two bikes as well.

mashr

Would happily replace my hardtail with a geared version of the BDE (Ignoring cost. Yes I am aware the Mini Murmur exists. Also ignoring that it might pedal like a pig.)

ayjaydoubleyou

The chain line is offset from the pivot, meaning you run zero sag to stop the pedal bob. That means hardtail geo, a super low BB, on-rails cornering.

can anyone explain this bit? how do you run zero sag on a standard shock? (ignoring the weird bikes like the Epic WC)

I would understand running it stiff and having a linear curve, would probbaly make it ride like a ~120mm bike but more active at the top.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.