Viewing 40 posts - 5,201 through 5,240 (of 6,928 total)
  • My dear old things, it's STW TMS!
  • dannyh
    Free Member

I’m not sure even Kohli is enough of an arsehole to ostracise him just for that, but I may be wrong.

Ashwin himself has looked a sulky, petulant individual many times in the past too.

Perhaps it is basically a dick measuring thing between them.

grum
    Free Member

I’ve also seen speculation it might relate to people being annoyed by him leaving the IPL halfway through then playing for Surrey. Who knows.

joelowden

Excellent bowling this morning.

Klunk
    Free Member

chaos

Klunk
    Free Member

2 day test ?

grum
    Free Member

Cripes. Need Root to bail us out yet again!

Klunk
    Free Member

cock!

grum
    Free Member

Yup it’s pretty evenly poised now I would say. Looking at what we have to come a collapse is very possible. Good match anyway!

spacemonkey

2 more wickets gone already.

All aboard for what looks to be another rollercoaster day.

dannyh
    Free Member

Also, it needs reiterating that the ball that Umesh dismissed Root with was a jaffa.

Klunk
    Free Member

come on Moeen, a classy ton here will win this!

Klunk
    Free Member

bloody muppet

yetidave
    Free Member

come on Moeen, a classy ton here will win this!

nope

bloody muppet

yup

grum
    Free Member

He was looking good as well

dannyh
    Free Member

It’s only day two, lads, FFS.

Two recognised capable batsmen in. Play properly, accumulate with as little risk as possible. Just get as much of a lead as possible, time is not an issue.

Play properly. Play each ball on its merit. There is no need for heroics right now.

yetidave
    Free Member

Play properly. Play each ball on its merit. There is no need for heroics right now.

the England team didn’t get your message unfortunately.

grum
    Free Member

Why on earth hasn’t Woakes been in the team this year up until now? In home tests at least his bowling is great and his batting extremely useful.

Houns

Jimmy gets his 100th not out!

Scratch that, Zaltz got it wrong 😂

lunge

Why on earth hasn’t Woakes been in the team this year up until now?

He’s been injured.

grum
    Free Member

He’s been injured.

I didn’t think he was injured the whole time but perhaps he hasn’t been fit also.

mefty
    Free Member

He was at the IPL so not available for NZ tests I think, injured for India

grum
    Free Member

He was at the IPL so not available for NZ tests I think

😒

dannyh
    Free Member

Well, India have halved the deficit for no loss and may well.be turning this into a one innings game with England batting last. At least the pitch won’t become a recent Oval sandpit judging by how much it was watered pre-match.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Morning everybody! Have England any hope? I don’t think so – the Indian lower order could have a bit of thrash and we know what England are like chasing even a moderate total/trying to bat for a day.

theotherjonv

India strong favourites in my book.

But I’m 15 mins behind on Sky and really enjoying the discussion between Athers, Mark Butcher and Dean Wilson of the Daily Mirror talking about the decline of Afro Caribbean cricket in the UK. Also the documentary – part 3 today – being shown at lunchtimes, You Guys Are History

(that was a good day – I was on the way to an away game giving a lift to our SA overseas pro as Devon was ripping the Saffers a new one. Even on crackly LW radio version of TMS that was electric listening)

grum
    Free Member

If England could keep the lead down to 250 or so we’d at least have a game but that’s not looking at all likely at the moment.

dannyh
    Free Member

(that was a good day – I was on the way to an away game giving a lift to our SA overseas pro as Devon was ripping the Saffers a new one. Even on crackly LW radio version of TMS that was electric listening)

I was watching as an obsessed 16 year old. The first ball went past Gary Kirsten before he’d seen it and my Dad and I both sat up and said something to the effect of “Jesus CHRIST!”

I remember Craig Matthews walking in looking like a panicky draftee and leaving the field a couple of minutes later looking like a shell-shocked veteran. Cronje played what looked like a perfect forward defensive. Bat next to pad, bang on line and covering the stumps. The problem was that the ball had already gone through and shattered the wicket. To add insult to injury, Gooch and Hick then tonked Donald et al all over South London for an hour at the end of the day.

Devon Malcolm – the cricketing equivalent of a fragmentation bomb. The damage inflicted was usually significant but always random.

dannyh
    Free Member

If England could keep the lead down to 250 or so we’d at least have a game but that’s not looking at all likely at the moment.

Whatever happens, England will HAVE to get through the new ball at a max of one wicket down. Do that and it could be ‘on’, but England have ended up in a one innings game and having to bat on a fifth day pitch. Being 60 odd for five in the second innings of match is the cause, again.

dannyh
    Free Member

Rahane is out, and possibly out of Test cricket.

Now, Rishabh.

My bet is roll the first few back then tee off. Roll the dice, he could take this game away from England by lunch. I hope Kohli is telling him that.

theotherjonv

excellent work there Grum

It’s setting up really badly. Final day, gettable but challenging run chase, weather set fair, £10 on the door tickets….and a 25 minute train ride and a walk up the Harleyford Road.

And I’ve got four must not miss meetings tomorrow.

Wife reckons call in sick and go dressed as Big Bird*, or Bungle off Rainbow, something with an all over head.

*sesame street, not Joel Garner. Going blackface in whites with a West Indian cap would almost certainly get me on TV and not in a good way.

Last time this happened I knocked off at 12 and hotfooted up there to see Sir Alastair’s last knock. Missed the overthrows to see the hundred but heard the roar from outside. But was there to see him walk off, which was memorable.

theotherjonv

Devon Malcolm – fast, straight, control of length.

Pick any two…. except for one memorable day in South London

dannyh
    Free Member

Pace, accuracy and movement. Good bowlers have two, great bowlers have all three.

Devon Malcolm had one, but when it clicked it was incredible.

If you look at Devon’s 9-57 I can think of three or four that were not ‘good’ balls, but the force was with him. The balls to dismiss Rhodes, Richardson and Matthews should not have got Test match players out. But to hell with that – it was a ‘moment’ and Big Dev was in that moment.

Carnage.

dannyh
    Free Member

Kohli gone. That forces Rishabh’s hand.

spacemonkey

<optimistic>

If Burns and Hameed walk back out to the middle tomorrow morning then this really could be on.

<\optimistic>

Either way, this might last the full 5 days and give both sections of the crowd a crazy last session.

grum
    Free Member

If Burns and Hameed walk back out to the middle tomorrow morning then this really could be on.

🤬

lunge

Deep breath everyone. Good batting so far.

grum
    Free Member

Great start there from England. I still say they could go for the win if they don’t lose early wickets!

dannyh
    Free Member

It’s brewing up for a (hopefully) brilliant fifth day…

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Really hope they give it a go tomorrow, nothing fancy to begin with just keep the scoreboard ticking over, build pressure on the bowlers and fielders then go for it… I can dream

Viewing 40 posts - 5,201 through 5,240 (of 6,928 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.