Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 6,928 total)
  • My dear old things, it's STW TMS!
  • martinhutch

Digital you luddite and you get to avoid the SHipping forecast

What? Have you no Sole?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Crushed. Another test done in less than 3 days

aracer
    Free Member

Less than 2 days in terms of overs bowled. Not really good, whoever you might support.

drlex
    Free Member

The two games that SL played against the Counties prior didn’t bode well for the chances of it being a long match.

Klunk
    Free Member

tuffers on form this morning 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cooked.

😥

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Cricket or Andy Murray being grumpy over lunch? choices, choices

spacemonkey

Compton doing a Compton.

Let’s hope Root does a Root.

Klunk
    Free Member

Swan does a fantastic David Lloyd impression, though his Boycott is rubbish!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ask the Umpire in the lunch interval today. Radio perfection.

Klunk
    Free Member

wheels are coming off the Srilankan wagon !

Klunk
    Free Member

oh dear this is getting embarrassing 🙄

dannyh
    Free Member

Unfortunately the match has all the competitive edge of firing squad versus bloke tied to a chair.

This might ultimately do England a disservice. I don’t care how many 80s he gets against this lot, Hales is not a test opener as long he has a hole in his arse. Woakes is not a test class bowler, batsman or fielder. Finn is a shadow of his former self. Having said all that, sub in Wood for Finn and Stokes for Woakes and things look a lot better.

Compton seems determined to have as much of a mare as possible, he is unlikely to get a second knock in this match, so I think it might be curtains for him.

You can only beat what is in front of you, but beating this Sri Lanka team on pitches that they haven’t got a clue on is not proving anything.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Moeen Ali is perhaps the most elegant batsman since Gower. Glorious play watch.

dannyh
    Free Member

Mark Waugh might have something to say about that, but I see what you mean. It is like the word ‘languid’ was invented for him. Still disappointed at the amount of shit being talked on the C5 highlights. Simon (once played a bit for Middlesex and got twatted out of the park in a Lord’s final) Hughes talking about Anderson getting a wicket with swing when it was a wobble seamer that darted away.

scaredypants

Wonder how many day 3&4 tickets have been sold for the 3rd test ?

Scamper
    Free Member

Mark Waugh? Spent half of his career trying not to get dropped by the Australian selectors. Elegant but over rated.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

101 all out. Over today, I feel.

mefty
    Free Member

Wonder how many day 3&4 tickets have been sold for the 3rd test ?

Its at Lords which generally sells out Days 1-4

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Even for a traditionalist/old fart like me, I am starting to quite like these new cricket jerseys (on both sides)

My old one is very worn, not sure what to buy next?

dantsw13

I’ve got 2 tickets going spare for day 2 at Lords this Friday. Mount stand row 5. Face value £75 each, will sell the pair for £60 each. Email in profile.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Dan, looks like I’ll be going on Sunday. Assuming the match isn’t over by then!

mefty
    Free Member

Oh, I mucked up application this year so failed to get some tickets for friends, so these may get me back on the Xmas card list, are they still available?

dantsw13

They are. Assume it was your email I’ve just seen. I’ll give you a shout tonight.

dantsw13

CFH – lords in the sunshine – should be a 5 dayer!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

One can but hope!

Although, my last trip there was the Ashes last year, the day of the skittling. Was also there when England lost to the Netherlands in a T20. Am hoping I’m not a harbinger of doom.

mefty
    Free Member

One doesn’t go to Lords to see England win – probably our worst record is at Lords in the last few years.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The glorious murmuring of Lords.

Morning everybodeeeeeeee.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I want to be at Lords. Why aren’t I at Lords ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Waiting nervously for Sunday.

A wasted wicket there. Pressure back on Compton again now.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Has anyone noticed Hales’ weird eye bulge thing ? Hope you get some play Flashie, recent history suggests it’ll be over by then!

Stoner
    Free Member

Stephan Shemilt not holding back there on TMS text:

This is one of the worst shots you will ever see on the first morning of a Test match. The deck is flat, the sun is out, you are playing at Lord’s. Alex Hales has faced one ball from Rangana Herath then tried to hit him to Abbey Road. The ball is too wide for the slog sweep when you’re on 150*, let alone in the first session of the match. Edged, taken at slip. Brainless.

😀

Stoner
    Free Member

At the other end, Cook is the anti-Hales, watching carefully as Mathews slides the ball past off stump. To Cook, his wicket his priceless. Hales has just traded his for a bag of grapes and a shot at glory. Maiden. Are you watching, Alex?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Michael Vaughn tearing Compton apart on TMS

mefty
    Free Member

Kicking myself for not going today, but the weather is set fair for tomorrow – hopefully England can recover.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Buggeration on stilts!

Poor opening day here.

mefty
    Free Member

Thought Cook was well on his way to three figures – need a good performance from the strong tail to post decent total.

spacemonkey

A very poor day indeed. I’ll repeat my quote from the previous Test …

spacemonkey – Member
    Compton doing a Compton.

Can’t see him keeping his place against Pakistan.

aracer
    Free Member

The obvious question now England have more than 200 – should they enforce the follow on?

Klunk
    Free Member

boycotts mother in next with a stick of rhubarb! god he can be obnoxious ****.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 6,928 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.