Viewing 40 posts - 6,841 through 6,880 (of 6,928 total)
  • My dear old things, it's STW TMS!
  • simondbarnes

Well played!

drlex
    Free Member

well played, NED! Showed up Scotland, and now this historic victory.
    Gotta love the commitment of Roelof vdM – missed him in the Somerset T20 squad.

scuttler

Always assumed VdM was a South African (which he is). Is the Netherlands-SA connection what makes them a cricket nation, similar??? to the Wales-Argentina rugby connection?

mefty
    Free Member

Is the Netherlands-SA connection what makes them a cricket nation, similar???

Don’t think so I think it probably traveled across the North Sea directly. The club I played for was founded in the 1880s which makes it older than any Dutch hockey club.

simondbarnes

England are going to struggle to get 400 from 69/6!

scaredypants

Maybe if SA enforce a follow-on ?

Klunk
    Free Member

wheels have come off, looks like for good! 🙁

lunge

A few people asking, perhaps rightly, if Matthew Mott is a good coach, or if he just had the best players in the world working with him when in Oz.

johndoh
    Free Member

Ohhh joy.

convert

It’s a pretty spectacular decline. Maybe a confidence thing now. In hindsight, Stokes should have stayed retired and spent the time getting his knee sorted. If they’ve got any sense, he’ll go home now.

Not only will they not qualify, but a real danger of coming in the bottom 2 I’d have thought….

simondbarnes

That didn’t make good listening. Could have been worse if Sri Lanka had reviewed the first ball as well.

convert

Closing minutes of Aus V Afghanistan…. unbelievable listening.

simondbarnes

That was a **** bonkers innings by Maxwell. On one leg!

simondbarnes

Cummins scored 12 in a 202 run partnership 😲

johndoh
    Free Member

What was it at one point? 91 for 7? Crackers. Afghanistan were at 99% win probability at one point.

convert

Greatest one day innings of all time?

convert

Thread revival time….

Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Ollie Pope, Joe Root, Jonathan Bairstow, Ben Stokes, Ben Foakes, Rehan Ahmed, Tom Hartley, Mark Wood, Jack Leach

That is one funky looking team. 3 spinners, Woods and a spinning part timer in Root. If Stokes could bowl maybe but as he can’t that looks…..interesting.

And no TMS this series – or any India series for the foreseeable! I just can’t get any love for Talksport. And Mark Chapman hosting the TMS podcast – what is the world coming to.

fasgadh
    Free Member

Very annoying. Cannot abide talksport. For a few blessed years it was as if they had gone away.
    Mind I know who Regus is.

Will be following on text again I think

joe-m

yeah I’ll be following on cricinfo talksport is just grim to listen too.

ransos
    Free Member

Wood as the only quick is a huge call, considering his injury record.

lunge

Agree with all the above.
    Wood is a brave call for the only seamer, they must think he’s in really good shape or that Stokes can bowl a bit if needed.
    TalkSport is also a hard no from me, can’t it and it means I’ll likely barely follow the tests. It’s just not test cricket without Aggers, Isha and the rest of that team.

simondbarnes

Talk Sport can get ****. I’ll be following on the bbc website.

pk13

Sadly on TNT sport no tms is just wrong even if they used the live feed and broadcast from the UK like the F1 did with Murray walker sometimes.
    Talk sport is a huge no

nicko74

Talksport doing tests takes me back 20+ years to the 2001(?) India tour, where I think England drew the ODI series. It’ll be interesting to hear Talksport’s current cricket commentary

mrpaul
    Free Member

I’m not going to be listening to Talk Sport. For live commentary Guerilla Cricket is where I’ll be https://www.guerillacricket.com/

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Talksport not as bad as I remember. Listening on the app and not had any adverts so that helps, although I’m sure there will be some. I’m not a fan of Aggers now, he’s had his day and Simon Mann can get in the bin too. Also find it hard to listen to Michael Vaughan, wouldn’t be surprised if he turned up on GB news.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

And Root and Bairstow have steadied the boat.

ransos
    Free Member

Woke up, checked the score. Oh dear.

dantsw13

Some BIG spin on day 1…….. Uneven spin and uneven bounce. We have a very inexperienced bowling attack though. We have needed to bring in fresh players and move the squad forward for a while I think.

pk13

That strip has been primed for spin

dantsw13

Big if, but if we get 250+ it’s game on.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Stokes starting to wind it up.

heavy_rat
    Free Member

Not sure where the wickets are going to come from 

Klunk
    Free Member

Stokes starting to wind it up.

so are india 😕

nicko74

Ooof, England incredibly fortunate to make it to 246, from 155-6 and looking shambolic. Stokes once again having to pull their collective arses out of the fire.
    And I’m not minding the commentary tbh, it’s fairly inoffensive. It sounded like Darren Gough was on duty this morning(?)

Klunk
    Free Member

staring down the barrel of an innings defeat unless they find some quick wickets.

dantsw13

The gulf in class between these 2 teams is being pretty cruelly exposed in this game.

nicko74

Bazball is entertaining when it works, but there does also need to be some basic coaching of how to bat, how to play the pitch, and when not to play a stroke. It seems to have been lost in the fun and games of “oooh, just hit it hard!”

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s the hope that kills you 😕

theotherjonv

The gulf in class between these 2 teams when playing on turning sub-continent wickets is being pretty cruelly exposed in this game.

FTFY

Pound for pound India are a better team, but England don’t play on these surfaces often and that’s what’s being cruelly exposed with both bat and ball.

Viewing 40 posts - 6,841 through 6,880 (of 6,928 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.