Viewing 40 posts - 4,081 through 4,120 (of 4,183 total)
  • My dear old things, it's STW TMS!
  • That’s the spirit!

🙂

Ever the optimist, me. Just a hunch based on England’s usual first test abroad performance! Although they’ve made a solid start…..

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

and continued it through the day too. See through the second new ball tonight and then kick on…..

A day late, but the collapse is on!

Oh. That’s not gone well.

I smell 2-0 to the Black Caps!

And it looks like Warner’s enjoying himself again, away from Broad.

nicko74

This is pathetic from England. I guess the habits instilled by the previous coaching regime will take a while to be replaced by proper Test match discipline…

Happy Christmas!

Have a present.

Premier Icon howsyourdad1
    Subscriber

cheers flashy, brilliant!

Merry christmas!

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/dec/24/the-spin-test-team-of-the-decade-cricket

Premier Icon Houns
    Subscriber

Oh Jimmy Jimmy!

Morning everyone….. Well I was looking forward to have a lazy day listening to TMS but they’re not covering it (only via the cricket social) anyone know what radio service is covering it live?

Premier Icon Houns
    Subscriber
    Subscriber

Sky on here. Glad TMS isnt on, Geoffrey and my Mother in law may make me combust.

Subscriber

i assume the armbands are for RGD Willis, not Ben Stokes’ Dad?

[edit] they just said he’s improved overnight (BS dad, not RGD…..)

Premier Icon TomB
    Subscriber

Seems odd to bowl first, especially as half the quick shave been ill and it’s going to be 35 degrees!

Premier Icon simondbarnes
    Subscriber

SA 2 down early on but can’t afford to let them score too many more the way England collapse so readily.

Subscriber

29-3. Interesting.

Subscriber

62-4

Klunk

24 wickets in the first 2 days :/

Has anybody heard what the thinking behind bowling first was?

Premier Icon sheck
    Subscriber

Not sure it involved much thinking!

Arrogance. Thinking they’re better than they actually are. Root just seems to get most big calls wrong.

Premier Icon slackalice
    Subscriber

As a glass half full kinda guy I’m actually feeling there’s a chance England could do this…

Starting the day at 121-1, Burns set on 77no, Denly has been in fine touch. I mean, what could possibly go wrong? Apart from a bit of v & d?

Subscriber

From The Granuiad

” Today should be England’s last day of cricket in 2019 – a year that has included a World Cup victory in whateverthehellthatfinalwas, a Headingley miracle, Test match scores of 67, 77 and 85 all out, the emergence of Jofra Archer and so much more. I suppose it’s only fair that they put us through this addictive wringer one last time”

Should be interesting whatever happens!

edit: here we go!

Premier Icon dannyh
    Subscriber

Bowling first in this match is an absolute howler.

We are back to the old problem here, Archer aside (I will come back to him) England lack pace on hard pitches with a Kookaburra ball. Root is also over-bowling Archer, although in this area he has little choice. What England also need is a decent spinner. Sure a world-beater who can turn the ball square would be great, but almost as good would be an old school boring spinner who can bowl negatively to tight fields. They would be able to get through the overs, tie batsman down, give the quicks a rest and force the odd mistake. If they knew which end of a bat to hold, that would be an advantage too.

Premier Icon dannyh
    Subscriber

By the way.

I am struggling to find any highlights anywhere and am reduced to Sky five to seven minute jobs on YouTube. Are there any?

dantsw13

Nice to see England have decided that “Test Match Batting” is the way to go in a Test Match !!

Klunk

a bit of a battering england are dishing out now !!

Klunk

5 down again !

Premier Icon lunge
    Subscriber

Stokes!!!!!!

Premier Icon Houns
    Subscriber

Good ending this

Premier Icon Houns
    Subscriber

*ripples politely

Premier Icon lunge
    Subscriber

Awesome stuff. You really can’t beat test cricket.

Subscriber

Anyone suggesting 4 day tests should have their brains remapped to remove days like this from it.

johndoh

Never in doubt.

Sort of.

Premier Icon convert
    Subscriber

Really can’t see the argument for 4 day tests. Apparently for player workload and scheduling. But in reality most test now finishing in 4 or fewer days. Having 5 days tests means the players mostly get built in R&R (a good thing) most tests and when it does go to 5 you get days like today. Also the number of tests that end in 4 because the team batting 4th are faced with an unrealistic amount of time to survive so go ‘do or die’. If it was only a 4 day match I’m sure they would go conservative and attempt to bat out for a draw.

Klunk

openers have put on 50 without loss, #shocked

Klunk

i need to lie down!

Subscriber

Bully boy Stokes is off. So is Rababada. Seems harsh

Klunk

ton up for stokes 450+ looks a possibility

Premier Icon lunge
    Subscriber

This is looking for a good innings, nice to see everyone in double figures for once.

Viewing 40 posts - 4,081 through 4,120 (of 4,183 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.