Viewing 40 posts - 4,041 through 4,080 (of 6,928 total)
  • My dear old things, it's STW TMS!
  • bearnecessities

This is good.

lunge

It really is, finish if before the end of play and we’re in the game.

Houns

Why was Woakes under-bowled and left out

martinhutch

There’s something you don’t see often.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Been under used all series in my view – but rumoured not to be fully fit?

boxelder

Smith is now Woake’s bunny – 75% of recent dismissals isn’t it? 😄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Magnificent.

lister

I did chuckle when I saw that on the highlights!

theotherjonv

anyone hear that nice Mr Gower just now? I wonder who his comment was directed at?

Klunk
    Free Member

Broad’s bunny.

David Warner ends the series with 95 runs at an average of 9.5.

couldn’t happen to a nicer chap more odious gobshite. He’s going to have to learn how to play round the wicket right arm bowling from now on or he’s finished as a player.

scuttler

Dontcha just love Jim Maxwell.

martinhutch

That’ll teach me to go for my dinner.

Houns

Think that’s a fair result. Shame England couldn’t play like that from the start

senorj

I have to confess I’m selfishly,slightly gutted.I was hoping they would play tomorrow and I could phone one in and pop down early for a cheap ticket. Done it before at lords and had a grand day out .

Klunk
    Free Member

Shame England couldn’t play get Smith out like that from the start

fify 🙂

Houns

Bah and now the end of TMS blues kick in. I’ve listened to every match broadcast on TMS this spring/summer/early autumn. Only 2 months to wait until the NZ tour

cheers_drive

Yep, I’m feeling melancholic now summer is truly over.

rogermoore

Just been reading about the 1st phase of the draft for The Hundred – anyone else baffled as chuff? We’ve got Ben Stokes, Adil Rashid and David Willey in the mens pick but as to how/when/why etc. I’m lost.

Also extremely disappointed about our sponsors too. I had to google ‘Popchips’. Very jealous of Trent Rockets and Welsh Fire.

Linky

RM.

mefty
    Free Member

anyone else baffled as chuff?

Puts hand up, Stokes I think is a choice from the Test player bucket, so Root ends up at Notts and Bairstow, despite not being selected for the latest Test series, is in Wales. But I could be wrong! I presume all the brands are owned by one conglomerate and they have distributed them to coincide with the colour of strips, but who knows.

rogermoore

Hmm, read this: write up.
    Looked at this:
    null
    Seems to make a bit more sense now, so the next draft will be in turn from all other players not picked so far from any county and overseas (max overseas 3 per area) in line with the salary bands the teams have left and what the players have put as reserves on themselves.
    RM.

drlex
    Free Member

It’s all a bit bobbins, but then the ECB are aiming this at kids & non-cricket fans, so that’s fine. I just feel sad that there’ll be no local T20 competition, and that by dropping 10 teams and venues, plus having overseas coaches, a lot of professional players will miss out on earning a decent fee over the period, as will the non-hosting grounds.

ads678

Yeah, the test players on central contacts get picked first and teams get to pick from players that are from their catchment area, the Leeds based teams catchment is Yorkshire and Durham so got to choose from Stokes, Root and Bairstow. Obvs Stokes is a no brainer for this format though. Teams without players in their catchment area get to pick from the leftovers.

Then other England players (I think) get picked. Players not on central contracts get to choose their own salary band and teams can choose to pick them on this band if they’re think they are worth it.

Next phase is for non England cricketers from around the world to be picked.

Anderson and Broad didn’t get picked.

rogermoore

I just feel sad that there’ll be no local T20 competition

I thought the T20 Blast was going ahead as usual?
    RM.

mefty
    Free Member

I just feel sad that there’ll be no local T20 competition

The Blast will still happen, though it may struggle to market itself with this competition

drlex
    Free Member

Ah – thanks for making me check. It looks like this new format will take place during the 50 over “season” in July & August, and the T20 blast continues, although over an unspecified period.

frankconway

ads678^^^ I thought Anderson and Broad had opted to mentor their locally based teams – Anderson for Manchester Originals and Broad to the Trent Rockets.

dantsw13

Kirsten in ECB talks to replace Baylis. If he could open for us that would be perfect !!

rogermoore
    dantsw13

Silverwood named as New England head coach.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    dantsw13

Maybe the SCB can sue……

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oops.

Klunk
    Free Member

I only just noticed the team names for this 100-100 rubbish. It’s like the worst video game imaginable.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Now Scotland have lost to Namibia as well!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

242 to win for NZ.

Napier is such a lovely ground.

Houns

Nice to listen to some of it live

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Collapse happening here!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

just tuning in

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Good evening, everybodeeeee

England win the toss and bat first.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

All out by mid afternoon.

Viewing 40 posts - 4,041 through 4,080 (of 6,928 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.