Home Forums Bike Forum MTB Long Trousers

• This topic has 85 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by benp1.
Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • MTB Long Trousers
  • Lummox

@dc1988

With those measurements you might be better looking at the keela scuffers or roadrunner, I’m 6’5” and have the scuffer in long leg, fit with a nice bit of extra length so they don’t ride up when peddling.

bruneep

scotroutes wrote:

I’ve used the Keela Roadrunners a couple of times (including last nights bivvy). Not too baggy, stretchy, cuff fasteners to stop flapping. I like them.

Got a pair of Roadrunners today Initial cycle around street they seem good, enough room for pads to be worn underneath with the shaped knee area . Have scuffers for work and really like them Keela quality seems much better than Endura. A proper ride will only tell, given it was a balmy 12c here today I’ll be back in shorts next ride.

bruneep

1st ride today a resounding thumbs up from me for the Keela Roadrunners. No rustling, enough stretch for pads under trousers and very comfortable.

null

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I got a pair of mountaineering trousers from Decathlon, £40: https://www.decathlon.co.uk/mens-light-alpi-trousers-grey-id_8495174.html

Stretchy, surprisingly waterproof and seem to be abrasion resistant – have aramid in them.

molgrips
    Free Member

@bruneep how much room in those? I have a large arse and thighs to match so there is often very little room in the thigh department. Not bothered about knees as I don’t wear pads.

fatbikedog

Following a review in singletrack I spent a lot of money on some Ion Shelter pants. For the price they are un impressive. They are well made but the sizing is way out even for my lanky proportions. The medium that I first ordered were too small in all directions. I now have large but they are fully tightened on the waist and still not really long enough. They constantly fall down at the back. Although not sold as waterproof they were quickly soaked after a light shower. I have improved this by reproofing them myself. All this for £135. Still a do now like the idea of pants/trousers. Next winter I shall lash out on a dirtje one peice, I hear nothing but good about them. Styling is a bit suspect though.

bruneep

@molgrips not enough room for both of us in there thats for sure.

They are shaped at the knees which helps with cycling. Other than that they fit me well material is stretchy but not to baggy they have various leg lengths to suit dwarfs to giants.

Without knowing your athletic shape its hard to advise, post up a pic so we can mock advise. If you order a pair online, the worst is it would cost you return postage if they didn’t fit

benp1

I ordered mine on amazon. Free returns

I sized up for comfier fit on my thighs. Long length is long and being stretchy they don’t ride up when you squat

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘MTB Long Trousers’ is closed to new replies.