Home Forums Chat Forum Motorway Exit Sliproad

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Motorway Exit Sliproad
  • BIGMAN
    Free Member

I wondered if the collective could clarify something for me. I left a motorway at 50mph earlier as there was some slow traffic infront of me. Once on the slip road which is a quarter of a mile long and leads to a round about the slip road splits into 2 lanes. The car infront drops to  30 and is a BMW X1. I indicate and move into right hand lane passing the BMW, as I am parallel he indicates and brakes hard then pulls out behind me. There is no other traffic on the slip road. As I reach the top of the slip road I remember there is road works should I turn right so moved back into the left hand lane having indicated.

The BMW then does the same manoeuvre and then follows me for a couple of miles. At no point was I speeding as I don’t and I am always pleasant to other road users.

I don’t believe there was anything wrong with my manoeuvre. Is it just coincidence they followed me or do you think it was another road user unhappy with what I had done? Have I passed an uncertain road user or should my manoeuvre have been different?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The other driver is a <insert choice word here> with anger management issues?

Thats about it really

parkesie
    Free Member

Maybe they were intrigued as to what the flashing orange lights were?

cbike
    Free Member

Sat Nav in the beemer?   “Be in the right lane”

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses! I was concerned i’d done something wrong.

When they 1st started following me I thought it may have been an unmarked police car. I would assume had it been the police they would have stopped me.

bsims
    Free Member

How dare you over take him, he owns the road. Keep that in mind for the future.

garage-dweller

Could simply be someone who is confused, incompetent or alternatively a bit of a cretin with a persecution complex.

Doesn’t sound to me like you did anything blatantly antagonistic and slowing to 30mph on a long motorway slip road too soon is asking for a rear ending (in the context that people will not expect it and people are stupid/slow to react) and could be discourteous as it will cause bunching and rapid slowing by exiting traffic that could ripple back to the main carriageway.

Forget and move on.

project
    Free Member

you overtook a bmw and used your indicators then slowed down and used youre indicators again.

Obviously you where trying to shame the driver

bikebouy
    Free Member

Could simply be someone who is confused, incompetent or alternatively a bit of a cretin with a persecution complex.

Yeah, BMW driver.

scaredypants

you probably put him off his game of candy birds on the phone

mikertroid
    Free Member

As a BMW driver for the last 6 years I can confirm that by overtaking one AND using indicators, you’d have set all the dash warning lightsand chimes off in the Beemer.

Terrifying ordeal for the X1 driver and passengers.

FuzzyWuzzy

It was probably a hitman travelling incognito to his next job, got a bit of road rage but decided against taking action in case the police got involved. He has your reg (and by now your address) so it was nice knowing you…

martinhutch

A BMW at 30mph on a sliproad? Dashcam or it didn’t happen.

sbob
    Free Member

As I reach the top of the slip road I remember there is road works should I turn right so moved back into the left hand lane having indicated.

Image result for jimmy hill chin

slowoldman

Maybe he remembered the road works just after you.

avdave2

Doesn’t everyone randomly follow strangers just to freak them out?

breadcrumb

What car was the OP driving?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Doesn’t everyone randomly follow strangers just to freak them out?

Especially after minor things like poorly  executed and ultimately pointless overtakes.

tomparkin

If the BMW was doing 30 mph on the sliproad and changing lanes haphazardly I’d also go with the assumption that the driver wasn’t 100% sure where they were going and was perhaps waiting on the sat nav to give them the next set of directions.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Motorway Exit Sliproad’ is closed to new replies.