Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 450 total)
  • Mojo – no longer responsible for Fox
  • wwaswas

2nd and 3rd of my orders just arrived.

Before I send them back anyone want:

2018 34 K FLOAT 27.5in 150 FIT4 Blk 15QRx110 1.5T
    (Code: 910-20-403)

They’re 650B+/27+ Factory 34’s with 150mm travel, FIT4 damping and 110×15 axle if the above doesn’t make much sense.

Cost me £487 and I’ll deliver for that.

DezB
    Free Member

What’s wrong with them wwaswas?

My 29er 34s just arrived. bloody amazing – cheaper than the Pace RC36s I bought back in the 90s!

JackHammer

Buyers remorse?

nickhit3
    Free Member

the pinkbike article on this story has been removed…

wwaswas

What’s wrong with them wwaswas?

well, it’s possible I got carried away looking at the bargains, ordered these and then about 40 minutes later realised I should have go the 120’s so went back and ordered those as well *blushes*.

Given the feeding frenzy I wanted to be sure I ended up with at least one of the two so let them both proceed.

northernmatt

the pinkbike article on this story has been removed…

Still there just not on the front page

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/mojo-suspension-to-no-longer-distribute-fox-2017.html

Onzadog
    Free Member

Wwaswas, probably the right move. My pondering means I missed out on a pair of 36s.

Daffy

Before I send them back anyone want:

2018 34 K FLOAT 27.5in 150 FIT4 Blk 15QRx110 1.5T
    (Code: 910-20-403)

Maybe…please just let me check if a 29+ wheel will fit in there. I don’t suppose you could measure the axle to arch height could you?

DezB
    Free Member

well, it’s possible I got carried away

Suspected as much 🙂

@Daffy : 29+ wheel in 27.5 forks? Do they do that?

Daffy

Looking good, so I may indeed have them from you; can you fire me an e-mail?

wwaswas

I’ll be running a 26×4″ tyre in the pair I’m keeping so anything’s possible 🙂

Daffy – will email cheers.

Gotama
    Free Member

Hmmm, well I am struggling to get a reply from anyone on a number of Fox email addresses, even the one Mojo kindly gave me (which I felt pretty awkward asking for) just returns as undeliverable. Twitter and Instagram ignored as well. Creaking CSU and my warranty is up on 28th this month. Will try calling when the US wakes up later. I’m not fussed about them being necessarily dealt with now, just a confirmation that they will be sorted under warranty when they get their distributor in place.

wwaswas

In further ‘look before you leap’ news Daffy has kindly pointed out that these are not ‘plus’ forks, just standard 27.5.

I’ll just send them back, I think.

Daffy

Unless I’m mistaken, and unless someone can tell me otherwise, the Fox 2017-2018 specification sheets seem to list all 110mm 34 27.5 Boost forks as plus forks…they even have the 150mm listed, but not available on their website??

Link to Fox Specification Sheets

jamiesilo
    Free Member

looks righ tenough to me daffy, tho not sure whether you’ll get 29+ in there, unless you’ve found some pictures/reassurance elsewhere.
    having said that i did manage to get a 27.5 x 2.8″ into a regular 27.5 fork…

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Your fork Jamiesilo?

bigbloke
    Free Member

Anybody buy a 200×50 dps evol and having remorse at all? 🙂

wwaswas

Daffy – this is fork label. Says 44mm offset whereas those drawings seem to say 51? The 120’s I also have def say ‘PLUS’ on the label too.

chestrockwell

Thought the 110 bit referred to boost? The none boost say 100 right?

Andy

I just checked a 29 plus wheel (Mulefut rim/Chronicle) in the 2 pairs forks I bought.

In the 27.5+ 110 boost 120mm travel forks, tons of room either side. 10mm between tyre top and fork arch – which looks OK. The distance axle to bottom of Arch is 390mm

And also not bought for this purpose but in 29 110 boost 140mm travel, 8mm between tyre top and fork arch – which looks a bit tight. The distance axle to Arch is 388mm. Also about 10mm between side of tyre and arch, which looks tight.

Not checked if crown fouls tyre on full compression.

stevied
    Free Member

Just had my X2 arrive, very nice it is too. Mine came with 1 volume spacer in the bag with a couple of allen key tools and a sticker 😀
    Not bad for £246.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

and a sticker

Does it say “another shaft by fox”

Daffy

Thank you Andy;; it looks like it’s not going to work and that the specification sheets are wrong/incomplete. Silly and a shame.

richardthird

Wwaswas is that a JJ going in the 120? That’s what I want then, how much clearance?

gaberin
    Free Member

@wwaswas, I’ll take the forks off you if they are the normal non plus ones, happy to pay towards postage.
    Spent too much time hesitating and so missed out on them from mojo annoyingly 😳

oikeith

Hmmm, well I am struggling to get a reply from anyone on a number of Fox email addresses, even the one Mojo kindly gave me (which I felt pretty awkward asking for) just returns as undeliverable. Twitter and Instagram ignored as well. Creaking CSU and my warranty is up on 28th this month. Will try calling when the US wakes up later.

Why not try Fox on the continent? I think I read somewhere here Fox went solo in Germany and set up as a solo distro and warranty place, try them? I’m sure they’ll have some english speakers or use google translate.

Andy

@Daffy from reading round this its best to actually check. Think the only one that will really work is the 27.5 plus version.

blakec
    Free Member

I wasn’t so lucky just got this from mojo

Unfortunately we’re unable to fulfil your order. Due to the high volume of orders we received, our ecommerce system became overwhelmed and subsequently crashed allowing orders to be taken for items that were already sold out.

A full refund has been processed. Please allow 5-7 working days for the funds to appear in your account.

We apologise for any inconvenience understandably caused.

Kind Regards
    Mojo Customer Service Team

Daffy

I almost bought one as they were the last version in stock…

daern
    Free Member

I wasn’t so lucky just got this from mojo

Aw, that’s a shame. My seatposts have turned up this morning, so I guess I was lucky!

What did you order?

MSP

When fox brought the German distribution in house, what they actually did was buy out the distributor (toxoholics). Seeing as they clearly haven’t done that in the UK. I don’t think they could just set up a service center from scratch in a matter of weeks, there can’t be that many people with the skills required unless they poach the current mojo staff. Even if they could get staff with generic suspension experience, to get up to speed with the fox product line would still take months.

chakaping
    Free Member

Absolutely agree MSP, looks like a bit of a cock-up and I wonder if they’ll end up getting owners to send warranty items abroad as a stop-gap.

Fox’s silence on the matter must be worrying for owners with potential warranty issues.

blakec
    Free Member

It was a fork for my wife’s bike.

dair86
    Free Member

Looking good, so I may indeed have them from you; can you fire me an e-mail?

If this falls through id be interested

Cheers

iaindair at gmail dot com

Onzadog
    Free Member

This gets even more exciting. I may or may not be getting an X2 shock then. I might just get an email instead. I’ll keep checking my email.

stevied
    Free Member

Just tried to register my X2 on ridefox and it won’t let me add anything after 2015.
    Is that normal or have Fox pulled any registration off the website?

Daffy

The Fox website is a bag of bollox for all the use it is.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Also just got informed that I won’t be getting an x2 same email from mojo

scaredypants

FWIW I haven’t had anything since the intial acknowledgement from mojo but a nice lady just brought me a fork-sized package, so it may be that no news is good news for those still waiting to hear

sofaking
    Free Member

sounds promising for Mojo

Mojo Suspension: What happens next?

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 450 total)

The topic ‘Mojo – no longer responsible for Fox’ is closed to new replies.